Print Page | Close Window

nissan primera p12 beeping when left indicator on?

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48781
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:37am

Topic: nissan primera p12 beeping when left indicator on?
Posted By: ibz
Subject: nissan primera p12 beeping when left indicator on?
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 7:50pm
when i press left indicator in my 2002 p12 primera,not only does my seat belt beeper start beeping my display starts flashing,andif i press the brake pedal at the same time my reverse camera comes on while i am driving forwards!
please help!

Replies:
Posted By: Geordie
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:48pm
I'm no P12 expert, but sounds like an earthing problem, normally resolved in the rear light cluster iirc

-------------
Car of the Month April 2010 (Black GT)
Car of the Month August 2012 (Red Wagon)
"You are a one man, used car industry, improvement system!!" - Tom (12/12/16)
Current: 1991 P10 2 litre GS

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 8:49pm
This is a well documented problem with the earth to the rear light cluster.
1st check you have no blown bulbs, then go to our how to section for the simple fix

Posted By: ibz
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 9:00pm
Thanks Guys, I will try it and let you guys know

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:06pm
Yes please, we love feedbackBig smile

Posted By: Gunnercreep1
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 7:54pm
I have the same problem. we have had earthing problem with left rear light and reverse camera. We got that sorted, so the lights and rear camera are ok now. But, when indicating left, the seat belt sound bleeps everytime the ind. light comes on. When indicating right, it sounds only once. I have tried by-passing the earthing (on lhs rear only) like you have in How to section (fixing a wire from light earth to screw on body, holding the light in position), but no help. Any ideas???

Posted By: Hero_MS
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 6:42am

I have the same problem, when i press left indicator in my 2007 p12 primera the display  start flashing and beeping and if i press the brake pedal at the same time my reverse camera comes on while I am driving forwards!

Is it an earth problem?

Do I need resolved it by following this link:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-rear-light-removal-now-with-simple-earth-fix_topic16533.html" rel="nofollow - please help!

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 6:47am
Yes.. Do the earth fix first and see where that gets you, the fix is a free oneThumbs Up

A big welcome to the forums too.

Take care,
Shaun

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 6:50am
OK ... I ll fix it in this  weekend.
Do I need to fix booth left and right or only the left?
Cause the problem is appears only when I press the left indicator.
many thanx for your hints :)

Posted By: Primera Dave
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 6:55am
Id do both then you know all is good welcome to NPOC too

-------------
Golf mk4 gti turbo. 3'' downpipe and de-cat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back, k&n induction kit and custom heat shield, 3'' intake, forge 007p dv, stage 1 190 Bhp map,Koni uprated shocks and h&r springs + more

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 7:02am
+1

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 8:29pm
It works ... Thanks alot guys for you help

Posted By: ragt20
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 8:31pm
good to hear its sorted for you, and cheers for posting back that its been resolved 

-------------
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK

Posted By: norbert eggcup
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 3:01am
if the earth fix dont work next on the list is the sec-u unit which can get confused into thinking you towing a trailerWacko

-------------

Posted By: mikec54
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 4:07pm
hi everyone
I have had this problem for a while,  loud beeping when right indicator is on all the time
and one beep with left indicator and then normal sound.

I have tried the earth wire fix, but it is still doing it

someone sugested reducing the indicator bulb wattage but i can only find 21w 12v which is normal, and I have replaced these for new ones, but still doing it ?

any further ideas would be greatfully received

mike

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 5:13pm
You can get 10w standard bulb or LED.
Google indicator bulb 12v 10w and 12v led indicator bulb

Posted By: windum
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 7:31pm
Great to know these baffling symptoms have simple, known solution. This has started happening on my P12 CVT automatic 2003 - the indicators acquiring the seatbelt bleep intermittently, the reversing camera activating. I also had the sat nav intermittently getting lost, with the red location pointer flashing, turning 90 degrees each time and constantly re-routing.

The most serious symptom seemed to be a temporary lack of acceleration and the CVT kick down, which normally lets the rev counter soar round to 4,000 in an instant not doing much either. The other thing was the display that shows what "gear" you've selected going blank temporarily. Shifting into "manual" mode made no difference.

I guessed this weird range of symptoms probably had a simple explanation, but really, is it all down to a poor earth connection in a rear light cluster??

-------------
wINDUM

Posted By: Electrolyte
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 7:40pm
Won't know until you try

-------------
If in doubt give it a clout!

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 11:22am
in your case do you think these things happen while you are turning the steering wheel? it could be the wiring loom on the steering wheel. I would give the earth fix a go first as some of the symptoms sound like that but perhaps not all

Posted By: windum
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 5:29pm
Several pounds lighter after a visit to my Nissan dealer...

They've done one cluster side (they said someone had done something in there already, which may be the earthing fix on NPOC) which has improved but not eradicated the indicator/seat belt chime mix-up, so it's back again after Easter for the other side to be done.

They asked if it was any better or worse indicating left or right - not sure, don't think there's any difference. I don't think that turning the steering wheel affects things. ( I have had that before, it would change radio stations on my old 05 SVE.)

-------------
wINDUM

Posted By: minty9281
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 9:27pm
i have same problem as mikec54 even with the lower watt bulbs, when it dont beeb it means bulb has blown. but have learned to live with it. but would be good to hear of a cure tho

-------------
darren

Posted By: brucey
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:23pm
I'm in the same boat as MikeC54 and minty9281;   one beep when indicating right, beeping-with-flashing when indicating left.

It has only been going on for three years so I thought I'd better see if I can fix it....

Yesterday I ran extra earth wires from the rear light clusters to ground. I made a really neat job of it, too, even if I do say so myself.

And you know what? It made no difference whatsoever....Cry

hey ho....

cheers

-------------
-----------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:41pm
No I don't supose it would have worked I'm your case as you have the dreaded "car thinks it is towing" problem to which there is not a satisfactory solution

Posted By: wickydude
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:51pm
There was this solution involving a wire cutter.... Someone cut the wires to the beeper in the dash behind the clocks.
Pre-facelift IIRC.

-------------
http://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detailansicht/635381.html" rel="nofollow">

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b

Posted By: wickydude
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:53pm
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-estate-indicator-buzzer_topic57043_post736880.html#736880" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-estate-indicator-buzzer_topic57043_post736880.html#736880

-------------
http://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detailansicht/635381.html" rel="nofollow">

Ex: Primera P12 1.9dCi Estate<b

Posted By: brucey
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 9:50pm
thanks for the link to that post.

Mine has no towbar and is an 03 plate hatchback BTW.

I might try the bub removal trick; if that works, then see about fitting some lower wattage bulbs, LED ones maybe.

The weird thing is that it didn't always do this.  I am now wondering if it perhaps started when I replaced some dysfunctional bulbs or something.

cheers

-------------
-----------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:28pm
There are a couple of 'solutions' on the Russian Primera site

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.primera-club.ru%2Ff%2Felektrooborudovanie%2F24715-ne-rabotaet-signal%2Fp2&act=url

Posted By: isbou
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:37pm
Hello Every,
I'm posting my problem here because it's quit similar, the only difference is my P12 has not a reverse camera.

here is my problem, I replaced my right rear light, after this when I want to turn right there is the sealt beep that start to beep, when turning left just one beep and the normal one continue, please any one can help me fixe?

Thanks for your kindly support.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:39pm
Just to clarify my P12 is berline not the liftback.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by isbou isbou wrote:

Hello Every,
I'm posting my problem here because it's quit similar, the only difference is my P12 has not a reverse camera.

here is my problem, I replaced my right rear light, after this when I want to turn right there is the sealt beep that start to beep, when turning left just one beep and the normal one continue, please any one can help me fixe?

Thanks for your kindly support.

Just to clarify my P12 is berline not the liftback

Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:33pm
Try this 1st.  It's on page 5 of the How To Section.    Thumbs Up                                                              http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-rear-light-removal-now-with-simple-earth-fix_topic16533.html

Or Page 1 of this post.

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:40pm
I'm surprised that you did not go straight to solution mode and do the earth fix mentioned o page one.

Here the link to the fix

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-rear-light-removal-now-with-simple-earth-fix_topic16533.html" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:52am
Hello, thanks you for your reply, indeed I saw this solution, but I'm not able to apply it on my P12, because there is difference between the model in the solution and my car, please see attached photos of the rear installed on my car.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:56am

Hello, thanks you for your reply, indeed I saw this solution, but I'm not able to apply it on my P12, because there is difference between the model in the solution and my car, please see attached photos of the rear installed on my car.

Oh sorry I don't find how to upload image :(
below link you can see them.

https://autoparts.beforward.jp/detail/Lightings/Tail-Lights/PA01729958/

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:41pm
Photo uploading

https://autoparts.beforward.jp/detail/Lightings/Tail-Lights/PA01729958/" rel="nofollow - https://autoparts.beforward.jp/detail/Lightings/Tail-Lights/PA01729958/

I cant tell from the photograph the internal layout, backplate arrangement of bulb holder fixing but you are going to have to figure out how to affix and earth wire to it and run it to a fixing

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:12pm
That light is from a P12 Saloon. The bulb holders on the rear are the same as the Hatchback. Thumbs Up
Different bulb fittings thats all. Smile

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:32am
Originally posted by roy.2 roy.2 wrote:

That light is from a P12 Saloon. The bulb holders on the rear are the same as the Hatchback. Thumbs Up
Different bulb fittings thats all. Smile

Thank you for ypur reply, so with this rear light how to apply earth wire solution?32

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:44am
Follow the guide isbou and all will be well.  Thumbs Up

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:19am
Wich guide? Sorry I'm a geek in this. So please help more :)...if the guide is the above post I'm still not able to apply it as my rear light is not the same than what it's shown on above solition.
Sorry again guys to disturb you with my problem.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:54am
As I said above you are going to have to adapt the fix. Separate the back plate from the housing to get access and route the earth wire through one of the opening if it will go drill a route through.at a push bring it out the side where the seal is.
To be honest I don't think you need to do any of that if you were to check that the lamp you replaced was an exact match for the burnt out on, I suspect it is not the same.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:21pm
Isbou. Is the light you put on the same as the one that came off?  If so, you will have no trouble doing the fix as the bulb holders in the back are very similar to the one in the fix.  Thumbs Up

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:26pm
Isbou. Just to be clear what you mean by..your car is a berline...The British meaning of this is...a limousine with a glass partition between the front and rear seats. LOL

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:34pm
Berline is French for Saloon/Sedan/4 Door. Says Google Big smile

The Pic Isbou has linked has wires going to individual Plastic Bulb Holders.
Not the 'Metal Frame' that is in the How To.

I would guess that you would need to check if the Ground is shared to all the Bulb Holders and splice an additional ground from the wire to some Metalwork.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:54pm
My bad Ian. I only looked at the 1st picture. Ouch  It's a strange one is that. There must be a main Earth wire that goes into the individual bulb holders, he will need to tap into that. Thumbs Up

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:38pm
Hello thank you all for your reply, I'm sorry I'm frenchman and berline=4doors as said by imckay.
each bulb has its earth wire, so I managed to create another earth wire leaving each bulb also but the problem persist.

Another thing, I had an accident a month ego which break the right light, before the accident the right light is similar than the how to one, but now it's what I show you and the left light is similar than in the how to.

conclusion I have different model of rear light, may be the problem come from there.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:31pm
So did you have to cut and splice the wires or was it plug & play?

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 5:39am
Yes Roy, it didn't work.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 5:40am

Yes Roy, it didn't work.

I mean I cut and splice.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:26am
Did you do the Earth Fix on the left one?

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by roy.2 roy.2 wrote:

Did you do the Earth Fix on the left one?

Yes I did the earth fix on both, but not working still have the keep beepingwhen turn right.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:58am
I think given the issues have told us about the car has got confused, and thinks it is towing a trailer, do you have a tow bar? I take it the rear light was damaged during some sort of accident. I am unsure whether there is a satisfactory fix for this, how ever I think if you read the entire thread for this post you will get a better idea of what I am talking about. On page two there is a link to a Russian site that claims to have a solutionThumbs Up

Print Page | Close Window