Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 2.2dCi 2002 random P0093 fault

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33324
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:50pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2.2dCi 2002 random P0093 fault
Posted By: Phil_L
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 2.2dCi 2002 random P0093 fault
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 9:59am
Good morning everyone I am a new member with a problematic P12.

The symptoms are that it indicates a fault, via the MIL, sometimes several times a day but sometimes it can go for a week and show nothing.  The fault indicated is P0093 which is a large fuel leak.  This puts the car into limp home mode which clears on stopping and restarting.  It may reoccur fairly quickly and it may not.  There are no indications that anything is untoward until the MIL comes on.  The only clue I have is that it was fine during the week in October when it was warm and dry and the faults started again when it got cold and wet.

I am beginning to suspect an earth fault but do not know where to look.

Any help or tips would be greatly appriciated.

-------------
Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence

Replies:
Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 10:27am
Welcome to NPOC Phil,

The service manual is available on here http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html
Your fault code isn't listed as far as I can see?

I can see from your new member post that you have a 52 plate 2.2DCi
It helps you attract the attention of the right people if you include the engine/fuel type in the question subject. There are 2 phases of P12, so the year also helps.Thumbs Up

There are a few YD22 experts on here who will be able to help.

I do know there have been problems with earth straps on the P12. I believe a common one is to the gearbox (hidden under the battery).
Have a search for 'P12 earth'

Good luck getting it sorted

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 11:00am
Thank you for your reply imckay.

Unfortunately I cannot edit my posts yet.  If an administartor can allow me to do this or modify as appropriate I would be greatful.  Maybe the title should read:

Nissan Primera P12 2.2dCi 2002 random P0093 fault

Thanks to NPOC I have the service manual and I have visually inspected to gearbox earth strap.  This is intact but I have not taken it apart.

Posted By: Baz007
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 11:10am
Close to your air bix there is your boost control solenoid...  Try to pull the wires out of it and get back to me.

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 12:28pm
Sorry to sound dim but where should I look (when it stops raining)

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 1:00pm
...Its been a while..... Erm, just to the side of the boost house, there is a small actuator. The plug is square with a metal clip around it.  If the wires come out of that it flags up a fuel leak. 

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 1:03pm

Is that what the service manual refers to as the 'variable nozzle turbocharger control solenoid'?

There are a few pics in the manual which may help Phil identify it.

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 1:18pm
Yes, I think it is.... I try not to pay attention to names as they change from model to model and it all gets confusing!

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 4:19pm
Thank you very much.  I found the solenoid and on pulling the red wire it came out.  It is now soldered back together and hopefully repaired.  I will try and update in a couple of months.

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 5:34pm
Cracking advice, if thats the call sounds the jobs a goodunBig smileLet us know either way how you get on

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2009 at 11:04pm
There is a repair kit available as the wire will come back out as it isn't routed correctly. Contatct your local dealer and ask them to check recalls. I'm sure they were all recalled for this.

Also, thanks for the thanks. Most people take the advice from here and you never see them again!

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 2:34pm
I have had two weeks trouble free motoring now.  This appears to have fixed it.

Posted By: evanmarcus
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 6:21am
I too own a Nissan Primera P12, this is the problem i never came through....
till date its working fine....Big smile

http://www.buyautoparts.com/part/replacement-turbocharger/" rel="nofollow - Turbocharger

Posted By: Juhovv
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:41am
Just wanted to express some gratitude: this fixed my problems. First I got a P0093 fault which put the car in limp mode, then after clearing the codes I started getting P0045 code, which is "Turbo/Super charger boost control solenoid circuit/open". Dismantled the connector, soldered some new cable to it and put it together. Thanks!

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 11:44am
Pleased you got it sortedThumbs Up

Print Page | Close Window