Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 steering wheel problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyj123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 steering wheel problems
    Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:17am

Hi all, I have a 05 plate Primera, first Nissan ever and so far very happy.  Only issue I have is a lot of the time when I turn my steering wheel it either turns the volume up and down on the stereo dependent on which way I turn or it will flick through all the info screens as I turn the wheel.
It doesn't do it all the time but I have noticed it does it more first thing in a morning and also under more heavy activity (like parking the car and spinning the wheel to and throw a lot).

Any advice anyone or is there a way of just disconnecting the controls on the steering wheel as i don't use them anyway.

Thanks in advance

Gary

nol View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:43am

I have the same problem.

twelve View Drop Down
NPOC Legend Elite
NPOC Legend Elite
Top Tosser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twelve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:43am
Hi Gary and a big welcome to NPOC Wave

I have edited your thread title and made sure it starts with "Nissan Primera P12" - Please keep on top of that (it is explained in our forum rules):

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum-guidelines-rules_topic2&FID=1&PR=3.html

Point 2)

Many thanks and take care,
Phil
garyj123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyj123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 12:35pm
Glad its not just me.  Any idea's?
COLMBR1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COLMBR1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 1:54pm
Hi, have the same problem with my 05 sve p12, its a problem with the wiring loom, got a price from nissan in ireland last year the siad about 750 EURO to fix, i found out that the problem is in the brass contacts in the steering wheel they have to be cleaned hav't that the time to do it yet but i will, and post up the info with photos on the site, it is worse when it is cold inside the car when the warm weather comes in its ok.Wink
Baz007 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:51pm
I've never tried cleaning the contacts so can't say if that works or not. The problem actually lies with an insufficient earth. The new loom adds anotyher earth to the coloumn.
nol View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 7:14pm
Hello COLMBR1.
Can you tell me what I should to clean and where.
Thanks
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 7:30pm
garyj123 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyj123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 10:45pm
Can I not just disconnect the steering wheels controls?  I dont use them anyway
joebongo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 11:19pm
Are the buttons supposed to be backlit?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>