Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Primera P12 1.8SE 4dr 2002/52

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jh105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Primera P12 1.8SE 4dr 2002/52
    Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 9:02pm
Just about to conclude the purchase of this car. Test Drive OK but know I will find some faults during the ownership but I really like the look of the car. Went to see the launch in 2002 and glad I didn't part with 16k then and have bought this now. Need to know what to look for and any developing faults - any modifications I can make and tips to just make the car a little special but without going to great cost. It is metallic silver.
This car has a full service history and only 49000 miles - just serviced and being purchased from main dealer.
Nissan Enthusiast
ernehale View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ernehale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 8:44am
Hello and welcome to the club. Handshake 
With its has full service history and low mileage you shouldn't have many problems to concern yourself with. Check with the local main dealer that the car has had all its recall work done, this is work found necessary by Nissan after the cars have been on the road for a while. Normally buyers take their car straight in on a recall but not all do. I see you're buying it from a main dealer but ask all the same.

Earth faults can be a source of irritation to some but not all P12's and especially their owners but the club has experience of most if not all of the usual suspect earth problems.

The Nissan Anti-Theft system (NATS) is a good system but also has a few recorded faults, again many are known to the club and not a great issue unless it happens to you.

Timing chain stretch although recorded is rarely a problem if service history is good.

The front electric windows especially the drivers can and do fail.

The best mod l've done on my P12 is getting rid of the metal rod that supports the bonnet and fitted BMW bonnet gas lifts from the scrappy, l've also fitted headlight protectors. Mines the SVE so all the toys are there to start with. 
jh105 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jh105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:08pm
Thanks for your reply. Picked up the car yesterday from Evans Halshaw. Today had to take back as brake caliper sticking and front OS suspension lower link had loads of freeplay but they took the car back and within 4 hours had fitted new suspension parts and freed the caliper, checked the car did not pull by adjusting the wheel alignment and tuned the engine - at no cost. Also have 3 months warranty. Overall got off to a disappointing start but having owned an L reg Primera 1.6LX 4dr and an P reg 2.0 litre SX 5dr  this car is better BUT fuel efficiency is low at the moment but note from computer that being light footed helps a great dealLOL
Thanks for the tips - and would be interested in local meets for Primera Owners if you know any details.
Cheers.
Nissan Enthusiast
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 4:13pm
Hi and welcome to the clubHandshake
The P12 is a big motor and is not known for its fuel consumption. The trim and drive however is great...enjoyThumbs Up
bigsydney View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
BEAR 7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 7:08pm
other than the fuel and earth problems,i love my p12.
on ps3 as npoc.
 Post Reply Post Reply