Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P11 1999 primera slx and a newbie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 8:44pm
A good exhaust and filter a good start. Doing a GT cams exchange is another often done mod. I've had GT cams in my shed since 2008 and never fitted em.
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 8:52pm
You never stop changing bits . Dread to think since 2004 how much I've actually spent on mine . And that was just to make it look like a GT with a twist. My paint shop loves me with all the mods I've had painted
keithSRI View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithSRI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 9:29pm
We did the GT spec cam swap in my SRi and to be really honest.... it wasn't that much of an increase. If you're going down the cams route, for the time it takes, get some better ones.
Geordie View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member
Not in Estate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 7:09pm
Hi and welcome to NPOC.
Car of the Month April 2010 (Black GT)
Car of the Month August 2012 (Red Wagon)
"You are a one man, used car industry, improvement system!!" - Tom (12/12/16)
Current: 1991 P10 2 litre GS
Wooks88 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wooks88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 12:24am
Well I only paid £100 for my slx! So I intend on building on a budget lol! Not sure the route I want to take yet but hopefully it'll turn heads when I'm done hahah
keithSRI View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithSRI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 10:40am
You can still find coilovers if you look around.  Worth noting that the strut tops differ on the GT models differ as had strut bracing fitted so the top mounts have more studs - you'll need the non-GT coilovers for a direct fit.

In terms of lowering springs, the Apex ones seemed to get good reviews by other users here. I have some Tein ones ready to fit but they seem hard to locate new nowadays.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12