Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 82>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortySco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 7:40pm
A tad too late i'm sure but this may assist others that come later.
Mine is back in the car now, but i'm sure it was C5......

While i was removing the silver box, i was bending back the side when i knocked off a surface mount capacitor, thought this was game over.

I decided to take my rusty electronics knowledge and trace the circuit working out how it works..... in the end i decided there was a good chance the circuit would operate successfully, so i went ahead with the screw fix, put it back together, and.....

It Works!

Of course this capacitor did do something and there is a risk, but seems to be working perfectly, my worry was that it had caused a break in the circuit but it is wired in parallel so jobs a good un.
ShortySco View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortySco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 7:47pm
To popswoo & contributors.

Thanks for the fix, it's so cowboy it's like a work of art ;)
It's like the curcuit/metal box was designed just for this screw fix design.

I solder (very poorly) and can say with some confidence that people who are capable of this already know they are, so if you are unsure, don't bother, go for the screw fix.

I read about the screw fix and had no confidence at all, but as i wen't through the steps i realised it's really just child's play.

And hats off to you for helping others via post and what not as i have read in this thread.

Rob
sucky View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 3:59pm
hi  all i have just read all the comments on the p12 dvd problems and yes i have the same problem .Cry is there anyone in the greater manchester area that can fix it for me ? will travel to there house or garage . please help me
sucky
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 7:27pm
In case you have not seen this take the DVD player to a competent electronic repairer with these instructions

sucky View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 7:56pm
thanks mate
sucky
sucky View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 8:21pm
thanks for that mate LOL
sucky
csmonto View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csmonto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 11:26am
Hi, I have a 2002 Nissan Primera 1.8 S. It had a mono screen so I bought a colour one with control pad to replace it. To take one step at a time I plugged the screen in first after removing centre console and tried to start the car but nothing, I have plugged all original peices back now and still nothing, The Nats light is blinking all the time and its as if the car is now immobilised. Can you suggest what I need to do?
csmonto View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csmonto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 11:26am
Hi, I have a 2002 Nissan Primera 1.8 S. It had a mono screen so I bought a colour one with control pad to replace it. To take one step at a time I plugged the screen in first after removing centre console and tried to start the car but nothing, I have plugged all original peices back now and still nothing, The Nats light is blinking all the time and its as if the car is now immobilised. Can you suggest what I need to do?
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 1:25pm
Check fuses 1, 10, 12, 30 and 33

1 is top left in the fusebox next to the steering wheel
33 is under the bonnet
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 1:58pm
After checking the fuses try this

1. Leave the ignition key in "ON" position for approximately 5 seconds.

2. Turn ignition key to "OFF" or "LOCK" position and wait approximately 5 seconds.

3. Repeat step 1 and 2 again.

4. Restart the engine while keeping the key separate from any others on key-chain.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 82>