Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 seatbelt warning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen2079 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 seatbelt warning
    Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 8:50pm
Hi fellow Primera fans,

A little help if you'd be so kind.

My seatbelt reminder constantly beeps to say I'm not buckled-up - but I am. Fiddling with the wire close to the buckle/red release button provides momentary relief, so I assume there's a loose connection. Clearly, this needs to be fixed properly but - in the mean time - is there a fuse I can pull to give me some peace?

Thank you,

S
cyberoddity View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberoddity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:34am
Hi Stephen,

I had this issue on my Primera recently. I did not have time to find the cause of the issue so I simply deactivated the warning on the drivers seat. In my car here is a small 2 wire block under the drivers seat, one black wire, one green wire. To stop the warning I simply removed the green wire from the block.
stephen2079 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen2079 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:57pm
Thanks for the reply.

In the end, I purchased a replacement (second-hand) seat belt stalk that's fixed the problem. For reference, the part cost £10 from that famous auction website and installation cost £25.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 6:51am
Originally posted by stephen2079 stephen2079 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

In the end, I purchased a replacement (second-hand) seat belt stalk that's fixed the problem. For reference, the part cost £10 from that famous auction website and installation cost £25.
Thumbs Up
roystonvasey69 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roystonvasey69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:37pm
Hi Stephen, might be worth checking the passenger seat too. I had exactly this problem after my wife had been in the car with me and adjusted the seat (bless her little cotton socks). 

I simply reached under the passenger seat and made sure that all the connector blocks were well and truly connected by pressing them together as hard as I could. The warning message disappeared immediately. This was about 3 months ago and it's not reoccurred.

Hope this helps! Smile
stephen2079 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen2079 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:46pm
Thanks for that. 

My car hasn't got a warning for the passenger seat so my lady - bless her little cotton socks, too - has no such issues. 

Glad your car's fixed. 

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply