Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P11 GT suspension questions

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78611
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:52pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P11 GT suspension questions
Posted By: Wotan87
Subject: Nissan Primera P11 GT suspension questions
Date Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:11pm
Hello, everyone.

I am starting to renovate my Nissan P11 GT and I stumbled upon some obstacles along the way.
First off, my shocks are in need of replacement. So I was thinking of getting my self a whole package including Eibach lowering springs, and koni shocks to go with them. The problem is I only found front shocks from koni in their catalogue. I have a friend with an STW who had yellow koni mounted several years ago, he gave me part numbers for reference, but I heard that yellow koni are not manufactured anymore and indeed I had no results with the part numbers he gave me. In their catalogue it appears red/orange ones, but as I said- front only. So this is the first problem, and I ask: Can you clear the water with maybe alternative numbers for koni suspension front and rear that will go on my GT?
Couple of days ago my Spoilers brake light stopped working. It was already due  replacement, cause of the crack it has in the middle and I wanted to replace it either way. So, naturally I got the part number, but guess what... Nothing shows up, apart from few russian sites. Where can I find/buy this brake light? The dealership in my country, will rip my head off, and I hope I can avoid purchasing from them.

Thank you in advance. Sorry, if this isnt the right place to post this thread.

Cheers,
Max from Bulgaria.

Replies:
Posted By: ady_c
Date Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:21pm
Hello Max

Yes it is correct koni have stopped manufacturing rear shocks for the primera.

Lucky I sourced a set from a koni dealer in Italy ( last set)

Great shocks esp when decent lowering springs are used

Ady

Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 4:20pm
Hello, again

Thanks for replying Ady.
Can you guys suggest shocks that can go well with the 30 mm Eibach lowering springs? I see some people use Tein? Any specific model? Recommendations are welcome and appreciated. I am currently running on 16 inch 7J ET40 OEM Nissan rims. Keep in mind I still haven't bought the Eibach springs, cause I haven't decided on shocks, so if anyone has better suggestion, would be appreciated. Of course being within the same budget as buying koni shocks + Eibach springs.
https://goo.gl/photos/jmEJR578ynrF8nUGA" rel="nofollow - Picture for reference.

Thank you in advance.
Cheers.

Posted By: mattsix
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:07pm
Look at the kyb range of shocks for sale.
I think their better ones are kyb agx adjustables or the gold sport.

Posted By: ady_c
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:26pm
Bilstein b4 oem replacement or B6 for upgrade road / track use

Posted By: p11primeragt
Date Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:21pm
Bilstein with eibach pro kit would be my choice.

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:57am
Thank you everyone for your input. I did some research and seems like b4 is within my price range at the moment. Can anyone share part numbers for rear and front bilstein b4 shocks for Primera p11 GT sedan.
Thank you in advance.

ps. We have Bilstein partners here in my country, and it turns out we use big discount with them.
ps2. Talked to Nissan dealership yesterday about my third brake light-  190 euros. Would be cheaper to get me a whole spoiler.

Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:59am
Sorry for double posting, but cannot find an edit button.
So, I found the part numbers, and called the local partner and comparing to online sellers, they gave me a better offer, 390 euros for the whole b6 set. Unfortunately they couldn't offer me rear b4 shocks, unable to deliver them or something- which seemed strange cause they are the official partner in my country. Another bump on the road is if I am to order the b6 shocks, I have to wait at least a month, cause they are currently unavailable in their store.

https://i.gyazo.com/e421d6f9034bcb1054b621a9210a7a27.png" rel="nofollow - Bilstein PN
If someone can confirm that those are the correct numbers for GT- thanks.

While we are at it, can I ask if someone can confirm the part number I have for the Eibach Pro kit? 
E6336-140

Thank you in advance.

Posted By: mattsix
Date Posted: 04 May 2017 at 8:20pm
Kyb ultra-sr would be my choice.

Date Posted: 05 May 2017 at 12:38pm
Hi, Mattsix.
Thanks for to input. For the moment, I am focusing on getting the bilstein + eibach combo, if something goes wrong will consider other combinations.

Can someone confirm I have the correct part numbers for Bilstein and Eibach from the post above?

ps. Primera P11 GT saloon

Cheers.

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 05 May 2017 at 6:07pm
The part numbers for the B6 shocks check out as fine.. If I had a P11 GT Saloon, I'd happily buy them.

Date Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:27am
Hey, guys.
Anyone currently using Bilstein b6 shocks on their GT?
I have  one-two questions, if you could PM me that would be great.

Thank you.

Print Page | Close Window