Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera Tommy Kaira RT190 engine used?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richpopek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera Tommy Kaira RT190 engine used?
    Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:36am
Hello All from the west coast of California! Maybe someone on the other side of the pond can help me figure out which engine I have and if there are any dual weber side-draft conversions available. I have a Tommy Kaira RT 190 also known as a Leading Edge RT-190. It has a Nissan 2.0L engine (190HP) from a Primera. This model was not sold in the USA and I'm having a difficult time identifying the engine model in order to convert to dual webers. You might ask why? Well I bought the car with Kehien FCR bike carbs, high performance but if I let the car sit for more than a few weeks they need to be rebuilt due to our gasoline/crud buildup and it is nearly impossible to start or idle. Can anyone identify the engine model or if you know of a weber side-draft manifold conversion please advise. I'm stuck in a country with Trump idiots everywhere!!! Help Me!!!

Much Thanks,
Rich
rich popek
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:38am
189bhp 2.0L would be a sr20ve engine.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 7:51am
The Tommy Kaira ZZ which used the Primera engine was just a tuned SR20DE running bike carbs.

The RT 190 could well be using the SR20VE engine but then again, 190 BHP or so from a tuned SR20 on carbs is perfectly realistic, so it could be either engine I guess.

What year is the RT 190?

Welcome to the forums too.

Take care,
Shaun

richpopek View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richpopek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:59pm
Thanks for your replies! Are there any stamps on the engine to verify engine type? What is the difference between a sr20ve and sr20de? Does anyone make a dual weber dcoe 40 intake manifold that would fit? The keihin bike carbs I'm using are difficult to use so I'm thinking to use webers. Can't find a in-tank lift pump replacement that was originally installed. Any advice always appreciated!
Thanks,
Rich
rich popek
trbobrk View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trbobrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:46am
Bunch of differences but the short version is the SR20VE has variable cams in it where as the SR20DE doesn't.

I believe the TommyKaira came with a UK sourced redtop SR20DE with bike carbs on it.

Do you have picture of what it looks like?  There are many variations based on year and model it went into.

The head should have a number cast into it to identify which version the head is.
 Post Reply Post Reply