Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P11 144 stereo fascia adapter plate

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29817
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 11:24pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P11 144 stereo fascia adapter plate
Posted By: krazylegz
Subject: Nissan Primera P11 144 stereo fascia adapter plate
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 2:33pm
I'm sick of the cd changer jumping everytime my car hits a little bump so have decided i'm going to put my Alpine MP3 cd player into it (took it out of my mondeo), does anyone know where i can get a fascia adapter and hazard switch from??

i've tried halfords but theres is blasck, and as my dashboard is silvery colour i think the black would look daft lol.

Replies:
Posted By: chrisrobot
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 4:57pm
You could always spray the black one... Try ebay, or join here sometimes they turn up in the trading section. I got mine for a bargin from a off of here.

Chris

-------------

Posted By: Stevie J
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 6:13pm
You can get them from the Nissan dealers, but they are now extremely expensive, and you will also need the interconnecting loom as well.
I paid a low price to get one in the trading section on NPOC back in in May.

this is what it looks like when installed:

-------------

Posted By: bandit_senior
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 6:45pm
I purchased mine of ebay have a search there, the full kit that requires everything you need!

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 4:19pm
just got my brother to get me some prices as he works at a nissan dealership and gets good discount.

fascia is nice and cheap for £8.22

wiring loom is cheap too at £5.31

but fook me the hazard switch is £40.13Shift+R%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20this%20image.%20Shift+A%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20all%20images%20on%20this%20page.

also i need a new gear knob as mine is falling apart and thats £33.70....where the hell do they get these prices from lol

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 4:25pm
just been reading up on fleabay and one of the sellers says a hazard swith from a P11 fits and works ok, can anyone confirm this?

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 4:32pm
I did warn you that they werent cheap! As far as I know the hazard switch from the P11 should fit - if you can find one in a scrappies get it and see.
We dont call them the stealers for nothing you know LOL

-------------

Posted By: CombineTom
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 4:40pm
It does look the same as mine in my GT!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 5:51pm
lol stevie

i'm gunna try and get to the scrappys this week and see if i can find one.

cheers lads:)

Posted By: andy88
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 11:07pm
ive got this same problem with the hazrad switch, i went to scrappy and got one out of a p11, which fits perfect only problem is the connector on the back is different, the p11 has one more wire than the 144.

Posted By: stonegrey
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 11:16pm
the extra wires are for the steering mounted audio controls found on the phase 2 144's 2001 onwards.

somewhere on here, i did a pictogram showing which cable does what, if you were to go down the route of chopping the loom, you would need two cables for the switch, and may one or to to illuminate it.

i'll see if i can dig out the diagram, but, any harness chopping, is done at your own risk. i.e. neither i nor NPOC will accept reposibility for any damage done to your car by chopping the plug.

-------------
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23657" rel="nofollow - Read my Car of The Month Feature

Posted By: stonegrey
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 11:23pm

Pis 1 and 2 are for the hazard switch on a 144.
5, 6 & 7 are for the remote, and pins 3 & 4 are not connected.

-------------
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23657" rel="nofollow - Read my Car of The Month Feature

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 11:37pm
nice one, will give it ago, not afraid of a bit of wiring, ill get the multimeter out just to be sure.

right so there only 2 wire for the hazard siwtch itself, do you know what all the other the other wires are for on the p11 switch do or are they not needed

thanks for the help

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:17am
so did it not work at all andy??

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 9:55pm
yeah it can be made to work, got mine working now with a p11 one.

only problem now is, i dont know whether the switch should light up or not and if it would pass a  mot without it lighting up?

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 9:59pm
It doesnt need to light up, as long as the 2 arrows on the instrument panel flash when your hazards are on, thats all that matters.

I had this on an old mondeo of mine, I broke the old hazard switch on the top of the steering column which used to flash red when switched on and the replacement from Ford was not able to light up, had no bulb in either. Passed the MOT fine.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:18pm
cheers for the info stevie j

well it works and both arrows flash.

heres a couple of pics of the p11 switch fitted, ive wired it up so that ive still got both connectors for either switch, incase i need to use the old radio.

thanks for the help everyone

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:32pm
Very good - top marks!

Hope Krazylegz can get the same result!

-------------

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 1:32am
Excellent result Andy and thanks for sharing.. Are you OK if I lift your photos to use in a "How To" thread for this section?:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=20 - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=20

So that other 144 owners don't get ass raped for the hazard switch from Nissan.

Many thanks,
Shaun

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 2:49am
thanks for the pics andy:) looks good mate :)

i've ordered the fascia and loom but wont get them till the 14th aug as i work away from home....will update this when done :)

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 9:03am
Originally posted by essNchill essNchill wrote:

Excellent result Andy and thanks for sharing.. Are you OK if I lift your photos to use in a "How To" thread for this section?:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=20 - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=20

So that other 144 owners don't get ass raped for the hazard switch from Nissan.

Many thanks,
Shaun

yeah no probs , glad i could help.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 8:37pm
well switch is working like a charm absolutly no probems.

in case anyones wondering which wires on the p11 switch, its the two next to each other both green with black stripe. got a better pic to show.

and another to show the difference between the plugs

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 10:24pm
Thanks Andy.. I'll add them to the "How To" as wellThumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 3:00am
Here is the "How To"... All done and dusted:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30013 - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30013

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 3:59pm
thought i'd update this as i eventually got mine done....had to buy a new cd player as my old one was overheating, so i opted for a new sony MP3 with bluetooth so it doubles as handsfree, which is suprisingly clear.

anyways my reason for this update is to let people know you dont need to tap into the wires to get P11 hazard switch, the brown wiring plug on the P11-144 fits directly into the P11 hazard switch and it lights up when done this way...see attatched pic.

can a mod please edit the howto thread as its pointless advising people to do things which isnt recessary and quite frankly makes it worse do that way.

i took this pic in dark so you can see it light up, hence the dark shot lol

http://img259.imageshack.us/i/p240809055001.jpg/">

and in daylight

http://img31.imageshack.us/i/p2408091550.jpg/">

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 4:05pm
mmmh, strange when i tryed to plug the p11 switch in i couldnt get it to go in.

is it a tight fit for something and i find it strange how the p11 has one extra wire than the 144

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 4:08pm
mine plugged straight in andy mate and as you can see it lights up when headlights are on too

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 4:09pm
mmh think ill go and take the switch out and have another go

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 4:12pm
let us know how you get on andy mateShift+R%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20this%20image.%20Shift+A%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20all%20images%20on%20this%20page.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 10:52pm

Lee & Andy.. Just to do some fact finding, what year are your 144's?

Ta,
Shaun

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 11:01pm

Ta,
Shaun

Shaun, you'll find that Krazylegz has a 1999 V reg 144, and Andy has a 2001 Y reg 144.
The 2 are probably different due to the later model having the loom for the steering wheel controls, whereas the earlier model does not have this extra wiring. So the mods that Krazylegz says are un-necessary may not be needed on his early 144, but probably are necessary on post 2000 cars which had the steering wheel audio controls fitted.

-------------

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 11:06pm
Good thinking Stevie.
The part Nos from the Nissan radios might help since the hazard loom plugs into it.

Posted By: pdg29
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 11:33pm
shit - I hope mine will be OK then because i've just ordered the switch per se.    mine is a 99 V-Reg also but it's the SE version and has what looks like a volume knob on the right hand stalk - although are the 2001 steering wheels different again?

to be honest i'm not fussed about getting those controls working, as long as i can plug and play - really hope so now the parts are ordered!

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 11:34pm
Just looked at my old stereo (1999 V reg) and the terminals are as in Stonegrey's diagram earlier in this thread. The hazard terminals are the bottom, outer 2 pins. My stereo has the pins for the steering wheel controls, although they are not fitted to the car.
Later model radios seem to have the same Nissan code as the earlier ones.
The difference must lie in the hazard switches themselves, as the one that andy shows us has the terminals for the actual switch part in different locations on the plug, not the bottom outer terminals. When I bought my hazard switch from another member on NPOC, it plugged straight into my brown plug - ie the switch was operated by the bottom outer terminals on the plug.
Perhaps there was a difference in the hazard switches found in the P11 models from the scrappies, may earlier ones had a different pin configuration to later p11 switches, ie, P reg cars had different wiring to the later, say, S or T reg cars?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by pdg29 pdg29 wrote:

shit - I hope mine will be OK then because i've just ordered the switch per se.    mine is a 99 V-Reg also but it's the SE version and has what looks like a volume knob on the right hand stalk - although are the 2001 steering wheels different again?

to be honest i'm not fussed about getting those controls working, as long as i can plug and play - really hope so now the parts are ordered!

The adjustable part of your right hand stalk is the variable intermittent wiper control. It has nothing to do with audio. If your car is 1999 it will not have remote control for the stereo.
I think the difference comes in the hazard switch itself, as mentioned earlier. If you are salvaging a switch from an older P11, then it could be different depending on the age of the P11.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Stevie J Stevie J wrote:

Just looked at my old stereo (1999 V reg) and the terminals are as in Stonegrey's diagram earlier in this thread. The hazard terminals are the bottom, outer 2 pins. My stereo has the pins for the steering wheel controls, although they are not fitted to the car.
Later model radios seem to have the same Nissan code as the earlier ones.
The difference must lie in the hazard switches themselves, as the one that andy shows us has the terminals for the actual switch part in different locations on the plug, not the bottom outer terminals. When I bought my hazard switch from another member on NPOC, it plugged straight into my brown plug - ie the switch was operated by the bottom outer terminals on the plug.
Perhaps there was a difference in the hazard switches found in the P11 models from the scrappies, may earlier ones had a different pin configuration to later p11 switches, ie, P reg cars had different wiring to the later, say, S or T reg cars?

mines the same as yours m8...has the wiring at back of the cassette for the steering wheel controls but they're not actually fitted on the car

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 12:00am
So the facility was always there on the OE stereo right from July 1999 for having steering wheel controls - its just that Nissan carried the same steering wheel design over from the Previous P11 and late P10 models, without modifying it for steering wheel remote controls for the stereo. Cheapskates Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Stevie J Stevie J wrote:

Ta,
Shaun

Shaun, you'll find that Krazylegz has a 1999 V reg 144, and Andy has a 2001 Y reg 144.
The 2 are probably different due to the later model having the loom for the steering wheel controls, whereas the earlier model does not have this extra wiring. So the mods that Krazylegz says are un-necessary may not be needed on his early 144, but probably are necessary on post 2000 cars which had the steering wheel audio controls fitted.

That's why I asked the QThumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 2:14am
right ive just finished work and taken the switch out to try it on the 144 plug and there's no way i can get it to fit, so nissan might have changed the wiring in different years.

the p11 i got my switch from was, i think, a r reg,  dark green,  si.
anyway few extra pics and does the back of you switch look the same as this one

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 4:05pm
the switch is exactly the same as mine andy but your P11-144 plug is different, so looks like they must have changed the wiring after a certain year

http://img175.imageshack.us/i/abcd0002d.jpg/">

http://img197.imageshack.us/i/abcd0001lho.jpg/">

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:24pm
Andy88,

I see you have a 1.8 Activ. I don't think that this model came with many options fitted.

Does your original Nissan radio have the CD changer option? It should say so on the cassette flap.

There are also different wiring looms for cars of different ages and options fitted.
http://nissan4u.com/parts/primera/er_p11e/2001_5/type_20/body_electrical/wiring/illustration_2/ - http://nissan4u.com/parts/primera/er_p11e/2001_5/type_20/body_electrical/wiring/illustration_2/

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 1:19am
no mate, it didnt have the cd changer option, main reason i took the original headunit out.

i cant live without a cd player in the car

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by andy88 andy88 wrote:

no mate, it didnt have the cd changer option, main reason i took the original headunit out.

i cant live without a cd player in the car

you wouldnt have pulled it out even if you had one andy mate, mine has one and its terrible for trying to play copy cds, so rather than buying original cds i bought a new head unit lol....next step is a bass box though

Print Page | Close Window