Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera WP12 03 Key Fob reprogramming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niceone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera WP12 03 Key Fob reprogramming
    Posted: 29 May 2012 at 5:25pm
Hi all,

New owner (to be) and member.

I am getting a 2003 Primera DCi SVE estate with only one key this week.

I have been looking for an extra fob key so I can reprogram it using the following steps:
"

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received for 120 seconds.

"
I understand this then requires a reset to the original key also.

My questions are:

1 - Does this method work?

2 - Is there a specific transponder or remote part within the fob, or are all the electric components the same, i.e.- is it enough to get a fob with the electrics, cut it, then use the above steps to use it?

Thanks for your help!

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 6:39pm
Welcome to NPOC,

There are two parts to the key.
1. The remote fob. This unlocks the car and disables the alarm. The procedure above is for setting up another fob.

2. The blade and immobiliser chip. The blade will obviously need to be cut to shape. The immobiliser chip needs to be programmed to work with your car either by Nissan or some autolocksmiths.

madaboutandroid View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madaboutandroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:42pm
I have the same issue, my car only came with one key, so I have purchased two more off ebay at a cost of £15 for the two. I will need to get the keys re programed and new blades cut, but I noticed a plastic keyring with 4 numbers on it inside the owners handbook pack, will this be the code for the keys, if so will I need this to get the keys re programed? 

Then I assume it is the above procedure to pair the keys to the car to be able to lock / unlock it.

Cheers
Stephen 
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:46pm
Just checking my info and the code is an eight figure number, it is also printed on a card held in the handbook case
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 8:22pm
I think the 8 digit code is if your lose all the keys, Nissan can order you a working key from it.
The 4 digit code will either be for the radio/AV or the locking wheel nut key.

Did your two new keys come with chips?
No chip and they can't be programmed to the immobiliser.
You will still be able to unlock with the new keys once you follow the procedure but it won't start.

Niceone View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niceone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by imckay imckay wrote:

Welcome to NPOC,

There are two parts to the key.
1. The remote fob. This unlocks the car and disables the alarm. The procedure above is for setting up another fob.

2. The blade and immobiliser chip. The blade will obviously need to be cut to shape. The immobiliser chip needs to be programmed to work with your car either by Nissan or some autolocksmiths.

I was quoted £200 by a local Nissan dealer for a new fob.

Dead

So are you saying that the immobiliser chip cannot be programmed as I have described? If not, what is that set of instructions for if not the chip?

Is there no alternative to the locksmiths and coinage?

I appreciate the help
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:28pm
The set of instructions is for pairing the fob part of the key with the car.

Blade on the left, chip in the middle and fob on the right

SDoyle View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:00pm
I recently had a spare key cut for my P12. My understanding is that the 4 digit number in the handbook is a PIN number which Consult II needs to program the transponder within the key. I went to a branch of Timpsons (the shoe & key people) who assured me they could do it. I tried to have the key coded with them but after plugging in their diagnostic machine, it asked for a 4 digit PIN number (which I didn't have). I then went to a Nissan dealer to get it programmed. They asked about this 4 digit number. They must have a way round it as they managed to program both the fob and the transponder to suit my car. I bought all the bits I needed off a popular online auction site. You can buy uncut key blades with the plastic horseshoe bit but without a transponder chip in and have them cut to match yours in most independent key cutters. Timpsons wouldn't cut it as it wasn't one of  their own key blades. I might be wrong but I think there are 3 different colours of transponder chips. Red, blue & green. I don't know if they are interchangeable. Fortunatley the second hand key I bought had the same colour chip in as my original. Good luck!
Niceone View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niceone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:35pm
Thanks for the advise everyone.

madaboutandroid View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madaboutandroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 6:10pm
My keys are not the same as the one in the picture, mine are the newer two button keys, the plastic part is more square and the buttons have white lock/unlock padlocks on them. Can not see a chip in them, from what I have been told they do not have chips as such the circuit board is the part that is programed. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>