Print Page | Close Window

Nissan primera p12 dci reverse camera black screen

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78177
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:33am

Topic: Nissan primera p12 dci reverse camera black screen
Posted By: rajah99
Subject: Nissan primera p12 dci reverse camera black screen
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 10:58pm
Hi
I have a 2005 p12 dci sve with reverse camera. For many years I used to get a blank screen on the reverse camera. The yellow warning text should still appear. After I changed the battery in the car the problem completely solved. I have had no problems for 2 years now. Recently the problem has reappeared. The battery was brand new and only 2 years old. It couldn't be the battery again could it? There light in the battery is green indicating no problems.

A mechanic recently pointed out my earth cable was loose or broken when fixing an engine mount. Could it be that? I don't have any problems starting the car.

If the battery is issue, can I take it out and fully charge it with mains overnight?

Replies:
Posted By: p11primeragt
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 11:03pm
I would fix the loose earth first. As it will cause problems even if it's not now.

The battery ,must be ok if it's starting ok and the indicator is showing green still.

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 11:59pm
+1 to the above, your battery charger will no doubt give a an indication of its condition

Posted By: campbell1987
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 11:55am
Fix that earth mate, Ya dont want the same problems ive had believe me, I ended up needing to replace the whole ECU kit which was a pain, Prevention is better than cure

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 3:01pm
Thanks for the feedback guys. Mechanic told me it was the strap that connects the engine block to chassis. I try to ask for a new one at parts shop but guy wants to know what length it is and what kind of ends it has. Mechanic is a fair drive away, would anyone here know what those details are?

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:50pm
discovered the earth/negative cable on the p12 is a single unit from the battery negative terminal. in the middle it connects to the gearbox, then it continues and connects to the chassis. its this latter bit that is broken. is this a dealer only part?

http://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/product/Cable_Assy-Battery_Earth_24080AU205
its £65 !

im not having any electrical problems currently. could i get a generic braided earth cable and connect the gearbox to chassis separately?

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:23pm
A generic earth cable with the appropriate connectors should doThumbs Up

Print Page | Close Window