Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 suspension

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vimtoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p12 suspension
    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:18pm
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help I have a primera p12, 53reg 1.8....i have noticed my left rear is much lower than my right side, I can easily fit 4 fingers between the tyre and arch on right side but can't get 3 fingers in on left side, I have had shocks on both sides replaced this made no difference what so ever, I had 2 mechanics check springs they both said springs were fine even passed mot with it..... But when I'm driving and have rear passengers I have to get them to sit on right side, as when they sit on left side and I go over even a small bump you can hear the rear end thudding, but yet it's new shocks and springs are fine.... Could anyone please tell me what could it possibly be.... Thanks in advance
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 10:24pm
Standard springs I take it? Just that lowering springs if fitted can shift the axel to one side and upset the geometry giving what you describe.

roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:13am
Sounds like you have a weak nearside spring. Ouch  I would replace both sides with new ones. Thumbs Up
Roy
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:33pm
Springs can behave significantly different. Maybe, at some point only one of the two was replaced?
I have two P12's. One 2005, one 2004. They are supposed to be identical, except for interior color. Both have original springs, unoriginal shocks. When the 2004 has 900kg on the rear axle, the suspension bottoms out in any small bump. While the 2005 shows no signs of such even with 1100 kg on the rear axle. (Though, traction on front wheels gets significantly worse when the rear gets this heavy.) To my surprise the weight on the front wheels has always been 980-1000kg when I've checked, no matter how much stuff I've had in the back (including empty).
 Post Reply Post Reply