Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 AUX-IN & USB Adaptor

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34579
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:35am

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 AUX-IN & USB Adaptor
Posted By: kolokolo
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 AUX-IN & USB Adaptor
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 12:16pm
Guys,

I'm a new P12 (Mar 04) owner(black&white rear view screen).

I've been trying to find a way of connecting my mp3 to the audio unit but never expeted it would be so difficult.
I've seen members here talking about the xcarlink solution but I think I found a cheaper option which the manufacturer say is compatible to primeras

http://www.connects2.com/Instructions/USB_OEM.pdf - http://www.connects2.com/Instructions/USB_OEM.pdf

Does anyone know anything more on that and can provide detailed instructions how can I fit it on my primera?do I have to take out the dash?

Many thanks

Replies:
Posted By: johner07
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 12:23pm
welcome to NPOC, some one will be along to help to soon Tom

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 12:44pm
Hi Johner. nice to feel welcomed.

Posted By: andy 1969
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 3:55pm
i have a P11-144, now i know the radio is different, but i have one of the supposedly compatible X-Car link units. that after spending time contacting x-car link becasaue it would not work, was told (after sending a photo of the front of my radio) that it wasnt compatible so be carefull.

again i have not a great deal of knowledge of the P12 radios, but i am sure someone will be along that knows.

Welcome to the club Beer

-------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.

Posted By: Smileyman
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 12:26am
Hello
Cannot advise on fitting external imput, (perhaps car telephone people can help?) but can advice that the P12 electrics are very complex, so take great care before cutting / connecting anything as the same cable is used by the onboard computer for several different tasks.... 

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:34am
Thanks guys,

I can't believe how Nissan missed something like that.
The problem is that I even tried Halfords and they didn't go ahead with a parrot installation because they "don't have experience with primeras".....how stupid is that???

I have to find a way of doing installation myself.  There should  be some people here who've done this before and can explain.?Confused

Posted By: Smileyman
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 3:09pm
I think they did not miss it - more likely the Primera was designed before the requirement came about - look at the current cars and they do feature facility for MP 3's etc. Perhaps there is a route here to copy, speak to a friendly dealer technician....

Posted By: Treef
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:31pm
You could always use an FM transmitter for your MP3 player, if it's an Ipod there are transmiters that fit direct to the Ipod

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Treef Treef wrote:

You could always use an FM transmitter for your MP3 player, if it's an Ipod there are transmiters that fit direct to the Ipod
Exactly! this is really the only safe way to go. P12 electrics carry signals not just voltage/current. We have some brave person here fitting an aftermarket independant handsfree and I think it is going ok so far. However, some professional fitters have seriously screwed up the P12. I don't think the advice you have so far should be taken lightly, the fitter sounds as if he knows things you don't.

Posted By: Andy12R
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 7:02pm
I've been looking at the same thing for my P12, the blurb says they're dead easy to connect as they simply plug into the back of the head unit where the CD changer would normally plug in. A thread on here  about the xcarlink (which goes into the same plug) says you can reach the plug without dismantling the dash

Don't buy one yet though, I was talking to a supplier earlier today - Audio Images in Bradford and he wasn't able to confirm that it would work with my 53 plate P12. He was going to talk to the manufacturer tomorrow and let me know.

I'll post on here when I've heard from him

Andy

Date Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 9:47am
Many thanks Andy,Clap

Fingers crossed...

Posted By: sammy chung
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 7:56am
I emailed Car Audio Security Support about the CTANSUSB001 usb interface from connect2.com. They said it was only compatible with the blaupunkt stereo unit. My P12 is fitted with a Clarion  (CY100 code on the front) and so it appears only the Xcarlink unit is possible. On a similar note the Halfords site has a "will this fit my car" button next to the replacement stereos. The information there is not always true. It claimed that a Sendai cd889 unit would fit without any extra parts. When we got to £60 for a new audio console I gave up.

Posted By: Hic
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 7:00pm
Hi fellas!

I have run an inquiry through XCarlink, and they have answered today:

"Thanks for your enquriy. I can confirm that Xcarlink is compatible with the CY100 radio system in a Nissan Primera 2003 P12. The correct model can be purchased here:

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=32&cat=10&page=1 - http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=32&cat=10&page=1

Please let me know if you have any further queries."

So that it is now confirmed it will work with our P12, fitted with CY100. I'll buy one, fit it, and let you know about the follow-up. 

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 12:41am
Hic,

You're a star!

Hopefully we'll have some positive news.

Posted By: pipkinmark
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 2:54am
omg will this x link fit my 2005 p12 colour reverse camera cd unit???

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 9:07am
@Pipkinmark:

This depends only on the audio headunit. Mine is a CY100 (the model number is printed beside the cd-slot), so that I was inquiring about this one, but I am not sure if the "facelift" 2005 models have the same one..... check your audio unit first. 

Posted By: japcity
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 11:09am
Hi. Did you manage to get this xcarlink interface to work? I've just bought one and I can't even work out how to access to where the iPOD interface should be plugged into the in-car audio without completely destroying the panels... Thanks. Kent

Posted By: stumpym4
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 8:36pm
Hi I`m also interested in seeing if the above works in my 2004 p12 diesel , question is ? .. how do i remove the stereo in the first place to connect the lead to the aux input ??
Are there any guides on the net for this ?

cheers Tony

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 2:47pm

So I've bought an USB/SD adaptor from XCarlink, it's been shipped yesterday, and I've installed it today, quickly.... 

IT WORKS FINE!!!!

The link for this adaptor I include here, just to be reminded....

Originally posted by Hic Hic wrote:

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=32&cat=10&page=1 - http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=32&cat=10&page=1

This adaptor is definitely compatible with the CY100 headunit. If you have doubts, what HU you have, just check its front, beside the cd-slot. The CY100 model number should be there. (see picture)

So it works, and tested fine. I was tested it with a pendrive so far, but it handles SD/SDHC  and it has an AUX input as well. Also, a bluetooth handsfree option is available, but I did not need that, as I have a Nokia CK7W kit installed. 

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by japcity japcity wrote:

Hi. Did you manage to get this xcarlink interface to work? I've just bought one and I can't even work out how to access to where the iPOD interface should be plugged into the in-car audio without completely destroying the panels... Thanks. Kent

If you take the "by the book" way, you have to dismount the center console, as described in the ESM. It's not an easy job to do - for somebody who did not used to this kind of work, it would take 1-2 hours, at minimum. However, the Primera has made of good quality plactics, so that if you do everything as described, you won't damage anything, and you can mount everything back just fine, without any trace of being dismounted....

Some say, they could reach the cd-changer connector from behind, without removing the center console, but I doubt that, unless they have very delicate and flexible hands. My average ones would not fit and bend to do the job.... :)  Besides, you have to provide +12V fixed (BAT) and switched (ACC) supply to the adapter to have it working, which are not on the changer connector, so you have to wire these to the audio connector (M51).

If you do not have the ESM, here's a quick guide, how to connect an IPod or USB adapter. All screws are philips, a PH1 or PH2 screwdriver is all you need.

- remove the facia around the gearshift. Just grab below the rim at the leather skirt and pull gently up. It is fixed with 4 snap-in patents. You should remove the gearknob as well (just turn CCW), to remove the fascia with the leather skirt.
- remove the left and the right side kick panels at the sides of the center console, below. The driver side is just snap-in. The passenger side has a screw at its inmost fixture.
- The console around the gearshift needs to be removed. It's fixed with 8 screws. Under the gearshift fascia, there are four, and there are two on each sides - one is capped here, use your nails, or a small flat screwdriver to pop the cap. 
- now, the center console fascia is to be removed. It's fixed with three screws, one at each sides, and one under the handsfree microphone cover, just under the control panel. Use a small flat screwdriver to pop the microphone cover out, then you should find the screw behind that. In my case, this screw was not there, so maybe it's missing at you, as well, but be sure to check.
- If all the screws are removed, the center console fascia can be gently removed. Pull towards yourself and up. The control panel comes with it, so you can disconnect it and remove the fascia. Do not forget the handsfree mic cable, disconnect that, too. Now you have access to the audio unit/ashtray assembly.
- The audio assembly is fixed with 4 screws, 2 on each sides. Remove it, and now you can connect the adaptor to the cd-changer connector. 
- The +12V fixed voltage, you can find at the audio connector (M51, 12pin) pins 3 and 4 (yellow), the +12V switched voltage (ACC) you can find at pin 2 (Purple). I would recommend to partially strip and solder to these wires.
- If you plug back the control panel temporarily, you can test the adaptor operation. If everything works fine, you can mount everything back in a reverse order. As I said, the P12 uses good plastic materials, so everything can be mounted back just as it was. Nothing breaks, nothing bends. According to my experience, the center console fascia is a little bit tricky to mount back again. First, align the top part then slide it into place front-downwards. If you do not succeed at first, just try again...

So that's all, good luck guys. I am sorry not making any photos.... forgot that....

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 3:44pm
PS: You can find some nice photos in the "HOW TO..:" Section, at the "Dash Removal" topic... :)

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 11:32am
Thanks for all of the info but how big is the unit and where did you locate it. I was hoping to put in in the boot ( to replace the cd changer) but Xcarlink says it will not fit there.
Thanks

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 11:35am
Further to this I have received an email from the manufacturer of the CTANSUSB001 USB adaptor saying it IS compatable with the Clarion  CY100in the Nissan P12. 

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 1:10pm
I have the CTANSUSB001 as well (I have purchased it first, as it was cheaper :) ) but that did not work with my CY100.... that's for sure. Maybe a newer firmware they have, which already supports the P12 headunit, but I had not had so much luck.....

About mounting it into the trunk - It is possible, there is only the problem of the connector to solve.

The cd-changer has a different connector at the boot, a little larger one. The original 12-pin connector of XCarlink has only the data and audio lines, but the power you must connect extra. The 16-pin cd-changer connector in the boot has the power supply wires added. What you can do, is to cut the XCarlink connector, and the cd-changer connector, and connect the wires by function. Then it works just as well. 

The connector pinouts you can find in the ESM.

If you see the connectors from the pin side (not from the wire side):

XCarlink/Headunit:

+------+------+-----------------------------+------+------+
|         |  TX  |                                      |  R+   |  L+  |
+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+
|         |  RX  | CRQ |        | GND |        |  R-    |  L-   | 
+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+

CD-Changer:

+------+------+------+-----------------------------+------+------+------+
|  ACC |        |  BAT |                                     |        |  R+   |  L+  |       
+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+
| GND |         |        |  RX   |  TX  | CRQ |         |        |  R-    |  L-   | 
+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+

A problem with this solution might be, that if you want to reconnect the original cd-changer, you have to solder again. I would recommend to use some kind of 10-pin connector pair (male and female) instead of soldering directly. Then you can put the same connector on the cd-changer, and if you ever want to connect it again (e.g. when you sell the car) - it's just plug and play.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 5:13pm
Thanks for that info - You seem to be recommending the Xcarlink. I'll try it with your diagram.

Posted By: nick.telepneff
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:59am
One little 'gotcha' is that although the plug configurations are correct, the Nissan end is what comes out of  the Audio Unit. RX (receive) and TX (transmit) swap over between this and the Xcarlink. If you look carefully at the wiring diagrams in the manual, you'll see. Took me a while!

Posted By: nutrunner
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 11:14am
Big smileive recently got a fm transmitter for the mrs ipod just plug in cigarette lighter port tune it to 88.1 fm and thats all there is to it sounds great through the radios speakers 314.99 maplins

-------------
ynwa to look to the future you must remember the past

Posted By: nutrunner
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 11:17am
sorry it is £14.99 from maplins

-------------
ynwa to look to the future you must remember the past

Posted By: murt1050
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 12:11pm

hi i am just wondering is it possible to have both the xcarlink and the 6 cd changer working together or would there be any conflicts

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 6:31pm
I don't believe its posible to have both the Xcarlink and a cd changer as the Xcarlink plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the radio. 

Posted By: cip29
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 7:16pm
nokia n85 has fm trasmitter,I you have one use it,the sound is ok(too much bass,booooomm boooomm,I use 88.10 mhz 

-------------
cyp

Posted By: lourenco
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 12:25pm
Hi
I am from Portugal and unfortunately I bought the unit from xcarlink but my electrician has some reluctance to install. I've seen various opinions here. What was the response that his friend gave him? Can you help me?
Thanks
Lourenço

Posted By: lourenco
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 12:32pm
Can you tell me if served?
I also bought one but am having difficulties in finding an electrician to mount.
Thanks
Lourenço

Posted By: Bakerman
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 11:29am
Well,

After months of reading and a lot of doubts, I'm a baker not a technician.., I decided to go for the Xcarlink in my 2002 P12 Visia(1.8). Monochrome display.
It took me three hours to do this.
Everything went fine. After putting it all back together I had to wait for some time.(Ctrl-ALT-DELETE?). I went for a cup of coffee, when I turned the key, there it was on the screen! CD Changer...Eureka!
One minor thing I have to examine though. The right half side of the screen is illuminated less.
Could it be a fuse or did I damage something else? 
I didn't touch the display while installing the Xcarlink module. I only had to plug the connector and attach the batt and ignition wires to the audioplug, thanks to the great hhow to's and photos in other threads on NPOC.

Anyway, collecting my audiofiles on an SD-card now for the 2300km trip to Spain in August. :-)

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 10:19pm

Hi,

Update. Didn't manage to get the light back on the right side of the display. Cry

Other strange thing I experienced. I've put together an SD-card with 9 folders, 99 songs in each.
All play well, exept I can't select RANDOM play.
When I insert a CD in the player, I can select RANDOM. Anyone out there with this Xcarlink device who can Randomize? 

Posted By: col2802
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 10:42am
.hi, 
im debating getting an xcarlink myself as im fed up of my cds rattling about in my door panel Big smile. is the soldering and wire change necessary or will it still work by just plugging in? i presume that the cd changer port is on the back of the cd drive and not on the cd/heater control panel? apologies for my querying as ive always had cars with the option to install aftermarket head units which are genrally just plug and play. do xcarlink offer an adaptor to remove the need for wiring?
cheers in advance! 

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 1:11pm
I only had to attach the batt wire(continuous) and ingnition wire.
I did this with some sort of clip, insert the batt wire in the clip and clip it on the cable at the audio plug.Same thing with the ignition wire. The rest is only plug(and play).
Hope this helps.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 11:07am
hi bakerman, thanks for your reply, I have had an email back from xcarlink who told me that there are 2 wires that need attaching as well as the plug, do you know if these wires can be spliced into the cd players live and ignition feeds? i don't have any soldering equipment so would probably use connector blocks for this.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 11:09am
also, do you have any pictures of these clips, maybe something from google images?
cheers!

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 3:49pm
Hi,
I did it with a quick connector like this:
kabel snel verbinder rood

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:48pm
Col, see this...

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-fitting-an-xcarlink-problem_topic56384.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-fitting-an-xcarlink-problem_topic56384.html

Plenty of info and picciesSmile

As well as this:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-xcarlink-iphone-fitting_topic42232.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-xcarlink-iphone-fitting_topic42232.html

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 12:33pm
cheers bakerman, i spoke to one of my colleagues about these yesterday, theyre called scotch locks. the only problem i have left is what ampage did you use? they come in a variety (5,15amps etc) apologies, im rubbish at auto electrics!

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 12:39pm
hi essNchill, thanks for the links, ive been on those links before to determine which setup i was thinking, have emailed xcarlink directly and they have told me that there should be an empty port at the rear of the cd unit wheras on the link it shows all ports taken. i guess the square plug goes into the square hole so plugs shouldnt be an issue. im planning to use scotch locks to link my xcarlink live and ign wires to the radios own feed. is there a wiring diagram available showing which colour wires id need to tap into?

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 8:35pm
Well,
I found two colors, no mention of Amps:
red: for cable 0,5 to 1.5mm ø
blue:for cable 1-2,5mm ø
I've always used the blue ones, without any problems for my previous Primera W10 which was my faithfull for 20 years!

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 10:06am
cheers bakerman, your advise has been much appreciated. im going to order my xcarlink today, as for the scotchlocks, my colleague said that it amp rating would be the same as the cd fuse so fingers crossed! xcarlink emailed me a picture of the cable joints so i should be all set

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34685112@N03/6080073003/in/photostream" rel="nofollow - http://www.flickr.com/photos/34685112@N03/6080073003/in/photostream

fingers crossed, will post when its all in and done!

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 1:48pm
The connections are shown in
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-xcarlink-iphone-fitting_topic42232.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-xcarlink-iphone-fitting_topic42232.html

Posted By: old_member
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by kolokolo kolokolo wrote:

Guys,

I'm a new P12 (Mar 04) owner(black&white rear view screen).

I've been trying to find a way of connecting my mp3 to the audio unit but never expeted it would be so difficult.
I've seen members here talking about the xcarlink solution but I think I found a cheaper option which the manufacturer say is compatible to primeras

http://www.connects2.com/Instructions/USB_OEM.pdf" rel="nofollow - http://www.connects2.com/Instructions/USB_OEM.pdf

Does anyone know anything more on that and can provide detailed instructions how can I fit it on my primera?do I have to take out the dash?

Many thanks

Ermmm isn't that an XCarLink? It looks IDENTICAL to mine just with someone else's logo on the top - like they stuck it on there as the XCarLink as no markings on it at all on the top...

Dunno why just looks like someone selling another companies gear but rebranding it to their own. The additional extras (cables) are identical too.

Andy

Posted By: Belek
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 1:37am
I called the nearest Nissan dealer yesterday after i bought my Nissan Primera P12 2006 modell and wanted aux for my mp3 player. he said you can use the output ment for the CD changer on this cars. the output should be there regardless if you have the CD changer or not. he talked about some Blaupunkt cable with Aux in one end. 

Not that i know anything about this as i havent looked into it yet. but thought ill share it anyway :)

Posted By: vtowers
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 9:13am
These are available in NZ on our version of ebay:
http://www.anycarlink.com/
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=451498684

This might be the kind of thing that the dealer is referrring too :)

Note that i have not used these so i don't know if they work or how well although i am seriously considering trying one haha :P

Posted By: frenchyP12
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 9:39am

Hi everybody,

I want put my ipod music in my P12. I don’t want spend money for this, so I don’t want by an Xcarlink or any other devices.

I just want put a 3.5 jack plug on my dashboard. Could you say me where I can find the connector (near the dashboard) of the CD multi-changer located in my car boot?

http://postimage.org/image/62q8j8vq5/" rel="nofollow">

Thanks Wink

Posted By: wickydude
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 12:00pm
The changer is connected to the CD player that's in the console. In the back of that you'll find the connector. Check the FSM also.

I'm still curious as to how you plan to add a 3,5 jack to the audio...????

-------------
http://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detailansicht/635381.html" rel="nofollow">

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 1:19pm
I just want do that :
http://postimage.org/image/5f81807fh/" rel="nofollow">
Somebody have alredy try ?
What do you think about ?

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 2:25pm
never heard anyone try that.
I think it could work if you leave the other wires to the changer in place. If you simply disconnect the changer, then the audio unit will not see that it has an input there and you will not be able to switch to the cd-changer input. Assuming that you do have a cd changer in the boot.

If you try, please give us some feedback!

-------------

Posted By: hy9etb
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:07am
I added a 3.5mm jack to my P12 simply by splicing it into the existing cables for the car phone (my car didn't come with the actual phone cradle). This was incredibly easy, but there are a couple of downsides:

1) I had to create a new button to turn on the 3.5mm input
2) when i use the 3.5mm input, the screen displays 'PHONE' and you can't adjust the volume
3) the sound only comes out of the front drivers side speaker.

Posted By: bunescul
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 11:40am
someone managed to eventually make an aux input?

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 3:04pm
HAVE A LOOK ABOVE!

Originally posted by hy9etb hy9etb wrote:

I added a 3.5mm jack to my P12 simply by splicing it into the existing cables for the car phone (my car didn't come with the actual phone cradle). This was incredibly easy, but there are a couple of downsides:

1) I had to create a new button to turn on the 3.5mm input
2) when i use the 3.5mm input, the screen displays 'PHONE' and you can't adjust the volume

plus the others that have installed the xcarlink.
So the simple answer is YES!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 4:42pm
this is not a solution

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 5:59pm
like I said, that was the simple answer. Have you looked at the xcarlink mentioned on the previous pages of the post? That really is the best solution if you want multiple inputs and controls on the wheel.

Ther is another user who has installed an aftermarket radio in the console.

Myself, I fitted a Parrot MKi9200, which has BT carkit, usb, sd, ipod and 3,5mm conectors.
The sound quality is not that good, but that was solved by instaling a hi/lo converter, amp and 10" sub.

It comes down to how much time, effort and money you want to spend. Unfortunately, it is not straightforward plugging something into the back of the audio.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 9:05am
I think to try his version  frenchyP12 .
I hope not to spoil anything in my car .

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 9:58am
Good luck! Let us know the result!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 12:27pm
Hello everybody,
I have try my solution and she works,
but, because have a but ...
you can put you CD changer in "pause" mode,
so you have the sound of your cd changer and the AUX sound in the same time ...

You have two solutions for resolve this:
1st: you can burn a audio cd with a track without music .... and play it in loops when you want lisen you A<uX sound.
2nd: you can totaly disconect the audio wires from the cd changer and only connect your jack wires, but this solution makes it unusable the cd charger ...

Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 12:37pm
I have a problem, maybe you have the solution ...
sometime on my P12, I can't access to my cd changer,
normaly when you push on the "sources" button, you have: FM --> CD player --> CD changer --> FM ...
but sometime, the CD changer screen is inaccessible.
I have try to do an "autodiagnostic" (access by turning off music and push "info" button and turn "volum" button), but in the "audio unit" I have a problem, the "CD changer unit" is disconect ...

Y have check the conections in my trunk but, nothing anormal....
(I have this problem before my wires modification ;-)   )

Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 4:09pm
Hi frenchy. Thanks for updating us. Nice to know that route works.

About your changer, I have no idea apart from the usual "check the plugs everywher" that you will probably have done already.

-------------

Posted By: gerard1810
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 11:54am
i had a look around i cant see my model number ive a primera p12 2005 2.2

-------------
gerard devine

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 4:45pm

Has yours got the built in cd changer or the single variety, you have not supplied the model spec e.g. S, SVE, T-spec, flare etc.

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 9:32am
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Has yours got the built in cd changer or the single variety, you have not supplied the model spec e.g. S, SVE, T-spec, flare etc.

its swe dci

-------------
gerard devine

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 9:34am
yes built in cd changer

-------------
gerard devine

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 8:17pm
I think you mean SVE, I don't think the unit you are looking at is compatible with the unit you have

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 12:03pm
ok is there anything compatible

-------------
gerard devine

Posted By: petterg
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 10:47am
Does anyone know of a way I can figure which head unit my cars have (for compability check) without taking the center console apart?

My cars are both P12, 1.9dci, acenta. One is a 2005 model, the other is a 2004 (post facelift)
None of them has a cd changer

Posted By: sterkenli
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 6:28pm
I'm in Turkey. I am playing music on CD players of P12 with USB and SD Card. There are 20 P12 in turkey. I did
thisvideo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxacGxuHomE

Posted By: sterkenli
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by bunescul bunescul wrote:

<span ="hps" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; ">someone</span><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; "> </span><span ="hps" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; ">managed</span><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; "> </span><span ="hps" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; ">to</span><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; "> </span><span ="hps" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; ">eventually</span><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; "> </span><span ="hps" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; ">make</span><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; "> </span><span ="hps" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; ">an</span><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; "> </span><span ="hps" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; ">aux</span><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; "> </span><span ="hps" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; ">input</span><span ="" style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 245; ">?</span>

Aux entry is easy to smoke

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 3:11pm
Please give more details. I bought a xcarlink, but now it has failed
I would like to apply your method. Thank you !

Print Page | Close Window