Print Page | Close Window

June 2012 - NPOC @ Japfest

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: 2012 Archive
Forum Discription: Winners from 2012
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=60208
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:22pm

Topic: June 2012 - NPOC @ Japfest
Posted By: NPOC_COTM
Subject: June 2012 - NPOC @ Japfest
Date Posted: 24 May 2012 at 10:23pm
 As we make our traditional change to COTM and do a Club Feature instead - This June 2012 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2012 at Castle Combe (held on May 12th), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERSRockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the Club - THANK YOUClap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal COTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your wordsClap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there. These will be "in this colour"Smile.. There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended JapfestThumbs%20Up.

The NPOC have been attending Japfest since 2005 and this was our 8th showing as a club. Having just checked the Meet Archives, I can confirm that our 1st Japfest together, we had just 3 Primeras on display.. LOOK AT US NOW!Clap We were one of the biggest clubs in attendance and that is all down to the time and effort you all put in - The NPOC is a major player on the Jap Car Meet scene!!

Sadly - Despite attending 8 out of the 10 Japfests ever held, the Japfest Organisers still decided not to make the NPOC part of their 10 year Anniversary celebrations! Pah - Their loss and we still rocked the event anyways!

Dyp: "Brilliant day, great weather, bit sunburnt. You all missed out if you weren't at this one."

CraigC: "Great day and great to meet a few new faces. Cheers to all the organisers and to Tezza who was AWESOME at the lead of the convoy."

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Castle Combe in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:00 and we took up residence as normal, in the Little Chef car park... But bizarrely no one took any photos of us all at the pre-meet (for the 1st time ever), so I'll cheat and steal an image or 2 from the archives, for representation of the fact LOL!:

^^ It looked summing like thatLOL ^^

Taz Taylor: "Just got home. Was a great day all round. Thanks all."

RocketMan: "Had a cracking day and a few beers later on in the evening!"

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Nissan Primeras and convoy to the circuitThumbs%20Up

Special shout out to "Rocketman", who led the convoy on a new route this year and subsequently meant the NPOC encountered no real traffic problems (unlike other clubs).. Well done TezClap

Mad Maru: "Great day indeed and hopefully a even better night ahead for all those that stayed over..."

barrakuda: "What a smashing day it was yesterday, bit disappointed I didn't really get to chat to many peeps, time just sorta flew by and not much of it spent on the stand. Was nice to see a good showing of Nissan Primeras on the track, fair play!"

Once inside we lined up and took our official place on the NPOC Club Stand... A new location this year, with some pros and some cons!

leighzx: "Sunburn and tired, but all good."

Gemz: "Good day as per usual! Thanks to Shaun for taking me in Pinky, along with my bestest. Cars+action+atmosphere+NPOCs good people=wicked day for me, from start to finish. It was my 4th year and best so far. Again thankyou x"

There was plenty to see and do at Japfest 2012 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public) and off course some of the awesome drift demosRockon Here's a look at some of that:

blockingbandit: "Feels like my face is on fire but had a fantastic day worth the 5 am start!"

naughtynorm: "Nice to see you guys."

Let's have an individual look at all the members cars on our Club Stand - Guys and gals, your cars all looked fantasticBow%20Down:

JonGT: "Great day, good to meet everyone and the track time was AWESOME!!"

trigg51: "Had a great day yesterday, good to meet new friends and catch up with old ones. Top track action all day especially the Primeras that went out. Great turnout from the club again, looking forward to JAE as it's the next big meet Ill be at."

Now being a big club, we occasionally have times when our members want to come to Club Meets but their Nissan Primeras want to stay at homeLOL Or even still and a big credit to this club, we have members who used to be Primera owners, who no longer own a Primera but are still very much part of the clubClap I guess what I'm trying to say here is... Members 1st, cars 2nd!! So let's have a look at the other members who were on the stand but not in a Nissan Primera:

shurv: "Awesome day! Thanks to fluff and everyone for organising everything. It was good to catch up with a few old faces and looking forward to the next meet."

Gizz: "Top weekend, great to see everyone again. I can't wait for JAE."

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to some of our members as well!! 5 Nissan Primeras on track and representingClap - Here's a little spotlight for those guys out on track.

Japsniper: Silver with Red front bumper P11
Tickermetcalfe: Mystic hatch P11 (Azev Alloys)
Roy.2: Mystic saloon P11 (Enkei Alloys)
Ray_Ray280: Nordic P11
JonGT: Silver P11

And as a special tribute to Japsniper for his continued representing the NPOC with his cracking VVL Track Primera, at circuits all around the world! And to celebrate his driving skills... Enjoy this video of one of his track sessions at Japfest, filmed from inside his Nissan Primera:

Japsniper: "Enjoyed the day very much. The club had a great outing by showing some great cars and people. Many thanks to Shaun and the team - Outstanding job!"

Ant-Dat: "Fantastic day! I can't wait till next year, maybe have the Datsun on the track."

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster:

roy.2: "Great day yesterday, good to meet everyone again + lots of people I missed."

Sluffer: "I had a fantastic weekend, despite no car or phone. A huge thanks to Shaun and an even bigger thanks to Tom who allowed me to ride shotgun with him down there, after a last minute hiccup in my original plans.

It was great to see all the regulars and to meet the new to me members.

I had a lovely evening with those that stayed over, think this is only the 2nd time in 6 years of staying over that Tom & myself have actually had a sit down meal, we normally end up at Domino's Pizza across the road from the accommodation. 

A huge thanks to everyone for making it a great day / weekend, personally I feel it was my best Japfest meet in 7 years of attending. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars and a look at some of our awesome members faces too!:

Ray_Ray280: "It was an awesome day. I tracked the Primera and was very surprised how well it handled. Met some new faces and had a nice chat to a few people."

So we've seen the Nissan Primeras, the track action, the drift gods and some of the best cars dotted around on other club stands.. Guess we need to check out some of the advertising girliesNinja:

Finishing comments from myself.. 

essNchill: "A big WELL DONE from me to all of you who showed out for this one.. It was a great representation from you guys and gals and the cars all looked great!! An awesome start to the years National Meets / Events scene and you all did the club very proud.

It was fantastic to see the club cars out on track and reminding the crowds of how good the Nissan Primera both looks and performs.

The evening (following the show) was a highlight for me as well... I was with 14 NPOC'rs having a meal and then chilling the night away with some cold pints.

Seriously, if any member ever doubted just how great this club this, get yaself out to one of our club meets like this and then finally you'll realise what we all about. It was nice to meet a lot of 1st timers at this event and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

You lot make this club the success it is - Give yaself a huge pat on the back, look in the mirror and tell yourself just how funking epic you are - Thank you"

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

June 2012 COTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2012

Written by essNchill

Print Page | Close Window