Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 tyre pressure sensors reset Q ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 tyre pressure sensors reset Q ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyP12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 tyre pressure sensors reset Q ?
    Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 5:34pm
As some of you probabily know by now I am the happy new owner of a 2003 2.0L T-Spec CVT.

I am planning to swap the fron tyres/wheels with the back so they all wear at the same time, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to re-set the tyre pressure warning thingy after I do this.

It says in the manual I will have ot get a Nissan dealer to do this, but surley it can be done DIY at zero cost?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I thought I had already put this post on here but either I didn't up-load it or its vannished. Anyway, help would be very much appreciated.

I would also like to say what a great bunch of people there seem to be on here. I have received responces to all my posts very quick and it is a pleasure to find such an active forum with genuinly helpful, active members.

Pay day next week so I intend to become a fully paid up member.
regards,

Andy
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 10:17pm
mate of mine who is tyre fitter says latest stance on this is DON'T DO IT cos it stresses the tyres
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 12:01am
Never been a fan of swapping tyres. Unless you are going to flog it why buy all 4 tyres at the same time. My P12 I have bought fronts twice and the same tyres are still on the back with good tread, done 62K+.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 12:05am
Originally posted by AndyP12 AndyP12 wrote:

I thought I had already put this post on here but either I didn't up-load it or its vannished. Anyway, help would be very much appreciated.

You did.. It's on page 3 of the General Section:

AndyP12 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyP12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 9:26am
SORRY.... New to all this and should have looked a bit harder.

Anyway, going back to my original question, does anyone know how to re-set the tyre pressure sensor warning thing on a T-Spec P12?

I would prefer to buy 4 tyres at the same time because you get better discounts and have the same tyres on all 4 corners.
regards,

Andy
norbert eggcup View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norbert eggcup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 11:41pm
have a look in the factory manual which you can download here-->bullet
Boomting View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 7:34pm
Hi, Long story short...  Went to main stealer today and for a very reasonable £60 they reset my TPMS light and apparently learned or activated the rear offside (Brand new) Schrader sensor. After driving home a few miles the light came back on and the new sensor has not yet given a reading (0.0) So I'm back to square one. They did warn me that because I have an ABS fault (cracked tone ring, requiring new CV joint to front offside which has been same for nearly 3 years) it might affect TPMS. Why has TPMS worked until thunder storm 6weeks ago regardless of ever-present ABS fault?  
They also very kindly jet washed car, removing lots of paint from colour coded door trim. I'm so glad I bothered. Problem is, MOT in 5 weeks and now set to fail!? Can anyone help?
George Orwell never said it would be this bad.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 7:59pm
TPMS is only testable on Cars from 2012.
My 08 Mazda has the TPMS Light on and passed the MOT a few Months ago.
They failed it initially due to the Tester not understanding the new MOT rules.

MOT Manual. Wheel/Tyre Section
https://www.mot-testing.service.gov.uk/documents/manuals/class3457/Section-5-Axles-Wheels-Tyres-and-Suspension.html#section_5.2

Not a fail but be prepared to challenge if they try to fail it.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 2:39pm
You don’t need a new CV joint for a cracked ring, I had one fitted by my local garage
Boomting View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Boomting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:36am
Thanks for the replies, I might try to get just a ring fitted and my MOT tester has cheerfully reassured me it's only a fail on 2012 cars and on. I think I got a duff sensor although new boxed off of eBay. If the tyre pressures are off the light flashes but goes solid when they are in range 25-37psi from what I can work out. If I cycle through the menu quickly when I turn the ignition on I can see briefly the offside rear with offending 'new' sensor's value is 0.0 so could try another I suppose. I will put the skinny spare on and see what occurs.  
George Orwell never said it would be this bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>