Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 Keyfob Programming

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58839
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:29pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Keyfob Programming
Posted By: Caixalegend
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 Keyfob Programming
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 4:48pm

There are already several topics which detail a few of these, but I have found yet another variation which works.

Doors closed and UNLOCKED (it doesn't work with them locked), radio off.
Put key in ignition with buttons facing down, you will see why !
Turn key 1st click to 2nd click and back again 8 TIMES within 10 seconds,
(DO NOT START ENGINE) and leave in 1st position.
After 2 seconds, the hazards flash twice showing entry to program mode.
On the keyfob in the ignition, with the buttons now facing you (see),
hold the keys UNLOCK button down while pressing the keys LOCK button 3 times.
Hazards will flash once to show the key is registered.
Remove the key (turn to off first) and insert the next key and turn 1 click.
Repeat the button sequence.
When all keys have been registered, turn to 2nd click and hazards flash twice showing completion.

Entering program mode appears to erase all keys, so gather all together before attempting this.
Sorry if I've not used the correct terminology, someone please correct me f I haven't.

Or, moderators please add this sequence to the relevant 'How to' section.

Good Luck !

Replies:
Posted By: adybramble
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 11:23am
Hi

I have a nissan primera 1997 and have tried reprogramming my key fob after I changed the batteries recently.

I have followed the instructions about turning the ignition on/off getting into the program mode and pressing the unlock/lock bit of my fob, but it still wont register the key fob.

When I lock and unlock the car with the keys, I have the alarm go off.

Can anyone help with anymore advice.

Posted By: alessio72ppp
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:47pm
Hi, i'd like to thank you for your help: my keyfob now works again, even the second one that seem to be over for a long time! Obviously the workaroud "works" only on P12. For previous model in a bit different, but easy to retrive on the web.

THanks!:D

Posted By: Bakerman
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:30pm
This afternoon  I had to repair  one of my fobs. I can now say  you don't have to leave the key in the ignition cilyndre after you entered programming mode.(double flash hazard)
I took the key out and reprogrammed both fobs not having to do complicated fingerworks. Smile

Another discovery I like about my P12. Big smile

Posted By: alexpopa7
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 12:53pm
Hi,

I have a Nissan Primera P12, 2005, with one single key. I would like to program a second one.
However, my question is if is it possible to program a key that has already been programmed to another Nissan Primera P12?

Thanks!

Posted By: Bakerman
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:53pm
Hi,
Programming the keyfobs to open and close the doors and programming a second key to start and drive your Primera are two different things.
Keyfobs you can do easily as described above and in the How To section of NPOC.
Programming the transponder in the key normally is a Nissan job. However, if you only need a key to start and drive your car, a locksmith can copy your working key.
If you want a genuine Primera ignition key with fob to open and close your doors and trunk you can go to Nissan, but it's not cheap. 
Or like I did, I bought myself an OBD2 cable to connect it to the brains of my P12, initially just for fun. But then I discovered Nissan Datascan II software, bought a licence and now I can also program my transponder in the keys. Software and cable are much cheaper then letting Nissan do the job.Big smile

Posted By: fakocityab
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:35am
I just want to program my car key p12 2005 model to unlock and lock my car. Then activate the alarm key for security purposes.

Posted By: Estyfort
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 11:46am
Originally posted by fakocityab fakocityab wrote:

I just want to program my car key p12 2005 model to unlock and lock my car. Then activate the alarm key for security purposes.

This will work for you:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucR5bAN0A64

Posted By: The_Unleashed
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 4:54pm
God bless and happy new year.

Print Page | Close Window