Print Page | Close Window

September 2006 - Nick GT (P11)

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: 2006 Archive
Forum Discription: Winners from 2006
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3115
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:53pm

Topic: September 2006 - Nick GT (P11)
Posted By: NPOC_COTM
Subject: September 2006 - Nick GT (P11)
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2007 at 2:34am

Congratulations go to Nick GT for winning Car of the Month for September 2006.

His fantastic GTSE is a sweet reminder of why the mystic is such a sought after car.

Well done Nick, how does it feel to win CotM?

I am chuffed to bits, I cant believe it, I have always been told by my dad ever since I could drive that if you look after your car itll look after you, and I believe that.

Before we discuss the car, can you tell us about yourself?

Im 37, married to Anita, have 2 boys Russell & Daniel and I live in Milton Keynes. I work for Scania (GB) where I centrally look after the Esso & Shell Petrol Tankers, making sure they are maintained and road legal, giving authority to the workshops for work being carried out on them.

Just over 3 years ago Anita and I both were the proud owners of P11 GTs she had a 4dr and I had a 5dr both in red, one day she came out of work and her car had a NPOC flyer under the windscreen wiper, and here we are today 3 years on.

Were you looking for a mystic in particular, a GT in particular or just stumble upon the car during a search? Is this your first Primera and how did you come to find NPOC?

I've had the Nissan bug since I left school working In a Nissan Dealer, I've had a Cherry N12, Sunny B11, 2 Micras K10 &K11. This is my 4th Primera, my first was a 1992 P10 SLX 4door in red, then I bought a 1996 P11 1.6 Si in Bronze. It was a beautiful car but coming from a 2.0 ltr down to a 1.6 was a big difference. I had it for about 18 months when I found a P11 GT 5door in Red, I always fancied the Mystic ever since I saw one at a Touring car meeting and I think it was David Leslie sitting on the roof of one on the drivers parade lap at Donnington. Anyway, I had the Red GT for a couple of years when I saw this one for sale. It was too good to miss - one owner from new FSH, very low mileage totally original so I went for it.

Do you find the paintwork turns heads and do you get nervous parking her knowing a scratch would cost a kings ransom to repair!?

I do enjoy driving her more so in the summer, I tend not to take her to the supermarket or shopping we normally go in Anitas K12 Micra, for obvious reasons.

If I had a pound every time someone came up to me and said 'nice paintwork mate, how much did the respray cost you??', I'd have enough to repaint the front bumper.

This is the first dark coloured car I?ve owned I do find it does get dirty very quickly, where as the Red GT always looked clean this shows up all the dirt. I wash her at least once a week religiously; polish inside and out once a month.

Is this your first venture into modification or do you have a past history!?

No this is really my first venture, it's very addictive though I've got NPOC to thank for that.

Right, now onto the GTSE. What modifications have you made to the car and can you tell us your favourite modification?

OK my first modification was replacing the orange wing repeaters for clear ones, since then I have Tinted the windows, Short Shift Gear Stick SS Autochrome Header K&N CAI induction kit LED lights in the grille, and footwells Wheels professionally refurbished and painted gold Painted the callipers Laguna front splitter Clear rear lights H&R springs Supersprint backbox

Talking in a most satisfaction for the money sense, what modification would you say has provided the biggest improvement to the car?

I would say the best value for money would be the SS Autochrome header, it took me nearly all day to fit, but as soon as I took her for a spin I noticed a difference (more responsive) maybe psychological, maybe not.

I always try to bring 'you heard it first' information to CotM, anything you are working on in the future that you can let us in on?!

My plan for the winter is to upgrade sound system, speakers, new head unit amp and sub, just something subtle.

With unlimited funds, what would you most like to do to your car?

Paint the front bumper and tailgate around the spoiler LOL!!!!! And more power I'd love to have a turbo conversion.

How do you feel about the Primera scene at the moment, more products and information available than ever before?

Since I carried out the first modification to the Primera I have noticed that there are more and more information and products available for upgrading, incl exhausts, suspension, brakes, and engine enhancements thanks to the Internet.

How have you enjoyed the 2006 show season and can we hope to see you around the events in 2007?

The highlight this year was JAE, this was my 3rd JAE but my first time I stayed over, my 2 boys, the wife and I arrived mid afternoon on the Friday and camped for 2 nights considering I hadn't slept in a tent since I was a young boy and Anita had never slept in a tent it was quite a venture the whole weekend was truly amazing. To meet so many great people really did make the weekend one to remember for a long time.

I'm going to get to as many meets as possible next year.

Congratulations again for winning the coveted Car of the Month award, your GTSE is a gorgeous mystical motor and we all encourage you to keep up your excellent work!

Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone you wish:

Thanks to everyone that voted for me and thanks to all those in the club who have helped me out over the past 3 years (you know who you are!)

A special thanks to Shaun who always makes me laugh with his witty comments, and especially Tan (GT786) for without him I'd never found NPOC.

Car of the Month September 2006 - Nick GT - P11 GTSE

Written by Stevie-Boy

Print Page | Close Window