Print Page | Close Window

September 2012 - NPOC @ Japfest 2

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: 2012 Archive
Forum Discription: Winners from 2012
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61833
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:59am

Topic: September 2012 - NPOC @ Japfest 2
Posted By: NPOC_COTM
Subject: September 2012 - NPOC @ Japfest 2
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 1:26am
As a change to our normal COTM and because of the success of the NPOC turnout at Japfest 2 this year, we are doing a Club Feature instead! - This September 2012 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2 at Donington Park (held on July 8th 2012), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERSRockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the Club - THANK YOUClap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal COTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your wordsClap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there. These will be "in this colour"Smile.. There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended JapfestThumbs%20Up.

Japfest 2 is a fairly new event on the yearly National Meets calendar and it's only been held 4 years or so now, we have attended every Japfest 2 show and this year we were one of the biggest clubs in attendance and that is all down to the time and effort you all put in - The NPOC is a major player on the Jap Car Meet scene!!

Primera Dave: "Fantastic day, thanks a lot!!! Being on track was very good fun, a bit nerve racking at first."

Criteria: "Just got back, had a great time despite only 2 hours sleep. Sadly didn't get to meet too many other members but those that I did briefly get to speak to were top guys. I'll make more of an effort to put names to faces at the future meets/shows. Much respect to thoss representing the Primera out on track, I hope to be joining you next year when the GT is ready."

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Donington Park in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:30 and we all met up at the Moto Services on the M1.. This proved to be a popular pre-meet location with a lot of other clubs too and the Services was rocking with lovely Jap machinery everywhere!

prim-n-proper: "It was a great day guys and gals, my first Japfest 2 but not my last."

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Nissan Primeras and convoy to the circuitThumbs%20Up

dopeygti: "Was a good day cheers guys and gals, a bit off a long trek but worth it. My personal thanks to twelve for convoying up with me and essnchill for the convoy back made a long journey easier cheers guys"

Once inside we lined up and took our official place on the NPOC Club Stand:

JonGT: "Great day! Was great meeting many new peeps and my mate Atilla had a blast too, it was his first proper car show etc."

There was plenty to see and do at Japfest 2 2012 but I guess a lot of us go there for the non stop track action (an open track day for Joe Public) and off course some of the awesome drift demos.. Japfest 2 does have a lot more off track events too, compared with other car shows. This year we saw some awesome freestyle mountain biking (zero gravity style) and as well as the drift cars giving taxi rides and out on track, we also had some rally cars getting dirty and giving passenger rides all day long too! Here's a look at some of that:

danmanvellgt: "Hi there boys and girls, it was great to see and chat to some of you, it was my first Japfest 2 and was great. It was great to see the Primeras out on track, I think I will be getting some track time next time. Thanks to you all."

Let's have an individual look at all the members cars on our Club Stand - Guys and gals, your cars all looked fantasticBow%20Down:

Wenchybev: "Lovely day, perfect weather, amazing amount of Primera's and members, so many new faces and old ones, thanks to those who came over and spoke to us. Special thanks to Grim for my parcel, the club for organising a brilliant meet."

jonnygt66: "Well today was my first NPOC meet and I have to say, the best club meet I've been to! Thanks to the members I spoke to for making me welcome. Also thanks to Shaun for organising the meet/tickets etc and anyone else involved. Was great seeing the guys from the club on the track. Look forward to the next meet!"

gtsi: "Top day today!! Both me and my little lad loved every minute of it. Nice to see a load of Primeras in 1 place! A very good bunch of blokes (and lasses) and fair play to the Primera on track kicking ass."

twelve: "Awesome day yesterday. Spent most of it watching the track action but had a chat with some people when I saw them."

Taz Taylor: "The day was great. A brilliant turn out from the club. Thanks to everyone who made the effort. These are hard times for everyone and still these cars keep rolling and still the members keep showing out. Members make the club. NPOC FTW!!!"

Geordie: "Really enjoyed yesterday. It all seemed a bit better organised this year than last, and the directions given to me by the stewards got us straight to our stand without problems, and the area filled up nicely with some lovely, lovely Primeras. The standard of the cars on the stand was as good as I have seen. The awards will be very difficult to judge at JAE this year, that's for sure. It was great to catch up with some members who I haven't seen for ages like. I was going to list a few names, but I know I would miss some out, so I won't. You know who you all are. 

The track action was spectacular, with all the Primeras looking great in every session. I'm not going to pick anyone out individually, as I have huge respect for you all. The constant involvement on the track gave the day a whole new dimension and energy. Well done to all.

Many thanks to all who had nice comments on the wagon, and more thanks from me to all those who took the time out to speak to Cameron, and make him feel part of it all. He is getting to be a regular at our big meets, and becoming quite well known. He loves these meets and that is all down to you guys. Great day, see you all soon hopefully."

Now being a big club, we occasionally have times when our members want to come to Club Meets but their Nissan Primeras want to stay at homeLOL Or even still and a big credit to this club, we have members who used to be Primera owners, who no longer own a Primera but are still very much part of the clubClap I guess what I'm trying to say here is... Members 1st, cars 2nd!! So let's have a look at the other members who were on the stand but not in a Nissan Primera:

And a BIG BIG shout to the 2 Dutch members (Mark & Wout) who drove over to join us, in Marks lovely Silvia:

Japsniper: "Wow guys and girls totally loved today! It was super to meet all you fellow NPOC'ers and out in force. It was a great meet and a big thanks to the Club Owners for the AWESOME discount on tickets."

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to some of our members as well, who took out their Nissan Primeras on track and representedClap - Here's a little spotlight for those guys out on track.

roy.2: "The best ever Japfest 2 by far! A full fun packed day was had by everyone I think. One of the biggest turnout of Primeras I believe. Top marks to everybody who attended and made it such a brill day. A massive thanks to Shaun/G/Ade for setting this up, also to our NCN buddies, Mark & Wooter for coming over. Also enjoyed tracktime sessions with Derek, Jon and Dave."

Mark and his Silvia also went out on track:

sunny1600: "Hi guys (and girls). I wanted to let you all know I had a blast this weekender."

huugoo: "A great big thanks to the NPOC for another awesome weekend in the UK! Hope to see you guys and girls next year at JF1 or 2, with my own car again, to do some tracktime! Take care!"

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster:

kitfar: "Folks, what a day, fantastic and thoroughly enjoyable once again, all NPOC meets always are. So good to see old friends and meet what will be new ones I'm sure, I love the NPOC family!!"

Jonny-Young: "Massive thanks to the Club owners has to be paid on this one as it was a well organised and attended (by NPOC) show and also a cheap one. I had an awesome time and I'm so glad to be back in a Primera after a little hiccup in vehicle ownership. Thanks to all the members for turning out and making the day what it was. Anyways thanks all and see you around."

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars and a look at some of our awesome members faces too!:

saswift: "Thank you NPOC for a great day."

shadow: "A massive thanks to NPOC for an awsome day.. Nice to meet some new faces."

supertourer: "Had a great day yesterday, good to see old and new faces, and a great turn out of Primeras"

Sluffer: "It was another joyous day with my fellow NPOCers. It was nice to meet up with the regulars, the not so regulars and the new to me members. You all made it a special day."

essNchill: "A BIG thanks from me, to all of you who came out for the day and represented the club. It was our biggest turnout ever to Japfest 2 and the standard of cars was simply outstanding!! The standard of members and your guests was also top shelf!

It was a great day out and respect to all of you who put in the time and miles to get there.. Petrol ain't cheap these days and yet it didn't stop you guys and gals from attending.

Nice to meet some new members at this one too, hopefully you all know what we're like as a club.

A massive shout out to the club Primeras who got out onto the track, you guys always make me happy.

Well done NPOC - You did me proud and more importantly, you did the club proud - Top bombing BIG BIG thanks again.

Take care,
Shaun"

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

September 2012 COTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2 2012

Written by essNchill

Print Page | Close Window