Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2007 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 2007 - naughtynorm (P11)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: November 2007 - naughtynorm (P11)
    Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 9:51am

Congratulations go to Andy (NaughtyNorm) for winning Car of the Month November 2007.  His tremendous P11 SX is rather pleasing on the eye and carefully styled!

Well done Andy, how does it feel to win the CotM award?

Fantastic!! It's something I'm very proud of and honoured to have got, some lovely cars have won this before me and to be thought of with some of those is truly an honour.

Before we discuss the car, tell us a bit about yourself?

Well I'm 38, married to Debbie with 2 lads, Simon 16, who was with me at JAE, and Chris 13 who is more into football and girls. I work for the Calor centre in Stoke on Trent delivering gas bottles to companies and houses in the area, and some might not know this as I keep it quiet, I'm a big Port Vale fan, though at the moment we all keep quiet about supporting them.

Can you tell us how you came to find NPOC?

I was just searching the net and came across the site, stayed on as a non member for about 12 months, went to a few meets and finally got my hand in my pocket and joined up fully. Now I live on the place, much to Debbie's dislike at times, but of all the car clubs I'm in, I spend more time on here than any mostly for the fun we have on there.

What made you buy the car you have, is this your first Primera?  Have you modified before or is this your first venture?

This is my second, I owned a P10 2.0 LX before this one, a car that's still going well and I've offered to buy back if he sells it again.  Not really modded before and didn't mean to this time but you know what happens, you go to a meet, you see something and think 'hmmm, that's nice' and before you know it you're on ebay looking at parts.  I don't think I will be modding the engine though, for me it's about looks, and if it looks nice then I'm happy.

Not your first award of course as a current JAE award holder, how did that feel to take a trophy home from JAE?

The truth? I went outside with tears in my eyes, I rang Debbie up and I was nearly crying when I told her.  I remember sitting there and hearing Shaun mention my bad jokes and thought hold on that's me, I didn't believe it and at times still don't.  To have won something like that with so many other lovely cars there is just something I truly want to thank everyone for.  The trophy is right above me on my desk now, hopefully the first of many, but with competition so tough, who knows what might happen next year?

Let's hear the spec of the car, hit us with it!

Answer. Well it's a 2.0 SX finished in the lovely BT3 paint.

GT bumpers

GTLE wheels

GT seats and trim

GT Exhaust

GT Grills
Laguna Splitter

Blue alarm LED (thanks Les)

Small amount of ICE in her, JVC mp3 head with Kenwood speakers all around

You nickname the car the GT Wannabe.  Does the car really want to be a GT or is your mission to make it clear that a non GT can be more striking than a GT with some effort?

It started like so much with me as a joke, you will all of seen the 'when I grow up I wanna be a Rolls Royce' stickers, well I started to play with it.  I wanted a GT, and I just thought it's a Wannabe GT and so it stuck, now I just call her the Wannabe.

What does the future hold for Wannabe, any secret plans you'd like to exclusively reveal?

There are a couple of little things in the pot, but I'm keeping my nuts well and truly hidden.  All I will say is this, they will be not major changes, but ICE is on the cards to be sorted, but for the rest you will just have to wait till the shows start again, but I do have plans.

With an open cash pot, what would you most like to do with the car?

Hmmm, a tough one.  I'm not a big fan of engine mods as I'm not sure what I'm doing so I'd have to say I'm happy with her as she is.  I honestly can't think of anything I'd swap on her, maybe just tidy a few things up I know about that others don't notice but I do, things that annoy me when I clean her etc.

You're a popular and frequently seen member at meets which is awesome, can we hope to continue seeing you out and about?

Oh yes, I love the meets.  Seeing the cars and meeting the members, though after things like JAE I'm still not sure who I've been chatting with half the time lol.  That's why I wear a Vale top at meets so people know who I am, but with so many lovely cars out there, it's hard to make the wannabe stand out, so I'm a clean freak and always want it looking its best.  I may not have a powerful car, but if one person thinks 'nice colour' or 'that's nice' then I'm happy. My aim always has been to never let the club down by her not looking right at any show.

You're well known for your jokes and good humour on the forum, can you assure us you'll continue to supply us with top quality humour?

Well, seems I ain't the only wannabe in here! Even Shaun and G have started to post jokes, but I can't see anyone taking that crown off me, at some point I might start being funny too, though I can't see that happening any time soon.

Congratulations again for winning the coveted Car of the Month award, your SX is superb and a hugely worthy winner.  Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone who deserves it:

Well first off thanks to everyone who voted for me to win this (cheques in the post) and too all who voted at JAE, you honestly don't know what that meant to me. To my wife Debbie for putting up with the countless nights alone while I'm on here or ebay looking at parts etc.  And to all the members of NPOC, for making me feel wanted when I first joined, and feeling part of the NPOC family which this club is, you're all stars and this goes out to you all.  NEVER think your car is not good enough, just do your thing and do it your way and some day maybe you will be writing one of these.

Car of the Month November 2007 - NaughtyNorm - P11 SX

Written by Stevie-Boy

Post Reply Post Reply