Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera P12 se 2004 (diesel) cd player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michele1962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera P12 se 2004 (diesel) cd player
    Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 7:22pm
I have recently bwcame owner of above. My radio/CD player is not working. It work occassionally we removed centre console and a cd was stuck so removed but it now wont accept new cds or play radio - any ideas of what can be wrong. I have been.tld to get an aftermarket one but i have read a few disturbing reports.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 7:43pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
 Have a look here

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-disc-stuck-in-cd-player_topic14557.html

Not sure why the radio will not work. You can fit an exact replacement but you will have to pay a visit to a Nissan dealer to get it coded to the car. Aftermarket fitting of other types is not recommended

Michele1962 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michele1962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:07pm
Thankyou i will pass this on to my son in law who has been trying to fix it for me
ellisjd View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellisjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 8:25pm
I have a P12 (2005) with built in CD player. The DVD is beneath the front passenger seat. The radio has s a rocker switch TA (travel announcement and FM/AM button. The problem I have is the FM/AM button has stopped functioning. I can access the radio via the PTY/SRC rocker but I can't change the radio to MW to listen to sport. Does that rocker button prise off as I could probably lever it by putting a knife or small screwdriver head down the side of the button, or if not how do you get to repair it? 
Oli1983uk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oli1983uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 8:54pm
recently my car stereo in my 2004 Primera stopped working, it would some times tune in but then lose the radio and I would only get interference, also the CD was stuck inside the drive, I removed it and sent it back to Clarion for them to fix, after they inspected it they said it would have to be sent back to the main office in France for them to repair due to an issue on the main processor switching on both the AM & Fm signals.

They wanted £250 to repair it but also advised if I bought a second hand unit they would recode that one to my car for £35, so next week I am sending them a replacement unit.
miggy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 2:34pm
My radio doesnt work at the start then comes on after 10 minutes or so cd players not the greatest either ive read that aftermarket cd players are quite tricky but having a rake round the web came up wae a harness plug thingymabob does any 1 know if anything works to fit a aftermarket cd players cheers
miggy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 2:36pm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nissan-Primera-harness-adapter-converter/dp/B00JEWVD8I
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 4:43pm
No idea about the harness adapter, never heard of it. You are going to have to be careful, yours is 2004 so make sure which version you have as the first edition crossed over to second in 2004. If you have sat nav fitted then next to impossible.
 Post Reply Post Reply