Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - P12 Primera 2002 - Unable to find EML code meaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P12 Primera 2002 - Unable to find EML code meaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 7:43pm
If you have no other symptom from the car indicating you have a running problem I suggest continue right through with the procedure to clear the code and see if it returns
Bradders33 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradders33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 7:44pm
Take two video...

https://youtu.be/ikcRNfayLYo
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradders33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 7:45pm
Thank you. It's cleared for now. Just a worry when the error comes up saying not to drive at high speeds and there being a risk of breakdown.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 8:43pm
Now that you have cleared the code it may be worth running the test again.
With no fault codes in memory it should be 0000 ie 10 flashes + 10 +10 +10 . It will give peace of mind that the system is working.
If in doubt give it a clout!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 8:54pm
If there is a genuine fault the light will come back on after it detects the fault a couple of times.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradders33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

If there is a genuine fault the light will come back on after it detects the fault a couple of times.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradders33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 9:35pm
Thank you. I have. It's still as per the video.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 9:43pm
And you have followed these instructions and have a p!2
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 9:34am
Think you may be holding the pedal down too long ?
Take your foot off as soon as the MIL goes out I don't hear that happening in the video.
If you hold it down too long it goes into the idle relearn mode.
If in doubt give it a clout!
ellisjd View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellisjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:35pm
Yesterday my P12 stalled whilst waiting in a queue. It took a few goes to restart and afterwards it showed on screen a malfunction may have occurred and to go to a Nissan dealer. I have now removed this screen message by completing the reset function and at the same time the code was noted which is 0335. This code appears to be a crankshaft sensor. Should I continue to drive now that the message has gone or should I take it to a Nissan dealer for them to investigate. Or should I see it it reoccurs and then take it. I'm worried that it might happen at a more awkward time such as when I am on a long journey. What is the worst scenario?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>