Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Trouble Code P1715

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailorBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Trouble Code P1715
    Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 4:40am
I have a England manufactured 2003 Primera 2L with a tiptronic / manumatic transmission sold in the middle east.

According to the previous owner, he was having trouble with the transmission and was told he needs to replace it.  He has already replaced the transmission once on this car.

The little bit I've driven the car the only problem I've noticed is that it's sluggish when cold, and I pulled a pending P1715 diagnostic trouble code from the ECU.  From the little information I've found on the internet this code refers means a problem with the turbine speed sensor, it's wiring or the TCM.

However, I haven't been able to find any info on this code in 02p12e or 03p12e WSMs.  Also, only the 02p12e WSM has an automatic transmission section, but I couldn't find any info on the turbine speed sensor, and I'm not sure if the AT listed there is the same as my tiptronic / manumatic / sport automatic whatever the heck it's called.

If anyone has any info on this code, how to address it and any testing procedures for the sensor it would be greatly appreciated.
SailorBob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailorBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 7:05am
I got to speak with the previous owner again, and he said the problem was that after allot of driving, the tranny would seem to act as if it was stuck in low gear when going up an incline, but in day to day driving it was mostly fine.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 7:21am
Thanks for creating the new topic with a correct and full topic title Robert :)

I hope you get the help you need - Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
SailorBob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailorBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 12:54pm
I'm linking this other thread here on the forum because it's the same problem I'm having. 

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-cvt-automatic-gearbox-issues_topic68400_page1.html
SailorBob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SailorBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 1:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply