Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P11 Key Fob Reprogram

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75804
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:54am

Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Key Fob Reprogram
Posted By: d60_tag
Subject: Nissan Primera P11 Key Fob Reprogram
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 7:29pm
I had 1 Keyfob that was working and have another spare that I presumed needed re-programming. They are the same type and frequency.
I followed the instructions to re-program ...
  http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-p11-144-p12-reprogram-your-keyfobs_topic10148.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-p11-144-p12-reprogram-your-keyfobs_topic10148.html

The one that did not work and now the working one does not work as well as the new one! Disapprove

What may I have done wrong? I see the indicators flash twice as it says in the guide.

Any ideas advice on why it doesn't work and how to get it working again? Now the original Fob doesn't work either!

-------------
1999 1.6 GA16DE Primera Wagon, 92K

Replies:
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 7:36pm
When I am in programming mode (2 indicator flashes) ... I then hold the unlock button(Black) down and press the red button 3 times, then I release the black button... says the indicator should flash once... It doesn't flash at all. Tried this about 5 times and as said now neither Fob works! aaargh.

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 7:50pm
Managed to sort it! Both now working, Tongue
problem was that it wasn't picking up the signal from the Fob (when I held black button and then pressed red button 3 times), then indicators should flash once, they didn't as said... Tried it outside of car and instantly it picked up the signal(indicators flashed once), did it on the other Fob also and that to flashed once.
Tried it and both working perfect.
Thanks for the guide BTW, NPOC!

-------------
1999 1.6 GA16DE Primera Wagon, 92K

Posted By: p11primeragt
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 7:52pm
Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 8:06pm
Yea- was abit worried there p11primeragt for a while! Haha, all good now.

After trawling the threads at NPOC, I saw maybe a few references to similar issues, where as re-programming just wasn't 'having it'.

Just wondering if others like me tried to do this from within the car rather than being outside, seems like the signal works much better outside, well it did on mine. Must have tried it 8 times from inside and it did not work but the second I stepped outside the car, it worked instantly.

Another reason they may not work is that sometimes people could probably have the wrong type frequency Fob, 3 different types(frequencies) apparently and sometimes the sticker on the back of keyfob may have worn off or the print worn away. Luckily my fob was badly worn(the sticker on the back was almost unreadable) but I got a magnifying glass and justabout managed to read the worn frequency sticker, so could get that type.

Could be a good idea for other owners to make a note of their fobs frequency, so if you do need to get another/ replace then you will be able to get the right type, rather than guessing and hoping it may work, when it has a 66% chance of NOT working, should you get the wrong one of the 3 types!

Posted By: RS Tom-Hundred
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 10:18am
Yeah, I found it a bit hit or miss on the 144 I had (JB) but it worked eventually and glad you sorted this and have two working fobs now Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Popes66
Date Posted: 01 May 2016 at 12:16pm
I`m a little lost. I got a Primera Activ just yesterday. My key fob has just a "top for open,bottom for lock" . I have fitted a new battery and checked the terminals were clean. But it won`t work. Do I just use the key and turn the lock or is there hope?

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Popes66 Popes66 wrote:

I`m a little lost. I got a Primera Activ just yesterday. My key fob has just a "top for open,bottom for lock" . I have fitted a new battery and checked the terminals were clean. But it won`t work. Do I just use the key and turn the lock or is there hope?

Haa ha- I think probably is some hope, well lets hope so!

Am I correct in thinking the 'Activ' was a later type P11 like the P11-144? about 2000-2002 thereabouts?
So you got this car and the Keyfob does not work? and for now you are having to use the key to lock/open....

If this is the case then it 'could' be that the keyfob just needs re-coding to the NATS(Security System) on your car OR it could be that the keyfob is faulty or maybe at worse and maybe most unlikely the wrong type(frequency).

Neither should be too much of an issue, even if the keyfob is faulty, then replacements can be had for about £10 (or less even) on the famous auction site and you just re-code that to your car.

So first I would try re-coding the existing Fob to your car to see if it is faulty or not. Very likely that as you removed/ replaced the batterys it now needs re-coding anyway.
http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-p11-144-p12-reprogram-your-keyfobs_topic10148.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-p11-144-p12-reprogram-your-keyfobs_topic10148.html

My P11 too just had the 2 button fob (Red lock / Black open)... I followed the instructions in above link and it worked. May I add- I had to stand OUTSIDE the car when I pressed the red button 3 times and then released the black button to make the directional indicators flash once or maybe twice, which is the signal that you have correctly coded the fob to the NATS. I think also maybe then turn ignition off and the back o(no need to start), then off and test fob.

Take note on the guide, of the different methods for different types, it could be that your Fob relates to set C, which is a slightly different procedure to set A/B. I think my P11 related to set C and possibly yours may.

I printed out the guide and took it to the car whilst re-coding the Fob.

Hope this helps, see how you get on.

Date Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:57pm
It may look a little confusing / longwinded by this thread, as I have been 'banging on' about frequency types etc amongst other things.
Just follow and study the guide and have a go, with abit of luck you will probably work it out, like I did. Remember it 'MAY' help if you step out of car when you press RED button 3 times and then release black button. Mine would not work when I sat in car(tried it about 8 times) but the second I did it from outside the car it worked immediately.

Posted By: BangorPrimera
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 7:37pm
Thank you very much.

This helped me!

Came out of Lidl this morning and couldn't open the car. Bipper not working.

Key won't go in drivers door (seems there is a bar or plate that stops it inserting all the way) but opens the boot no issue (as there is a fault). So 6'2" 22 stone idiot clambered through car inelegantly to try to get key in ignition with horn blaring to see if ignition would solve locking - it did.

Incidentally pressing the unlock button as I did extended the horn blaring a little for that beep.

Still no joy once in. Dead in fact for both lock and unlock. Thought I should test batteries anyway and got mugged off by Halfords 4 quid each for two 1620 button batteries (should be £1 each). No joy. (Still at least I have spare batteries now.)

Read the reprogramming guide on here and thought it couldn't be that simple.

Spoke to nearest Nissan dealer and man suggested reprogramming key fob and kindly suggested such guides are on interweb FOC so I relayed these instructions that were confirmed.

Sat in the car and tried to program multiple times - no joy (lights flashed at end of 6 on/offs, etc.)

Read this and tried again outside vehicle, drivers door - BINGO!!!

You're all diamonds so finally registered on the site.

A thought occurred to me that maybe some tech in the supermarket, near the till, screwed the fob programming. Though I'm in and out of there often... Odd.

Cheers.

-------------
I am North Wales coordinator for the Alliance of British Drivers www.abd.org.uk - please consider joining if you value your motoring freedom.

Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 8:22pm
Well done Giles Thumbs Up  and welcome to NPOC   Handshake

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by BangorPrimera BangorPrimera wrote:

Thank you very much.

This helped me!
...  Read this and tried again outside vehicle, drivers door - BINGO!!!

You're all diamonds so finally registered on the site.
Cheers.

Nice one- yes, mine was the same, hence the post- tried about 10 times inside no luck but once outside worked as it should- instant.

For sure some helpful amd friendly people on here who are happy to share information and knowledge.
Thumbs Up

Print Page | Close Window