Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2008 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 2008 - Sprint (P10)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: November 2008 - Sprint (P10)
    Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 7:51pm

Congratulations on winning November 2008 COTM Jimmy, you are joining a very distinguished and special club within the NPOC. How does it feel?

It feels amazing, to be honest I never expected it and I feel very privileged to have won it. It's like the icing on the cake I suppose, every time I look at the car it makes me proud and now I have got something to show for it.

For those of you, who haven't had the privilege of meeting yourself in person, tell us a bit about yourself Jimmy.

I'm an 18 year old student from Merseyside, studying building surveying at John Moores University. I also work in Halfords part time, but I work every hour I can get so it's as good as full time hours now. Great place to work when you love cars, and it pays for the Primera which is great.

We know your Primera ownership has a special history, can you tell us all the story?

To start with my dad had an eZX, must be about 10 years ago we bought that now and we had it for 5 years, was a great car until rust took hold, after a while of looking around they bought a P11 SE, maybe if that was a GT it would all be different but the luxury never appealed to me and my dad soon admitted he wouldn't mind another P10, so after 6 months of hunting my pride and joy turned up, and from that day on I always said it would be mine one day. In October last year after being driving less than a year I proved a lot of people wrong and at 17 had my first drive of the eGT I had wanted for 4 years, very memorable.

So onto the car itself; an absolutely stunning, classical eGT. Tell us all what you have done to your make yours such a show stopping eGT

To me the eGT was a great car to start with, fairly quick, decent handling and well proportioned. It also has that unassuming look to it, you wouldn't imagine it to be anything special but with the skirts and spoiler you're never sure. So instead of messing around with a body kit or a lairy spoiler I decided to have it resprayed and keep it all original.

I have never regretted it and I love how it looks now. I suppose I was lucky from the start though, I love this colour and it works perfectly with the rear lights and smoked repeaters to make it all very subtle. Initially I didn't like the wheels, but I love them now, and although I had near enough bought coilovers earlier this year I will be staying with the H&R springs now, I love how it sits and the ride quality and handling are exactly what I was after.

What brought yourself to the NPOC and why have you stayed?

I joined up a fair while ago now, long before I even had a license. I had an interest in Primeras before I signed up and after finding so many like minded people, it was inevitable I would stay.

So Jimmy, what is your favourite part of the car and why?

I suppose it would have to be the exhaust, the quality of it really did surprise me as I had always imagined "one off" systems to rattle etc and this doesn't. The noise is just what I wanted, fairly quiet but with a nice tone to it and a nice pop on gear changes when your going for it, which is very addictive.

You have kept your modifications very subtle and discreet. Was this on purpose or do you have a desire to go a bit crazier in the future?

In the future I think the car will be a bit more 'extreme' but to look at I don't think it will change much, if at all. I love the way it looks now, I may possibly get the P11-144 sport wheels I have got refurbished and use them in the summer, but I am considering getting these s13 wheels refurbished and using them as well, I love the way it looks on them. I have got a lot of plans for under the skin changes, but they will be kept quite until there done. Let's just say it will be a very well sorted car under the skin and hopefully will be quick and bullet proof.

Over the time you've been an NPOC member, what has been your highlight moment?

Without a doubt driving into the show and shine area at JAE 2008, made the show for me and I felt very very proud to be representing the club, in such a prestigious event.

And onto the coveted quick fire question round!

Blondes or Brunettes? - Blondes
Favourite Car show? -  JAE
Your dream car? - R32 GTR in grey
What is your recommended car polish? - Collinite
How long does it take you to get ready in a morning? - 2 minutes
What is your favourite NPOC car? - James Inglis eGT turbo

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know all about you and your car Jimmy. Congratulations once again for winning this fantastic award! Now is your last chance to get in any shameless plugs or thanks, you wish to give out to anyone that has helped you in your quest to this point!

I would like to say a huge thanks to NPOC as a whole, it's a great club and I wish I could spend more time online, everyone is very welcoming and I would be lost without it. Also a big thanks to the body shop that resprayed it (please contact me if you want there details) and also to Power Flow in Telford, for their great work on the exhaust.

November 2008 COTM - Sprint
Written by Lurch
 Post Reply Post Reply