Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 2006 suction control valve

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79459
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 7:50am

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2006 suction control valve
Posted By: terryfoxpoint
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 2006 suction control valve
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 11:51am
New to this forum.

I just need to know if my car has any SUCTION CONTROL VALVE,or something like that,and if,where its located.Its a petrol version.

Terry

Replies:
Posted By: p11primeragt
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 11:55am
Not got one if it's a petrol engine.

-------------

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 12:34pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

What Brian saysThumbs Up sound advice

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 12:43pm
No wonder I could not find any in the electronic manual.Tongue

Terry

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 12:49pm
I have now changed the MAF,and the "stutter" seems to have dissappeard,but the engine warning ligh (yellow) is still on,Does it need to be reset or is something still wrong?

Terry

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 1:39pm
What engine is it? If it's a 1.8l it will be the cam chain at fault.

-------------

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 2:33pm
The faults remain in Memory for a period of Time and will cause the Light to come on.
Usually a few Days to a Week for it to clear itself. Depends on Distance and type of Driving.

Or you can manually reset to see if it has cleared.
http://www.npoc.co.uk/Forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/Forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:16pm
,The "stuttering" is backConfused,I drove in a long queue back from from town,very slow and I lost power,and the car almost came to a stop.Anyone been in a similar situation?
The car is a Nissan Primera Hatchback P12 2006 model.(Petrol)

Terry

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:23pm
Have you read the error code?

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html

when you do it correctly just count the flashes of the light it will give a repeating sequence of four digits, 10 flashes representing zero

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:40pm
I had 3 error codes. ,for the ignition coils, the MAF,and the fuel pump.I have changed the ignition coils,the MAF,but not yet the fuel pump,so maybe its time to do that too.The funny thing is after the ignition coil change,it was running well,for like a day,but then the "stutter" came back,same after changing the MAF,running perfectly,drove into town,had an hour break and as soon as I reached the queue on the highway,driving slow it started to stutter again,Its a 2.0 L engine 140cv

Terry

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:26pm
Good news it's not the cam chain then.

You may find once the pump is cool again it runs better. Classic sign of a faulty fuel pump.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:23pm
Any other devices between the fuelpump (in the fueltank) and the engine that could cause the stutter?

Terry

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:30pm
How about disconnecting the battery while I change the fuel pump,any problems with that,..radio code,GPS etc?

Terry

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:45pm
Only the fuel filter.Change that also.Yes before going into the tank remove the fuel pressure by taking out the fuel pump fuse and then crank the engine over till it stalls.Also remove the fuel filler cap.Disconnecting the battery always a good idea.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 9:40pm
I thought the fuel filter was inside the fuel pump assembly.So there is a fuel filter somewhere along the tubes to the engine? I have googled that,and cant find any other answers that the fuel filter is inside the fuel assembly that is inside the fuel tank.

Terry

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 9:57pm
Just the one built in the pump/sender unit.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 10:12pm
So if I change the whole fuel pump assembly unit,the one that is lowered into the fuel tank,theres no more filters to be changed? ( I got a full fuel pump assembly as a spare one)

Terry

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:13am
Correct

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:57am
I just want to thank you, (p11primeragt), for your advice.I just changed the pump/sender unit and all seems to work fine.I reset the error code,and the engine warning light never came on again,so I hope this solved the problem.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:36am
Excellent 👍

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 4:28pm
Sorry to say,but the stuttering is back,Only when I am just standing still,or drive slowly,it so weird that no one can find the reason.I have changed the ignition coils,MAF sensor and fuel assebly.Any ideas ,anyone?

Print Page | Close Window