Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 Xenon light problem

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74106
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:35pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Xenon light problem
Posted By: K27
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 Xenon light problem
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 10:32am
Hi.
Nissan Primera p12 from 2007, saloon 2.0 petrol.
My right low beam just went off. All the other lights/bulbs are working; position/parking, High beam and indicator.
Have tried to exchange the bulb and igniter/ ballaster from left head lamp, but still no light In the right but light in the left head lamp.
Could it be a relay? If so, where is the relay located?
I really hope someone have suggestions to solve my problem.

Replies:
Posted By: Electrolyte
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 4:24pm
2 relay's ( one for each side ) in relay box in engine compartment behind the washer bottle.
They are the ones closest to the windscreen at each corner of the box. The one in the middle is for the horn.

The headlamps are controlled by lighting switch which is built into the combination switch.

Power is supplied at all times

to lighting switch terminal 8  through 15A fuse (No. 41, located in the fuse and fusible link box) and to lighting switch terminal 5 through 15A fuse (No. 42, located in the fuse and fusible link box) and to headlamp LH relay terminal 3 through 20A (Gasoline engine models) or 15A (Diesel engine models) fuse (No. 37, located in the fuse and fusible link box) and to headlamp RH relay terminal 3 through 20A (Gasoline engine models) or 15A (Diesel engine models) fuse (No. 36, located in the fuse and fusible link box).

-------------
If in doubt give it a clout!

Posted By: petterg
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 5:44pm
There are two different setups for xenon low beam. If you live in DK as in Denmark you may have the same as we have in norway. If so, your light switch has three positions: AUTO (low beams turns on when engine is started, turns off with engine), PARKING, and ON (independent of ignition key position).
If you have one of those, the power to the low beams go two different paths for AUTO and for ON. Only ON is going through a relay. So, if the relay is the problem, your low beam will work in AUTO and not in ON. In AUTO power is provided via a control unit located under the side panel next to the drivers feet. If that control unit is broken, your low beams will not work in AUTO, but they will still work in ON.
If your lights is not working in any of those positions, the fault is probably in the lamp unit or wires near the lamp unit.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 5:56pm
FSM page LT27/28 shows the circuit and names the mentioned control unit "Daytime light control unit". PG103 shows its location.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 12:29am
Thanks a lot for the fast answerings from DK .
I really appreciate the helpfullnes on this site. I will try to go on with the suggestions given me.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 12:36am
Yes I am from Denmark. Thanks for your describtions. I am sure they are valuable in my further searching for a solution of the problem with the low beam light.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 9:54pm
It was the ballast underneath the headlamp unit which was the problem. Got a new one and it works,- but only when I turn on the the light manually. When I turn on the engine (auto) there is no light. So the problem must be the control unit next to the drivers feet, - as you said. I have tried to remove the sidepanel but i can still not find the unit. Is it next to the clutch pedal?
Thanks

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 10:27pm
Yes. Close to the floor. Just pull off the side panel, and you'll see the box.

Posted By: bror
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:04pm
I realize that this is an old post. But I had a problem with the lights on my (Swedish) 2005. 

When I turned the engine on only the left headlight worked. The right one was dead. 

When I turned on the lights manually both headlights worked.

After reading this thread I took off the panel by the drivers feet and could dismount the "Daytime light control unit".

When I took it apart it was clear that one of the three relays had more or less burned, the plastic had partly melted. Probably the result from bad contact in the relay resulting in sparks. 
I bought a new relay for approximately 2 Euro and now the lights works as it should again.

The "Daytime light control unit" is a fairly uncomplicated thing with very few components, so if you are having problems with it: Take it apart and have a look. In my case it was easy to see what the problem was, even though I'm far from a professional when it comes to electronics.

Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:37pm
Well done bror for fixing your problem. Thumbs Up
5 years to make your 1st post,.................. must be a stalker. LOL
Welcome to NPOC. Handshake

-------------
Roy

Posted By: toensberg
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 5:37pm
Hi, I just posted my problems to this list. I have exactly the opposit problem;
Daytime, both HID lights is on.
Nighttime, left one lights, right one goes off.
I found one relay in the relaybox which works with the left light.
I have mixed all those similar relays and they all works with the left light, so they are probably ok.
Are there a spesific relay also for the right HID light ?
Thanks
Terje
Norway

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:32pm
On page LT28 you'll find that in night-mode, RH low beam and LH low beam go via individual relays and individual fuses. On page LT32 it looks like thees are labled 36 (RH fuse), 37 (LH fuse), E14 (LH relay), E20 (RH relay). Fuses are 15A on diesel engine models, 20A on petrol models.

If relay and fuses are ok, the next place to look is the high/low beam switch.

From your name, it looks like we're neighbors. Bor ved Husvikveien.

Posted By: toensberg
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:35pm
Hi Petter
Thanks for your comments.
I have seen those pages, in fact I have all this printed out on paper.
Those 2 fuses for low beam are marked on the top on the fuse box, but I cannot find any markings for the relay box. All relays seems to be okey though, and I have located the relay for the right low beam, but where/which is the relay for the right low beam ? (There is no clicking sound from any other relays, so there is obviously no signals)
As you suggest the problem may be in the high/low switch when in night position....?
(My front foglights will not come on either, fuse and bulbs are ok, so the switch may have other issues too)

You are right, we are as good as neighbors. 
Maybe we could have a chat and share these things ?
Jeg bor i Gamle Kongevei 26, 3170 Sem.Smile

Terje Stendal

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 6:27am
Have a look at page PG-93 for a diagram of the fusible link box and more

Posted By: carmona
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 8:49am
hello
the post is relevant.
Im looking for the "day light control unit"

and all I have funde is relay-25230-9f905snd Im not sure its the unit.

I hope for help.
add some pic'

p12 2007 2.0

carmi

-------------
damn...

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 8:51am

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/howto-post-pictures-using-imgur_topic74431.html

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 8:59am
[QUOTE=carmona] hello
the post is relevant.
Im looking for the "day light control unit"

and all I have funde is relay-25230-9f905snd Im not sure its the unit.

I hope for help.
add some pic'

CARMI
p12 2007 2.0

-------------
damn...

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 9:01am

DAYTIME LIGHT OPERATION

When the engine running, the lighting switch in the OFF position, power is supplied

l from alternator terminal 3

l to daytime light control unit terminal 8, and

l from daytime light control unit terminal 2

l through daytime light control unit terminal 5

l to terminal of LH headlamp

l from daytime light control unit terminal 3,

l through daytime light control unit terminal 4

l to terminal of RH headlamp, and

l from daytime light control unit terminal 1

l through daytime light control unit terminal 10

Ground is supplied to terminal 2 of each headlamp through body grounds E10 and E58.

I'm not sure where it is located but looking at the wiring diagram Page LT20 in the ESM it will have  a 2No 6 wire  connectors and two earths to it

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 9:17am
thanks for the reply.

i was striping down the driver interior and cold not fund any unit as the diagram in ESM but my model is whit no xenon lights. it's the "conventional type".

i have realy no idea where to look for.

my front day light not working and the tail light. also the consoul not shift to night mode while i'm cminge the lights to on...

-------------
damn...

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:01am
is yours a north European model or Japanese import? Have you checked your fuses? Nos 32, 42 41 10 21

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:02am
And the daytime relay

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:28am
Are you asking the location of the daylight control unit/relay? It's in front of the drivers door. Just open the wall panel next to your left leg when sitting in the drivers seat. (LHD models)

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

is yours a north European model or Japanese import? Have you checked your fuses? Nos 32, 42 41 10 21

north European (england)

all fuses are good.

probbely it dun't have daytime control unit in my p12 model.

the headlights working perfet but the daytime light not respond.

-------------
damn...

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by petterg petterg wrote:

Are you asking the location of the daylight control unit/relay? It's in front of the drivers door. Just open the wall panel next to your left leg when sitting in the drivers seat. (LHD models)

I have fund thet relay and replace it and nothing working.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QQzTkrQ-cuYkTXJecGaYcSdvzaFLGmWq

just copy the link and you can see it. its on my goggle drive

its multi purpose realy. not "day light control unit"

-------------
damn...

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 4:07am
Is it broken or did your car not have daytime lights when it was new?
Did it have xenon headlamps when new?

Which car is it? year? engine? transmission?

Print Page | Close Window