Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grantl88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - Speakers
    Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 1:36pm
Hello,

i have some questions about the speakers in my P12 that i hope you can answer for me.

What size are the front and rear door speakers?

and is there a way to fit larger speakers e.g 6x9's in there?

also the underseat sub, what kind of power does it put out?

and does anyone have any suggestions for one that would fit in its place but thump that bit more?

thanks
Grant
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 7:04pm
You need a set of adapter rings and a set of 16,5cm speakers. They are a rather easy swap for the standard paper ones. The adapter rings can be found easily, the micra K11 rings are identical.
You might want to swap the tweeters in the A-pillars as well, with a nice crossover filter. Bit more work but well worth it.
The underseat sub is powered by the speaker wires only. output is rather limitited. There are alternatives available, but they need separate power supply,and most don't accept the speaker wire signals. They require an RCA signal instead.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 7:21pm
The standard underseat Nissan sub is powered.
Not sure if the connector is present in cars without it.

Aftermarket subs are available with built in amp and high level (speaker) input.
Grantl88 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grantl88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 11:46pm
Cheers guys, thought it was abit of a long shot with the underseat sub. Gonna start with the door speakers and tweeters first and see how that sounds then might invest in a small woofer at a later date.

Thanks again.
Highway View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 10:38pm
Does an SX car, 2005 have this underwear sub as standard or was it a cost extra?
Shawn260680 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn260680 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 8:01pm
Hi
Im new to this forum and dont know if this is the right place to post a question.

Im not sure if any1 has answered Grantl88's question about what size speakers are factory fitted as i am after the same reply. Also iv got 2 speaker grills on each front arch which seem like tweeters but there is no sound from it does anyone know if tweeters are factory installed or is that just a dummy grill.

Forgot to mention my car is a 2004 2.2 dci Primera.

Any replies will be highly appreciated

Regards

Shawn
wickydude View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 8:59pm
Welcome to you, Shawn!

The easiest way to check if you have the tweeters, or if they indeed work or not, is to remove the cover from the A-pillar.
Easy job if you have downloaded the Factory Service Manual (or FSM) from the How-To section.
Factory speakers are nissan-specific, and as stated above, can be replaced with 16,5cm speakers in adapter rings. Either buy P12/Micra K12 rings online, or make your own from 18mm MDF.

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b
Shawn260680 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn260680 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 9:17am
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> Hi wickdude

Thanx alot for your much appreciated reply.

Regards

Shawn
Victory View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:14pm
Hi guys, this is a deviation from the topic being discussed, I own a 2003 p12 saloon, had some issues with startup, the car displays a red key sign on the dashboard, ignition works fine but the engine does not turn neither does the car start. My tech fixed the issue by replacing the brainbox of the car, but since then my radio doesn't work and the screen just shows secure in a yellow box
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:28pm
If the ecu has been changed I'm surprised a few other things are not working, get you tech to recode the AV unit to the NATS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>