Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Sat Nav Radio / CD controls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMN288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Sat Nav Radio / CD controls
    Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:50am
Hi, I'm in New Zealand and have just bought a Japanese import Primera 2 ltr Wagon. Very nice it is as well. However, the radio / CD is labelled in Japanese. I see from the forum its not likely that I will be able to convert this to read in English, but does anyone have a translation of the menu items from Japanese into English? 

At least I might be able to set up the unit for radio and CD use. 

I don't have the original DVD Rom for the Sat Nav, and the unit just throws out my playlists recorded on CD via iTunes. I have yet to try playing an original CD.

Thanks in advance.

Pete
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 8:04pm
Hi, welcome along to the forumBig smile
You will get loads of help  on here, I think we just need a little more info. There are really two editions of the P12 and they have different audio/sat nav equipment. So before I go writing war and peace and you have an earlier P12 it will not be relevent.
Any chance of posting a picture up of your dash?
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 8:45pm
Welcome to NPOC,

There is a document somewhere with the P12 menus in English.

Changing the display is to English is not impossible, there just doesn't seem to be much interest in NZ.
PMN288 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMN288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 10:18pm
Hey there,

Thanks for the quick reply, the Wagon was manufactured 2001 and has a built in TV, something we'd never get away with in the UK!

I've attached a photograph of the unit, and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks, kind regards

Petefile:///Users/peternicholls/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2010/25%20Jan%202010/DSCF0686.JPG
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:41pm
try this link to help you with your photo post

PMN288 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMN288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 10:55pm
Hey thanks for the reply about posting photographs... here's a photograph of my audio car's / air con / sat nav system.

The labels are quite clear and you can just see the screen above the control panel. 

Best wishes

Pete
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:47pm

OK, not too sure how much info you want and what you already know, so if we just concentrate on your radio/CD controls for now and anything else just ask again.

The audio system is accessed from the control panel you have photographed or from the steering column. The button on the control panel is the big round one on the left hand side.

Adjust the volume simply by turning in either direction.

To access the radio/CD press the button, this will access the radio or CD depending upon which was being listened to last time. To switch from one to the other you have to press the source (SRC) button which I believe is marked disc on your photo (also the bottom left hand side inner button on the steering wheel).

Once the big round button has been pressed this activates the the panel buttons number 1-6. These are multi-function buttons depending on which button has been pressed, e.g. sat nav, radio, CD etc. In radio mode these represent your radio station presets. To find a station use the joystick push in any direction. Up/down moves frequency in increments, left/right finds nearest station if held for a couple of seconds. Once you have found a station press on of the button 1 to 6 and hold for 5 secs and this will store the station. Looking at you photograph your two toggle buttons marked FM1-2 and AM are your wave band selection, so 6 station for each of these. Also a different set can be saved if the other nats key is used in the ignition.

I don’t know in you region if you have traffic announcements (TA) or RDS radio data system operation. Looking at your button it does not look if traffic announcements are enabled.

As far as audio menus are concerned, press the settings button it is immediately below button number 4. This brings up a menu on the screen. Depending on your model you should have 5 (type A) or six menus (Type B) depending on whether you have Sat NAV fitted.

The menu order from top to bottom will read Audio, Display, Instrument Brightness, Language and clock for type A and Audio, Display, Instrument Brightness, Language, navigation and guidance volume for type B.

Select audio by pressing the joystick menu and you get from top to bottom Bass, Treble, Balance, fader, loudness, AF, Reg, TA volume, On Volume Speed dependant volume and switch beep, all altered by moving the joystick in the appropriate direction.

I will leave it there for now, let me know how you get on and what ever else you want to know.

norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 10:16pm
you can see function of buttons on this pic
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 10:28pm
Well done guys - Awesome helpClap

Rob, is there any chance you can take a crystal clear piccy of that (with no blur) and I'll get a how to made up, that will compare the UK buttons with the Jap buttons and also use Ash's text too.

Many thanks fellas!
GavinH View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavinH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:43am
Hi I am interested in the radio frequency range for European/UK Primeras, Japanese car radios go to 100Mhz and do not work well in NZ without a band shifter which usually do not work well on weak signals
GLH 
GLH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>