Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 tyre pressure sensors reset Q ?

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32010
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:20am

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 tyre pressure sensors reset Q ?
Posted By: AndyP12
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 tyre pressure sensors reset Q ?
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 5:34pm
As some of you probabily know by now I am the happy new owner of a 2003 2.0L T-Spec CVT.

I am planning to swap the fron tyres/wheels with the back so they all wear at the same time, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to re-set the tyre pressure warning thingy after I do this.

It says in the manual I will have ot get a Nissan dealer to do this, but surley it can be done DIY at zero cost?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I thought I had already put this post on here but either I didn't up-load it or its vannished. Anyway, help would be very much appreciated.

I would also like to say what a great bunch of people there seem to be on here. I have received responces to all my posts very quick and it is a pleasure to find such an active forum with genuinly helpful, active members.

Pay day next week so I intend to become a fully paid up member.

-------------
regards,

Andy

Replies:
Posted By: norbert eggcup
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 10:17pm
mate of mine who is tyre fitter says latest stance on this is DON'T DO IT cos it stresses the tyres

-------------

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 12:01am
Never been a fan of swapping tyres. Unless you are going to flog it why buy all 4 tyres at the same time. My P12 I have bought fronts twice and the same tyres are still on the back with good tread, done 62K+.

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 12:05am
Originally posted by AndyP12 AndyP12 wrote:

I thought I had already put this post on here but either I didn't up-load it or its vannished. Anyway, help would be very much appreciated.

You did.. It's on page 3 of the General Section:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31898 - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31898

-------------

Posted By: AndyP12
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 9:26am
SORRY.... New to all this and should have looked a bit harder.

Anyway, going back to my original question, does anyone know how to re-set the tyre pressure sensor warning thing on a T-Spec P12?

I would prefer to buy 4 tyres at the same time because you get better discounts and have the same tyres on all 4 corners.

-------------
regards,

Andy

Posted By: norbert eggcup
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 11:41pm
have a look in the factory manual which you can download here--> http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29493&PID=416420#416420">bullet

-------------

Posted By: Boomting
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 7:34pm
Hi, Long story short...  Went to main stealer today and for a very reasonable £60 they reset my TPMS light and apparently learned or activated the rear offside (Brand new) Schrader sensor. After driving home a few miles the light came back on and the new sensor has not yet given a reading (0.0) So I'm back to square one. They did warn me that because I have an ABS fault (cracked tone ring, requiring new CV joint to front offside which has been same for nearly 3 years) it might affect TPMS. Why has TPMS worked until thunder storm 6weeks ago regardless of ever-present ABS fault?  
They also very kindly jet washed car, removing lots of paint from colour coded door trim. I'm so glad I bothered. Problem is, MOT in 5 weeks and now set to fail!? Can anyone help?

-------------
George Orwell never said it would be this bad.

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 7:59pm
TPMS is only testable on Cars from 2012.
My 08 Mazda has the TPMS Light on and passed the MOT a few Months ago.
They failed it initially due to the Tester not understanding the new MOT rules.

MOT Manual. Wheel/Tyre Section
https://www.mot-testing.service.gov.uk/documents/manuals/class3457/Section-5-Axles-Wheels-Tyres-and-Suspension.html#section_5.2

Not a fail but be prepared to challenge if they try to fail it.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 2:39pm
You don’t need a new CV joint for a cracked ring, I had one fitted by my local garage

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:36am
Thanks for the replies, I might try to get just a ring fitted and my MOT tester has cheerfully reassured me it's only a fail on 2012 cars and on. I think I got a duff sensor although new boxed off of eBay. If the tyre pressures are off the light flashes but goes solid when they are in range 25-37psi from what I can work out. If I cycle through the menu quickly when I turn the ignition on I can see briefly the offside rear with offending 'new' sensor's value is 0.0 so could try another I suppose. I will put the skinny spare on and see what occurs.  

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:45am
Can I ask how much the ring only was? Cheapest CV's I've been quoted are £150-160 up to £380 +vat for a Nissan dealer near Gatwick. (That was for 1.5 hours if everything came off the car easily!) I should have made it clear I only wanted a CV joint. Not to pay for his holiday!LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 9:38am
It was back in 2013 I have just pulled out the bill, it was £10.00 for the ring, £30.00 to fit total £48 inc VAT, Just looking on Ebay they are £1.99 upwards

Posted By: justmirel
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:25pm
Hello guys.

I have a Primera tspec 04 and I fitted new alloy's and tyres together with new Autel sensors.
I got to the point of programming all sensors with the Autel diagnostic tool but I simply cannot put the car in learning more.i saw some videos on YouTube with a wire behind one but there is none!

Any advice regarding how to put it in learning more please?

Posted By: Estyfort
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:27pm
Which of the Autel diagnostic tools did you use? If it's any of their tpms tools, yes you could wake the sensors up, but none to the best of my knowledge can programme the sensor to the Primera. However, you could copy the ID of your old sensors to the new MX sensors and install them to the wheels from which you have copied respectively.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:09pm
Hi,

This is the one I use: https://imgur.com/a/urlT6Dz

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072K2BWSR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" rel="nofollow - Autel MaxiTPMS TS401

If you can detail me your idea will be grateful. I still got the old tyres but I think only 3 of them still works. You reckon that if I clone the old ones the system that will do the trick?

I'm struggling from August to fix this..there's absolutely no info about this..probabil very rare primeras out there with TPMS!

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:21pm
Yes, you can clone the IDs with the TS401. Once you've retrieved each ID depress the Y button, which will take you into the programming mode for cloning.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:39pm
Check these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4fWyQtXMuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwMxHx8WoYw

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 4:14pm
Hello Guys,

I have managed to Copy by activation the old 4 TPMS and copy to the new ones.

I have put 32 psi in front wheels and 29 psi in back wheels as the plate near drivers door specify.

Now the problem is the system still don`t see them.I've double check them and all work and are transmitting have the same id as the old ones but the car still sees it as a problem. What I can do more?

ConfusedConfused

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 4:46pm
Well you have to place each sensor on the wheel where the ID was originally registered.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:28pm
OMG...i have no idea in which order was..

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:33pm
Start by alternating the left front and rear wheels. By the time you're on the third wheel you'll be done.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 7:59pm
I don't understand why must me in the same order.

also is not more easily program the sensors again? I have 23 combinations left to do..but I need deflate and inflate every time..it is a pain...even if I take them wheels down and swap them around I still got the same no of combinations...how do I know is the correct one if I try your method? I let the keys inside the ignition and the error will disappear?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:19pm
I don't understand what you mean by 23 combinations.
Here's the logic. Your car has a tpms module that stores sensor IDs in the following order: FL, FR, RR, RL. If sensor ID 12356 has been originally registered in FL, then only cloned sensor ID with 123456 will work there. If you placed ID 78910 there it won't match/receive the signal. If you had a programmer (e.g. Consult) you could replace 123456 with 78910 in FL if you desire. But you don't have such programmer. So you can only copy the ID for use its originally registered location.
You need not bother about specific tyre psi inflation. You could do anything from 32 all round.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by justmirel justmirel wrote:

...how do I know is the correct one if I try your method? I let the keys inside the ignition and the error will disappear?
Press the Info button on the multi-function switch till the tyre pressures are displayed. You might need to drive the car for a short distance for the pressures to be displayed. Admittedly cumbersome, but that's the only solution without a programming tool.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:42pm
yes.i understand what you saying but i don't know the order of my old tyres..so it can be any of the following..1, 2, 3, 4;  1, 2, 4, 3; 1, 3, 2, 4,1, and so on..totally 24 combinations of  changing my wheels...it will be a pain but I must do it.thanks

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Estyfort Estyfort wrote:

...how do I know is the correct one if I try your method? I let the keys inside the ignition and the error will disappear?
Press the Info button on the multi-function switch till the tyre pressures are displayed. You might need to drive the car for a short distance for the pressures to be displayed. Admittedly cumbersome, but that's the only solution without a programming tool.

do I need have the engine on? or contact on?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:45pm
Yes, engine running.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:49pm
Not so many. As I suggested start by swapping the FL and RL. If neither displays a pressure then try FR and RR in any of the wheels on the left. Once one has matched the rest become easy.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:54pm
are you saying that at this moment they are all wrong and that's why none is displayed? I thought all of them must be in their places for the system to show something. by my experience, if one is dead it will not show any readings..

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:02pm

are you saying that at this moment they are all wrong and that's why none is displayed? I thought all of them must be in their places for the system to show something. by my experience, if one is dead it will not show any readings..
No they're independent. If one was dead, the others will display. Yes, they're not all correctly located at the moment. From your experience how have you addressed the issue when any was dead?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:07pm
when I bought it the TPMS was on, I saw only one time the readings when I change some fuses (i don't remember which one so I can try again, maybe you know which one is for TPMS)

I can confirm 3 of them were ok as I use the tool to copy them. the 4th was definitely dead. I took it out today and put the new battery in order to copy it.so if what you`re saying is true the system should display the other 3..correct?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:15pm

when I bought it the TPMS was on, I saw only one time the readings when I change some fuses (i don't remember which one so I can try again, maybe you know which one is for TPMS)

I can confirm 3 of them were ok as I use the tool to copy them. the 4th was definitely dead. I took it out today and put the new battery in order to copy it.so if what you`re saying is true the system should display the other 3..correct?

Yes all successfully cloned IDs should enable display, except as you have now mentioned there is a problem with the fuse controlling the tpms. I will check. You said you replaced the battery in the 4th sensor. I didn't know that was possible.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:27pm
Yes.it is possible.it is very hard on the Schrader ones but I had to destroy the case in order to get to the battery so I can't get a signal to copy it.

I remember I did swap some old fuses from previous owner with original nissan ones and by magic I was able to see 3 sensors.once I take out one wheel it came back to warning and no sensors displayed.
Also if the contact is not on and press info I can see for a short time all for tyres showing 0.0.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:42pm

Yes.it is possible.it is very hard on the Schrader ones but I had to destroy the case in order to get to the battery so I can't get a signal to copy it.

I remember I did swap some old fuses from previous owner with original nissan ones and by magic I was able to see 3 sensors.once I take out one wheel it came back to warning and no sensors displayed.
Also if the contact is not on and press info I can see for a short time all for tyres showing 0.0.

The tpms module is controlled by 10A fuse No. 12 (fuse box inside the car). Between the sensor and the module is the receiver(antenna). Maybe it's faulty?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:55pm
Where is the recover? Near fusebox? Do you have a photo by any chance?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:04pm
Yes, I think it's near the fuse box. Here's the part number: https://7zap.com/en/part/NISSAN/40740AV600/" rel="nofollow - 40740-AV600 . Google. Also you can download the FSM on the homepage here to have a clear picture of the tpms. It's possible that the connector of the receiver is loose.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:25pm

I just checked. It seems to be under the vehicle! The driver side.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:28pm

Ok.ill have a look tomorrow.thanks !

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:37pm

Ok.ill have a look tomorrow.thanks !

I do a physical inspection too. It's by the side of exhaust pipe almost at middle of the car!

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:01pm

Today I took out fuse no 12 for 3 Hours. After I come back I put new one and that appears. One of them is not displayed but I still have the feeling that they are not right because in from I have 32 psi on both but it shows different.

Any suggestions? Swap?

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:02pm

Today I took out fuse no 12 for 3 Hours. After I come back I put new one and that appears. One of them is not displayed but I still have the feeling that they are not right because in from I have 32 psi on both but it shows different.

Any suggestions? Swap?

Photo here

https://imgur.com/gallery/nndh56T

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:05pm
Swap.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:23pm
Another method is inflating the tyres with different psi:
FL: 40
FR: 37
RR: 34
RL: 31
Then match with the display

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:16pm
Hello,

i have managed to pair 3 but the RR is still not shown on display...any thoughts please?

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 7:42pm
Are the three correctly matched on the display?

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:15pm
yes. tested each one 

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:22pm
The tpms module might registered the signals from the sensor after a few drive cycles.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:16pm
There's has to be a way I can reset it... I've come so close .. I'm trying with all my powers to don't go Nissan dealer..

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:29pm
The only way it can be reset is with Nissan's Consult. If you are sure that the readings on the display corresponds with the respective wheel locations, then as I suggested, the last reading might be displayed after driving the car for a while.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:52pm
Cryhello.

I need help...after 2 days on the road with no lights on my dash, only 3 TPMS are shown. RR TPMS don`t want to work and I decide to swap back wheels. in the end, I didn`t but I did remove no 12 Fuse and when I placed back now TPMS in on and the airbag is flashing.also my cruise control is showed on display and all the dash is out of control.it sows the water is 120 degree..or that I'm doing 100 miles per h even if I`m with 50.

I have done an airbag reset.and also an ECU reset.in the end airbag lights still flashes like crazy and TPMS light is not shown on the dash but is not shown on my display either.

I've checked the cables from under the seat, al good. what I have done? I've messed with fuses. I think I burn something..is there a master fuse I can change?o how I can totally reset the ECU?
Cry

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 8:56am
Disconnect the battery for 30mins, give the brake a couple of presses when you have made the disconnection then just wait.Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:05am
For the Air Bag, there is a diagnostic in the Service Manual

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

PrimeraP12.zip is the one you want
Chapter H
Section SRS
Page SRS 26
The most common cause after the Under Seat Cables (presume you unplugged and replugged to clean the connections?) is an unplug and replug of the cable for the Passenger Front Air Bag.

TPMS is not an MOT Fail on Cars before 2012.

Removal of the Battery Earth for 30 Mins sometimes sorts odd problems.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 2:55pm
Hello All,

Thanks for your replies.

I disconnect and clean all Airbag cables (glovebox & under seat) and put them back on and reset it. Seems it worked .no more lights on my dash but TPM RR still not shown. I have reprogrammed but didn`t work.

The other thing is FR every time car stays more than 30 min will flash and show the pressure is low(1.6 bar) but after I start moving will read and adjust itself to 2.2 as actually is. This happens every time I start the car after 30min or more parked.

I`m scared to try the battery disconnection. I don`t want another problem.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 3:08pm

Hello All,

I`m scared to try the battery disconnection. I don`t want another problem.

It's up to you of course.
It often gets recommended on here for the P12.
I don't recall anyone having any problems afterwards.

Date Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:20pm
Hi all 

I disconnect battery for 2 days.I have done every possible thing .nothing worked.

i also bought Autel ts601 but for some reason it couldn't access the control unit.I guessing is busted or partially busted as if i take out the fuse and put back i can s all Tyre pressure except RR but only for a while (until i take a wide/sharp corner).

I go to Nissan dealership and they told m all is ok and maybe the reason is because i put 17" wheels but the standard ones are 18".

Any advice from now ?

Print Page | Close Window