Print Page | Close Window

July 2009 - Dagger (P10)

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: 2009 Archive
Forum Discription: Winners from 2009
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29805
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:13pm

Topic: July 2009 - Dagger (P10)
Posted By: NPOC_COTM
Subject: July 2009 - Dagger (P10)
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2009 at 6:06am

Congratulations on winning July 2009 COTM Darren! You and your sexy P10 SRi have now been tagged in the famous filing cabinet, held forever amen, in the NPOC archives. How did you feel when you got the invite and how do you feel now?

WOW Shaun, to tell you the truth, at first I thought you were taking the mickey.  I didn’t believe my Primera could ever be good enough for such a fantastic award. Now I’ve gotten used to the idea, I’m still…WOW, shaking with excitement.

Before we get to discussing the Primera, let’s find out all about you the owner. So tell us about yourself and what you get up to in the real world (you know that little place outside of here!).

Outside world... Is there one?

Well I’m 36, originally from Crewe and now live in Sheffield with my lovely wife Lisa, and 2 kids, Josh and Isabel. I work for Royal Mail as a Delivery Office Manager, it can be stressful sometimes, but it pays for the mods on the Primera, oh and the mortgage LOL.

How did you find the NPOC forums, what keeps you coming back each day and would you recommend the club to others? Is it worth the membership fee?

When I first got the SRi, I stumbled upon NPOC whilst browsing through a few options on Google and with the amount of knowledge on here, I decided I’d join up as a member and haven’t regretted a moment of it. I have actually recommended NPOC to a few of my mates at work and one of them has joined. Membership fee… Do I pay??? LOL.

Small pennies mate compared to the amount of times NPOC has helped me out.. Priceless!

Is this your 1st Primera, if not, how many have you had? What’s the reason you haven’t sold up and moved on to another model of car or manufacturer?

This is my one and only Primera.

To tell you the truth I have thought about changing the SRi but every time I give the old girl a good waxing, I just don’t have the heart to upgrade. It just looks so good and if I have a bad day at work, a quick blast round the bends and I’m as happy as Larry.

I really like my car, I’ve had her over 8 years now and I’m sure I’ll have a few more yet.

Your gorgeous Ten is pretty much what I’d refer to as a background car (don’t pull the trigger yet LOL!), you’re not one for whoring pictures of it every day on here and most of our members probably didn’t know much about it.. But see it in the flesh (I’ve had the pleasure) and it is simply superb, modified discreetly and quite simply a Primera I could look at all day! – How comes you keep fairly quiet about this?

I prefer to post photos up every now and again. If pics are displayed all the time, then it’s not as easy to see the changes.

You’ve become well known on the NPOC meet circuit now, please tell all the members on here, who haven’t got out to a club meet as yet, why they should and what they’re missing out on!

Everyone should attend at least 1 meet with us, it’s an experience in itself.

This Club isn’t just about being online and giving out answers. It’s like a great big family, the members on here are so friendly and helpful. I always have a laugh whether I go to a small meet or a major one and you get to see all the fantastic Primera’s up close and personal.

Have you always been into modified cars, or were you inspired by the P10 and NPOC?

I’ve always been into tinkering with cars.  Every car I’ve owned has had something done to it but with the SRi I put some serious thought into the changes, instead of the usual drive through Halfords LOL. NPOC has given me loads of ideas I just wouldn’t have thought of. I’ve spent ages looking at all the other cars on here and at meets and think ‘would that look good on mine?’, then I’ve gone away and tried it.

Talking about modifications, now would be a great time tell us all about the goodies in the SRi, so please give us your full spec list inside and out:

Engine Bay:

Sparco Strut Brace

K&N Panel Filter

Blue Cable covers

SS Battery Cover

Voltage Stabilizer

Blue Oil Cap

Upgraded Radiator Cap

Exterior:

Front Side Splitters

Modified Front Grill

De-badged (apart from SRI)

Various Stickers – Including the obvious

TSW 16in Alloys with EBC GreenStuff Pads

Clear Side Repeaters

Painted Calipers – Blue

Wind Deflectors

Bee-Sting Aerial

Xenon Headlight Bulbs

Upgraded Flat Wiper Blades

Nissan Headlight Covers

Tinted Rear Windows

Jap Dragon

Blue Tow Eye

Interior:

EVO Style Gear Knob

Steering Wheel Cover

Blue Foot Mats

Homemade NPOC Tax Disc

Fire Extinguisher (you never know!)

Chrome Kick Plates

Leather Seats – (eGT)

Blue LED Strip Lights – drivers / passenger footwells

Blue Shift Light

Centre Console Cover – (eGT)

Temp & Voltage Gauges

Mobile Phone Holder

You don’t realise how many things have been added until you list them LOL!

What's been your best or most enjoyable modification to date and do you do the work yourself, or do you have a mechanically minded mate or a good local garage?

Where do I start? I guess the best mod has to be the leather seats I got out of an eGT,  they are so comfortable and look just right.

The most enjoyable has to be without a doubt… The shift light!

I do most of the mods myself, as I enjoy working on the SRi but for the big jobs (like the exhaust etc), I take a trip down to South Wales to visit my brother, as he is a whizz with cars and knows his stuff.

Any failed mods you can tell us about? We’ve all put stuff on our cars over the years and taken a step back and gasped, or have all your mods been carefully chosen and just worked out nicely?

The only real failure I’ve had is when I put the sun strip on, it was just too big. At first it seemed OK but I soon started to dislike it, so off it came. If you don’t try things, you’ll never know if it will work.

Is the car finished as a project (are they ever!?!?), if not, what plans have you got left for the Primera?

I still have a few more plans up my sleeve. The dial surrounds are on the way from the group buy (thanks Chris). I have a set of lowering springs to fit, which will make the Primera sit just right and a couple of other squirrels…(wait and see!)

You have the GA16DE engine in your P10 SRi, many people take the easy power option and go for the SR20DE – Or specifically for the P10 Army, the eGT. So what’s your story here?

I really like the eGT but unfortunately I think it's just too much power for a family car, the SRi is just right for me (at the moment) and anyways a 1.6 is fast enough for an old timer like myself! I still get propositioned for a race every now and again, by the local boy racers, which is fun.

Time for the quick fire question round!

Seals or SAS? – SAS any day, Seals are pussies.

Quarter Mile or Drifting? – Drifting.

South or North of London? – North, it’s way too expensive down South LOL.

Nordic or Mystic? -   Mystic for me, Nordics are for girls.

Diet Coke or Full Fat Flava? – Are you taking a pop at my weight LOL?.. Prefer the full flava stuff but only allowed diet rubbish in our house.

Tell us your favourite NPOC car? – Like a lot have mentioned already, it has to be Mark “supertourer”s P11 GT - Gorgeous looking Primera! I remember the first time he came round, I was stunned at how lovely it looks.

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know all about you and your Nissan Primera Darren, you and the car are very worthy winners! Congratulations once again for winning Car Of The Month for July 2009! Please sign out of this one, with your thanks and love for anyone who's helped you on the journey.

I’d like to thank everyone on NPOC for their kind words and friendship since I joined many moons ago.

Thanks to the Club Owners & Staff Team for nominating me for this award, you don’t know how much this means to me.

Thanks to my little Bro, for all the help he has given me so far and in the future, making sure the SRi stays on the road.

And finally I’d like to say thank you to my wife Lisa, for all the times she has taken the mickey, over the amount of time I spend cleaning the Primera… See sweetheart it’s paid off… I WON… LOL!

Congratulations once again to Darren!

July 2009 COTM - Dagger

Written by essNchill

Print Page | Close Window