Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 rear drivers side door lock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 10:41am
One difference IIRC from the handbook could be the child lock mech on some models which is a lever at the rear door where on others it is controlled from the drivers door.
If in doubt give it a clout!
TaraMunnelly View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaraMunnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 1:36pm
Thanks for responses Wickydude and Electrolyte. Looks like I might have to bite the bullet and pay Nissan for original part given the apparent scarcity p12 estate parts via breakers. I appreciate your help, regardless, and am well impressed by the camraderie and willingness to help of NPOC members. Keep it up lad's n lasses.  
Tara Munnelly
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:41pm
There is a member on here breaking a P12 dci hatch right now, might be worth a membership fee to have a look, AFAIK the doors and ancillaries are unclaimedThumbs Up
Tara View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:15pm
Cheer's Timeshock, I've made enquiries about joining and am currently awaiting a response so hopefully that member might sort me out. How do I know if its the actuator or the door lock that's giving me the problem and what do AFAIK and IIRC mean?
Tara Munnelly
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:37pm

I recommend you download the free electronic service manual following the link below

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

This will give you a starter of where to look and how to get to it, you should be able to tell by inspection where the problem lay.

AFAIK = As Far As I Know
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly
Tara View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:10pm
Wickydude, I've been on nissan4u in an attempt to get the part number of the relevant door lock or actuator to help solve the problem I've referred to above but there's no reference to the WP12 so I looked up the most recent estate listed, the WP11E, January 2002, got as far as engine type and saw no reference to my engine (QG16DE) so I looked up the QG18DE. I came up with part number 825029F511 for the right hand rear door lock and 825522F005 for the actuator. Do you have any idea if they're the right part numbers for the right hand drive, petrol, 2008, Primera SE, WP12 Estate 1.6 Visia ?
Tara Munnelly
Tara View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:13pm
Have the manual, Timeshock but not making much headway in isolating fault using it.
Tara Munnelly
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:28pm
Tara, click on that pic I posted and it will take you to the site for what should be the correct version.
There are two main part numbers listed for the right hand lock assembly (which contains the actuator, it comes as a set only).
If you have four power windows, your part should be 82500AV71B.

The P11 wagon was listed as WP11, but the P12 wagon is listed within th P12, no longer a separate identifier.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
Tara View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:58pm
Thanks Wickydude, I wasn't aware that the pic was a weblink.
Tara Munnelly
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 9:02pm
Before jumping in and ordering any parts I really think you need to establish if power is reaching the actuator.
This can be done with a voltmeter or a simple test lamp made up from a car bulb with wires and crock clips.
Remove the plug from the actuator and clip the lamp to the connector making sure the clips don't short against each other then operate the fob to see if the bulb lights.
If in doubt give it a clout!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>