Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Screen Console Sat Nav Probs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mujtaba420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 7:41pm
I can't find how to fix it on page 28 can you kindly send it to me by email or reply thanks in advance or just send the link of other forum you are talking about.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 10:18pm
Welcome to NPOC,

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-blank-console-screen-repair_topic32396.html

Repairing yourself is not easy.
Ideal Technology can fix for around £100
http://idealtechnology.co.uk/

Widgetaah View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Widgetaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 5:43am
8 Years after the solution was posted, this fix worked for me! Smile
My 2001 P12 Primera Wagon had it's display not working, meaning the radio did not go and the A/C going full blast all the time. It intermittently did work, but not often.

I took the dash apart and removed the AV/DVD player (the bottom unit).
Removing the case and taking the (power supply?) board out, I desoldered the IC1 unit (5 pins and earthing/metal can connections).  The SMD transistor was visibly loose.  I cut out the white glue and desoldered the two inductors on either side of the transistor.  I resoldered the transistor under a microscope.  I resoldered the two inductors back in and put it all back into the metal can body.  Reassembled everything, and it's been working for 2 days now.

So thank you, I would have never found this without this forum.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 9:28am
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Well done you for having the skills to do this yourself and pleased you found the answer.
I remember well when we did not know the fix and with work by others with particular mention to Popswoo has helped countless people looking for a solution.
I don't know if many people have this issue now and they are just getting it quietly fixed but it certainly does not crop up very often, now that maybe that there are not many left now or if they were going to go wrong they would have done by now
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 8:41pm
Good old Popswoo. LOL

Verboaten View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verboaten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 4:52pm
Geek Sorry I know I am bumping an old thread here again but it seems I own one of these P12s that has not been cured of the problem, I have come across this thread and am positive that this is the same issue I am seeing.

I do not feel comfortable putting a screw inside the unit nor do I know how to solder to any degree, I don't mind paying someone to do either however if I am paying I'd think getting it resoldered would be better.
Better yet were replacement boards ever ordered/accessible?

Thanks allSleepy
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Verboaten Verboaten wrote:

Geek Sorry I know I am bumping an old thread here again but it seems I own one of these P12s that has not been cured of the problem, I have come across this thread and am positive that this is the same issue I am seeing.

I do not feel comfortable putting a screw inside the unit nor do I know how to solder to any degree, I don't mind paying someone to do either however if I am paying I'd think getting it resoldered would be better.
Better yet were replacement boards ever ordered/accessible?

Thanks allSleepy
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

As far as I know Nissan/Clarion never reissued or made available replacement boards. I agree with you the best fix would be either be replacement of the board or re-solder, either way you are going to have to get the unit out of the car. I think you are going to have to find yourself a competent electronics repairer and show him what is required.Thumbs Up
J4NTT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J4NTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 9:56pm
Great fun these - my solution was to buy one from a scrap dealer and swap over the power supply. Unfortunately that one eventually failed as well.

My final solution was to use an external power supply, I took out the original power unit, drilled a hole through the back of the unit and wired in the external power supply - yes there is some soldering but not the fine surface mount component. Never had any more problems with it.

good luck
Verboaten View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verboaten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:22am
Can I ask what year the DVD unit was changed to the one under the seat? Are these also affected by this manufacturing defect?

Thanks
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 10:38am
Welcome to NPOC
The under seat DVD came in with the facelift 2004/2005. Not compatible with your car
Send yours to ideal technology or find a local Laptop repairer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182>