Print Page | Close Window

January 2004 - Dsyde (P12)

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: 2004 Archive
Forum Discription: Winners from 2004
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3022
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:16pm

Topic: January 2004 - Dsyde (P12)
Posted By: NPOC_COTM
Subject: January 2004 - Dsyde (P12)
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2007 at 7:09pm

If your car is chosen as the NPOC Car of the Month you will receive absolutely no prize whatsoever (!) but you will earn the respect of the 1000's of people who visit this site everyday!

The first 2004 NPOC Car of the Month belongs to Julian (dsyde).

Julian is 34 and lives in Wakefield. So Julian! CONGRATULATIONS on being January 2004 NPOC Car of the Month!

Hi Julian. Maybe you could start by telling us a bit about yourself?

"Yeh sure! My name is Julian Kershaw (dsyde). I am 34 , single, living in Wakefield , West Yorkshire and own a Primera P12 2.2dci SVE 5 door hatchback in Silver. I also live with my dog 'Spooky' who comes out with me for drives to local country parks. Spooky particularly likes Nissan back seats!!"

Excellent! Maybe we could start with finding out what you do in real life?

"Well, I'm self employed and am a partner in business with my brother employing around 10 other people. The company installs & maintains tanks, pipework and pumps on Petrol stations. I got my break in this trade from my father as did my brother and we both took over from him when he retired in April 2002. Prior to taking over, I had been out on the road as an engineer for about 14 years. We work on a national scale so I can pretty much guarantee that most people in this club will have filled up at a filling station I either helped build or maintain."

So it's your fault when the pumps aren't working then! Only kidding!!

"Ha ha. You get to see some really funny things happening on filling stations, people smoking at the pumps is an obvious one (and dangerous), but other things make me chuckle like old dears that can't really drive."

I can imagine. So do you have any other interest in your life?

"My other main passion is videogames, I have a collection of coin-op machines in my garage, and currently have around 30-ish machines altogether. Some of them are driving games like Chase HQ. Check out http://www.electrocoin.uk.com/ - http://www.electrocoin.uk.com/

So maybe you could tell us how you came to own your P12?

"Well, I've had Nissans pretty much ever since I passed my test in '87 with exception of a couple of cars. My first car was a Datsun Sunny on the old V Reg and was Beige! Hehe. I had an E Reg Sunny and then an E reg Sunny ZX Coupe, a Silvia Turbo and then onto the Primeras (three in total) starting with a P11 P reg 2.0SE which was a very cool car. I had paid the extra for the wood effect dash trim. The 144 Sport on W plate and now the P12. I always wanted a P10 EGT when I owned the Silvia but could never afford it. Ive just always had a thing for Nissan, and having driven other makes and models as comparison, I gotta say Nissan seems to win hands down everytime."

"The other 2 cars I have owned were a Ford Granada, (my mistake) and a Suzuki Swift GTI which was a proper little pocket rocket but very light at the front, you could spin the wheels very easily and have very little grip."

So obviously there are going to be some peeps on the site not sure about the P12 being the newest model. (ok so me Hee Hee) Tell us a bit about her?

"It's actually quite punchy and very quiet for a diesel and I musn't complain when it comes to filling it up as there is a Diesel pump at work. The SatNav is really cool, I've nicknamed the lady's voice Natalie or 'NatNav' for short. The rearview camera is a nicetouch but I like the screen most of all for Climate and Audio control."

"The dials in the centre take some getting used to as when you first start to drive one you constantly try to look through the steering wheel for the speed!"

"One thing I have noticed".. no cup holders!. Overall it's a great car, and completely different to the P144, not necessarily better, that's a matter of opinion, but Nat sure is a pleasure to drive. Oh and it comes with 17" alloys as standard which impressed me."

So appreciating how new the car is.....any mods yet? Hee Hee

"None as yet (!) except carpet mats from the Nissan Dealer at a total cost of "23.50, it is still a really new car and there won't be many mods available right now, but i'm looking forward to them. The one thing I really want to get sorted out first is the ability to use the DVD drive to play films for passengers. Maybe somebody will sort this mod out sooner rather than later. I will most likely be approaching an auto-electrician to make enquiry's."

So what does the future hold for you car wise?

"My ultimate goal one day in the future is to have myself a Skyline that I can insure for Summer and keep off-road during the winter. Of course I also need indoor storage to pull this off and hopefully that should be sorted out within a year or two."

Well great talking to you mate. Congrats on being the first of 2004, the first P12 AND the first Diesel!

"I just want to say what an honour for me it is to be COTM, I feel privaledged and I'm not just sucking up! Up until recently I thought owners clubs were just for cars like BMW or Ford RS, im sure you guys know what I mean, you see their special interest magazines on the shelves in newsagents too, I've never seen a Nissan Mag. I found the club by accident while searching the net for Primera related merchandise and just had to join-up straight away. I think it's a great place and Im really looking forward to making some meets in the future and meeting some of you guys. To those that run and moderate NPOC, please keep up the great work you're doing. "

Well nice of you to say so Julian. Now how can we convince people I didn't put you up to that comment Hee Hee.

Well dudes enjoy the pics, and see you next month with the next COTM winner.

Print Page | Close Window