Print Page | Close Window

How-To: Post pictures using Imgur

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Forum Announcements & Help
Forum Discription: Announcements & Help Only
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74431
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:38am

Topic: How-To: Post pictures using Imgur
Posted By: FriedGold
Subject: How-To: Post pictures using Imgur
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 7:45pm
Imgur is, at time of writing, the best hosting site for posting to forums. It's fast and super easy. You can post there without registering if you just want to add a few pictures to a post or you can register (for free) to keep track of pictures and to give you more functionality.

Quick upload:
If you just want to share a couple of pictures you can do so with no signup.

1. Go to http://imgur.com" rel="nofollow - imgur.com  and click the blue button:

2. Either drag and drop, or click and find your pictures:

3. The selected pictures will appear at the bottom:

4. Hit the button to start the upload

5. Once it's done you will see your picture and some options on a sidebar.

6. If the picture is quite big (like a photo taken with a modern phone or camera) you can click the link to edit the picture where you have some simple options for rotating and re-sizing. I recommend around 960 width.

7. You need to press More on the sharing section to see the BBCode option which is what you want for posting on this forum

8. Just copy the text from the BBCode box and paste it in your forum post. Job done!

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: FriedGold
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 7:47pm
Bulk uploading including resizing all pictures:
If you want to upload lots of photos at once such as after a meet, the best way is to sign up for Imgur (free) as this gives you more features and you can keep track of your pictures. Once you have signed up, the process is as below:

1. Click your username in the top right and select 'images' from the top of the list

2. The toolbar on the right will show options for uploading.

BEFORE UPLOADING you should fill out the two boxes; Add to album and Auto resize.

3. In the album box select 'New album' and give it a name. You can also select how it displays and whether it is public (people searching imgur can see it), hidden (people must have a direct link to see it) or secret (only you can see it). For forum photos I would suggest hidden.

4. In the resize box, I suggest 800x600 for sharing on the forum.

5. Now you can either drag and drop your pictures into your browser, or use the 'computer' button to browse and select them. Remember you can select multiple when doing this.

6. Imgur will list and begin processing your images. Grab a cuppa and wait.

7. Once they are all uploaded you will see a summary area at the top. Click the View Image Info button

8. In the drop-down box select Generate Image Links. Imgur will then ask you to select the images you want to link. You can tick individual ones or click and drag a box over multiple:

9. If you have more than one page of images just drag over them all, click to the next page and do it again. Imgur will append the selection.

10. Now hit the done button

11. You will see a box with links. You need to change these to BBCode links for the forum so click the middle drop-down box and choose that option

12. The box will now contain all the links, ready to go. Click the copy button, go to NPOC and paste the text into your post.

13. You are done. Hope this was helpful.

By the way, it's pronounced Image-er

-------------

Posted By: prim-n-proper
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 7:57pm
well it sounds simple enough ......... which means I'll fail miserably trying to use it LOL

thanks for the guide Clap

-------------
COTM: MAY 2006 P11 GT
COTM: MAY 2009 P11 SLX+
COTM: AUG 2012 P11 WAGON
LAST EVER COTM: NOV 2013 P10 eGT

Your "other car" might be newer, but it don't make it better than a P chassis.*PNP17*

Posted By: p11primeragt
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 8:06pm
Good how to Tim.

Using Flickr is just the same process btw.

-------------

Posted By: Sluffer
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:59pm
Cheers for this Tim, think I might give it a whirl over the coming week.

-------------
It is much better to have loved and lost a sheep, than it is to have never loved one at all.

Posted By: IonicOwl
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 12:03am
You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you it used to be even easier than that.  Since Imgur's recent popularity as a meme site, it's gone all clunky and functionality has declined.  I still think it's the best free image host out there though.  Hate seeing dead links from Photobucket or ImageShack.

-------------

Posted By: RS Tom-Hundred
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 12:00pm
This is awesome!  Thanks Tim!  Just done it for the wheel pictures in my thread and will do it for Japfest ones later.  It's even easier than the Notepad+ method.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window