Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P11 114 2.0 CVT Running Issues

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40223
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:37pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P11 114 2.0 CVT Running Issues
Posted By: johnnymarr
Subject: Nissan Primera P11 114 2.0 CVT Running Issues
Date Posted: 24 May 2010 at 8:17pm
Hello All,
I am after some help please.
I have bought a 2000 Primera sport+ CVT and have started to have major running problems.
The car will idle very low and sometimes a bit jumpy but the main problems is that it will not drive properly. If I try and accelerate normally the car will chug and has no power. If I press very gently and slowly on the accelerator it will pick up to about 3K revs and will go no further.
I thought about the MAF sensor so I disconnected and reconnected it and it made no difference either way.
If I put the car in neutral and press the accelerator it will rev to 3K and go no further and chugs as If it is going to die.
Any Help would be greatly appriceiated as I am really starting to regret buying this heap of crap(well thats how I feel about it at the moment).
Thanks
Ian

Replies:
Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 12:42pm
Anyone Please??

Posted By: jayc
Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 12:47pm
Could be the MAF. You really need to get it connected up with a diagnostic interface to troubleshoot.

-------------

Posted By: jonhutson
Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 1:10pm
Just a thought, but if your MAF has failed then disconnect and reconnect will show no difference??

The good news for you though is that you have  P11-144 which has built in diagnostics

Just go to the How To section and find P11-144 diagnostic check/clear and codes that Ant-Dat put together a while back.

The bad news is what you might find out from error codes. Still it should tell you if your MAF is faulty.

Hope you get your heap of crap sorted. It certainly sounds like MAF failure. I killed one on a Saab 900S once (left my brain out of gear and sprayed 20k boost over it) and the symptoms were similar.

If it's the MAF, you can pick up 'new' cheap one's off the bay, but there have been a number of peeps here who've had less than good experiance with these. If you can afford it, buy a Bosch replacement from Mfactors or get a used one.

-------------
Nordic '99 GTLE

Posted By: jonhutson
Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by jayc jayc wrote:

Could be the MAF. You really need to get it connected up with a diagnostic interface to troubleshoot.

lol I just type to slow.

-------------
Nordic '99 GTLE

Date Posted: 26 May 2010 at 12:54pm
Thankyou to all those that have replied with advise on the probable causes. I didn't mean that the car is a heap of crap its just how I was feeling at the time we all have bad days

Many Thanks
Ian

Print Page | Close Window