Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 tyre pressure sensors reset Q ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 tyre pressure sensors reset Q ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:33pm
Start by alternating the left front and rear wheels. By the time you're on the third wheel you'll be done.
justmirel View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmirel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 7:59pm
I don't understand why must me in the same order.

also is not more easily program the sensors again? I have 23 combinations left to do..but I need deflate and inflate every time..it is a pain...even if I take them wheels down and swap them around I still got the same no of combinations...how do I know is the correct one if I try your method? I let the keys inside the ignition and the error will disappear?
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:19pm
I don't understand what you mean by 23 combinations.
Here's the logic. Your car has a tpms module that stores sensor IDs in the following order: FL, FR, RR, RL. If sensor ID 12356 has been originally registered in FL, then only cloned sensor ID with 123456 will work there. If you placed ID 78910 there it won't match/receive the signal. If you had a programmer (e.g. Consult) you could replace 123456 with 78910 in FL if you desire. But you don't have such programmer. So you can only copy the ID for use its originally registered location.
You need not bother about specific tyre psi inflation. You could do anything from 32 all round.
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by justmirel justmirel wrote:

...how do I know is the correct one if I try your method? I let the keys inside the ignition and the error will disappear?
Press the Info button on the multi-function switch till the tyre pressures are displayed. You might need to drive the car for a short distance for the pressures to be displayed. Admittedly cumbersome, but that's the only solution without a programming tool.
justmirel View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmirel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:42pm
yes.i understand what you saying but i don't know the order of my old tyres..so it can be any of the following..1, 2, 3, 4;  1, 2, 4, 3; 1, 3, 2, 4,1, and so on..totally 24 combinations of  changing my wheels...it will be a pain but I must do it.thanks
justmirel View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmirel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Estyfort Estyfort wrote:

...how do I know is the correct one if I try your method? I let the keys inside the ignition and the error will disappear?
Press the Info button on the multi-function switch till the tyre pressures are displayed. You might need to drive the car for a short distance for the pressures to be displayed. Admittedly cumbersome, but that's the only solution without a programming tool.

do I need have the engine on? or contact on?
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:45pm
Yes, engine running.
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:49pm
Not so many. As I suggested start by swapping the FL and RL. If neither displays a pressure then try FR and RR in any of the wheels on the left. Once one has matched the rest become easy.
justmirel View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmirel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:54pm
are you saying that at this moment they are all wrong and that's why none is displayed? I thought all of them must be in their places for the system to show something. by my experience, if one is dead it will not show any readings..
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:02pm

are you saying that at this moment they are all wrong and that's why none is displayed? I thought all of them must be in their places for the system to show something. by my experience, if one is dead it will not show any readings..
No they're independent. If one was dead, the others will display. Yes, they're not all correctly located at the moment. From your experience how have you addressed the issue when any was dead?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>