Print Page | Close Window

February 2004 - MysticMike (P10)

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: 2004 Archive
Forum Discription: Winners from 2004
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3023
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:02pm

Topic: February 2004 - MysticMike (P10)
Posted By: NPOC_COTM
Subject: February 2004 - MysticMike (P10)
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2007 at 7:28pm

If your car is chosen as the NPOC Car of the Month you will receive absolutely no prize whatsoever (!) but you will earn the respect of the 1000's of people who visit this site everyday!

The February 2004 NPOC Car of the Month belongs to Mike (MikeP10). Mike is 31 and lives in Gosport, Hants.  So Mike!

CONGRATULATIONS on being February 2004 NPOC Car of the Month!

Hi Mike! We'll start off with a little "How'd ya do first mate"

"Yeh Hi all!. My name is Michael Healy I am 31 and have been married to sharon for 3 years. I have two kids, Lauren 4 and John 12, we live in Gosport, Hampshire. My car is the P10 2.0 16v eGT saloon in silver ..."

Ok. So what about work and a self description?

"Well I work in an aircraft repair yard painting helicopters. I've been there nearly 8 years now and love it; work with a great bunch of lads and it's always fun to see the look on people's faces when you tell them what you do for a living! I'm often classed as a joker always playing pranks on people and doing silly little things, but generally a nice bloke who will do anything to help any one if i can."

Mike some of us are seen as not having any other interests in life! What about yourself?

"Ohhhhhh i have loads of other interests when I get time away from the kids! I like making music on the pc or just playing on the keyboard, was a DJ for a few years with a good friend of mine working in a local pub which was fun. In fact I still regret selling my decks but you can never forget the feeling you get when you pull off a good mix/session and the crowd cheer and want more; also like films, good action films and football .. and obviously cars!"

Well how did you come to own the Nicest eGT in the club? (next to mine of course, and that statement is purely my own feelings Hee Hee)

"Well I was sat indoors one day and the mother in law came around and asked if i could take something back to gosport for her. Well didn't see how I could because I didn't have my car. Use mine she offers. It was a 1.6 slx p10 hatch ....urhhh ok i said. Now, owning my cavalier 2.0 sri I thought it was great, but got in the Primera, and although not fast, it was lovely. Everything electric and still had a little bit of poke. Gear change was smooth and general drivability was great! I just knew I had to have one.

So I spoke to my best friend of 20 years Wayne West, an ex-mechanic at Nissan, and said to him about the prim. "You get one mate and you want the eGT". Money being tight I searched for a month and eventually found a lovely one in Birmingham so took the long drive up there and back. This was all in between going to Northampton to pick my mates new car up on the same day! It was a long day but so pleased I got one I absolutely love it."

And what other cars have you owned over the years?

"Well I started with a few cars before I passed my test! Mini Clubman estate 850 with a full fiberglass front, Cavalier Mk1...(bloody heap), Ford 2.0s Capri (beige) yuk! My first cars driven legally! Mk2 Fiesta 1.1 big sound system (beige) bloody colour lol. Mk4 XR3i cabriolet in bright yellow,with RS bumper and bonnet, lowered on cut springs. Vauxhall 2.0 sri 8v Cavalier with a few mods, wheels etc, in metallic grey and now my lovely eGT Primera in silver."

So you have modded cars for a while then. What have you done on your eGT Mike?

"Well since I've had the car I have done more to this one than any other car I've owned! My list consists of:

Nissan ghosted number plates
Chrome number plate surrounds
Alloy tax disc holder
Type VR gear knob (bargain at a mini show)
Totally de-badged and later style GT badge on boot
ABS stickers on wings removed
Front grill modded and meshed twice
Front bumper cut out ready for re spray and mesh
Laguna front splitter
Clear side indicators
Phillips night vision blue bulbs
Dash lights replaced for quad blue leds
Blue lights lighting up foot wells
Blue interior light bulb
Stainless 4 inch outwardly rolled cat back exhaust from Stealth Exhaust in Southampton
Chrome and mesh Blitz style air filter with induction pipe (thanks to Shaun essNchill for this nice bit of kit)
Rear fog lights replaced for blue and red flashing leds
Graphics on skirts
Team Dynamic Cosmos alloy wheels
Pioneer head unit
JBL front door speakers
Infiniti rear speakers
Sub and Amp,
And latest is my Nissan electro luminescent logo on a chrome plate I made on rear shelf. It illuminates with ignition
Soon ... 17 inch wheels and lowered.

How did you find the NPOC Mike?

"Well I found it by accident whilst looking for Primera mods and pics. I didn't like forums and looked and thought "nah" but joined any way! Then I just kept coming back. I must say a great bunch of lads and ladies, very help full in all ways. I've been a member now since May 2003 and been to a few meets. The first person I ever met was Shaun (essNchill) who is virtually my neighbour "how strange", then Chris (nismoWRX) at Bracknell, who although he didn't know me walked straight over and shook my hand whilst introducing himself. Very welcoming!"

Well thanks for the natter Mike. And your last few words bud...........

"Well although I have had my share of funny nights (!) I got to say thanks to you Dan for making me Car of the Month. I never thought I could do it! You've seen enough pics of my motor .. lol

Shaun (essNchill) for the wheels and being an all round great help full bloke! (I guess in an Un-Gay way..ed) Ade (Shade) cause he done me a great favour with the compensator, cheers mate. My best mate Wayne for servicing and keeping my car up and running. And then my wife for putting up with my constant love for my car and doing mods in the kitchen lol!"

Car of the Month February 2004 - MysticMike - P10eGT

Print Page | Close Window