Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera WP12 Estate Boot Lock Sticking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbell1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera WP12 Estate Boot Lock Sticking
    Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:10pm
Hi all, Having issues with the boot lid lock on my primera, I need to press the button quite a few times before it will open, I even got a new lock for £5 and got the exact same symptoms...
Now i have narrowed it down to a voltage problem, Im guessing the ock has an inbuilt relay switch.
the black and green wire going to the lock is ground, Pink and Green/Black wires both have 12v constant but when i ground out the back/green wire the lock opens perfectly with no sticking,

Would anyone know what could cause this problem, I think i could fix it by rewiring stuff but would rather do it properly as it probably a simple fix which hopefully someone has come across before, 

campbell1987 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbell1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:15pm
Anyone any clues?? 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbell1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:59am
Noone??ol
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 1:01pm
I think you have probably answered your own question, and you have a circuit fault on the earth. If you have a multi meter there are two simple checks you can do which are shown in the ESM page BL-26. If you are struggling in that department try earthing the unit and see if it operates correctly. If that fails, always worth checking your bulbs and the simple earth fix which I think you have done already.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbell1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 11:41am
Sadly its not the earth mate, I had checked that before posting, I ran a wire from battery negative to the black wire going into the boot id locking mechanism and still its weak trying to open, takes like 5-7 clicks for it to open then another few to get it reset fully to opened position so the boot lid can close, Is it possible for the signal voltage to be low? The bootlid was off 2 years ago when the rear windscreen got smashed, I used the boot lid from the parts car until i got the original repaired so i will go over the wiring today but other than a visual inspection i'm not really sure what else to do, 

Which bulbs do you think i should check?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 12:29pm
All of them.
The tester needs to be carried out on the G/B as per manual
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbell1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 1:15pm
Am i blind or something, Ive looked through all of the "How To" Reference Section and cannot see any manuals, when i google fsm npoc i get THIS LINK stating its in the "How To" Reference Section but i can NOT see it anywhere, Can someone link it here please
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbell1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 1:17pm
Nevermind, Found it... ;-)
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbell1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 3:48pm
I see a lot of talking about the SECU in BL-26 section, It might be worth noting that i recently changed the ECU kit which included the SECU and it could very well have started at the same time, I had just assumed a bit of glass was jammed in it as the rear window was broken a year or so before hand,
 Post Reply Post Reply