Print Page | Close Window

rear end nissan p12

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: New Members
Forum Discription: Say hello and introduce yourselves!
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79475
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:33am

Topic: rear end nissan p12
Posted By: daved james
Subject: rear end nissan p12
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:31pm
hi can u help bad rattle rear end Cry nissan p12 1.8

Replies:
Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:49pm
Exhaust heat shield is loose, remove it

Posted By: absniper66
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:47pm
Hi,

I'm guessing I have the same problem on my P12 1.8 Primera. Small plate just above the joint in the Exhaust for the Read exhaust box. 

You suggest taking it off, but what was the purpose of it in the first place in that part of the car. I can see part of mine has rusted away from one of the fixing bolt points on the plate, so it rattles when I start the car from cold.

Happy to get it removed if not required.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:06pm
I hear what you are saying and agree with where your thought process is going, however it appears that with so many people having got rid of them and all advice from garages to remove them when the fixings rot that it results in no damage, so takes your choice.

Posted By: p11primeragt
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:10pm
You could drill it (being careful not to drill into any wiring etc)and put a self tapper in it with a flat washer,that would stop it from rattling.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by p11primeragt p11primeragt wrote:

You could drill it (being careful not to drill into any wiring etc)and put a self tapper in it with a flat washer,that would stop it from rattling.
He could Brian, while he is at it he may as well look at the rest as I guarantee the rest of the fixings are shot.. If you do do that just be careful not just with hitting something else but the damn thing is heavy if you are working on it above you

Posted By: absniper66
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 6:14pm
Thanks, everyone, the car in for service soon, so I shall get the offending lump removed.

Print Page | Close Window