Print Page | Close Window

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: New Members
Forum Discription: Say hello and introduce yourselves!
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79838
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:29am

Topic: New member
Posted By: thechunkyblackcat
Subject: New member
Date Posted: 01 May 2018 at 8:50pm
Joined this afternoon. Put a post on. Didnt't read the rules and my post was removed, presumably because i asked more than 1 question? Bit severe and not friendly. Rules are rules i guess but now i feel rather unwanted. Had a reply but that has disappeared also. So i'll enjoy my new primera all by myself.

Replies:
Posted By: **See Admin**
Date Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:34pm
I think you had your phone number on view ? I'm sure one of the admin team can tell you why. Please don t let that put you off , we are a wealth of information here

-------------

Posted By: ragt20
Date Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by naughtynorm naughtynorm wrote:

I think you had your phone number on view ? I'm sure one of the admin team can tell you why. Please don t let that put you off , we are a wealth of information here

nah..wrong again...the post was deemed to be fishing for parts, as you know there is strictly no trading outside the trading areas ...and anything that shows signs of that will be removed..its all there in the rules..

-------------
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK

Posted By: Janner
Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:45am
I've been a member for 10 + years. I remember I nearly got banned in my first week on npoc because I didn't read the rules and kept asking the wrong questions in the wrong sections. We run a tight ship here because it keeps things in order and helps when searching for information. :)

Posted By: TheStigP11GT
Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:29am
Been a member for 15 years or so and had my wrist slapped a few times too, still an amazing community, the tight ship makes it a good community. 

-------------
---Current Cars---
Primera GT - SR20VE.N1 / Qashqai 1.5 N-Tec K9K / Pulsar 1.5 N-Tec K9K
http://www.neovvl.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.neovvl.com

Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 1:31pm
Yes, i did put my phone number on there and yes, i asked for a bit of primera and some advice. Put the thread on not realising there were lots of rules etc. Might have been nicer to have a message telling me where i'd gone wrong rather than just removing the post. All its succeeded in doing is alienating a new member rather than welcoming them.

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 1:46pm
Welcome Again (I replied to your post Yesterday - Suspect the non-Return Valve)

Don't let it put you off. Great info and help available on here.
Very friendly place.

Start all posts in General Section with Nissan Primera P11 and no Trading are the main ones to remember.

Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:07pm
Thanks imckay. I'll try not to sin again. Not a good start though. Maybe i should have got that lovely bmw from the nice man in the baseball cap instead?

Posted By: Stevie-Boy
Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:31pm
Welcome to the club. Sorry you didn't enjoy the start but hopefully you will feel the love soon.

I know speaking for myself, back in the day, we used to be more like a warm soft cuddle, I'd spend time writing happy but apologetic messages to new members instructing why I'd removed their thread. I'm sorry to say in many cases I'd receive a mouthful of abuse about being a nazi or similar and over time, that got a little tedious and we moved to just doing the necessary.

As mentioned above, I can see the thread was removed because of the requesting of parts, which is not permitted in this section, rather than asking questions or anything like that. We do have to be strict about this because we can't have one rule for one and not for another.

That's done now anyway so I hope you enjoy the forums and can find all the information you need about your new car. We're a jolly bunch here and you sir are very welcome Thumbs Up.

-------------
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R

Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 5:22pm
Thank you.feeling more loved now.shame i can't access several of the sections of the forum - these are for paying premium members, right? How do i attach pics of my new ride?

Date Posted: 02 May 2018 at 6:07pm
The other sections are for paid members yes. This section talks about why you might want to do that, have a flick at your leisure and see what you think:

http://npoc.co.uk/forum/join-the-npoc_forum31.html" rel="nofollow - http://npoc.co.uk/forum/join-the-npoc_forum31.html

Do you use any sort of photo hosting tool such as imgur? The idea is you host your pictures elsewhere and then use links here to the pictures. Let us know if this is not something you're familiar with.

Have a read of this thread which explains the tech and the theory of it:

http://npoc.co.uk/forum/howto-post-pictures-using-imgur_topic74431.html" rel="nofollow - http://npoc.co.uk/forum/howto-post-pictures-using-imgur_topic74431.html

-------------
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R

Posted By: schwen
Date Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by TheStigP11GT TheStigP11GT wrote:

Been a member for 15 years or so and had my wrist slapped a few times too, still an amazing community, the tight ship makes it a good community. 

Been a member for 10 years and the staff kicks my arse almost very day...

C'mon guys you've been very dramatic!

Welcome to the forums

-------------
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11

Posted By: surreyGT
Date Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by thechunkyblackcat thechunkyblackcat wrote:

Thank you.feeling more loved now.shame i can't access several of the sections of the forum - these are for paying premium members, right? How do i attach pics of my new ride?

Welcome to the forum.
Funnily enough I had the same experience as you, came along, and as a member of loads of other forums did not expect to see all my post being deleted for what seemed like perfectly reasonable posts! (I didnt read the rules as I never had on any other forum before).

But give it another go, the rules might seem a bit over the top at first but actually it makes sense, and these guys running the forum do a super job.
There is so much info on here that if you are a new owner its well worth the small fee to get access to. 

I've been in the motor trade on and off for over 25 years but still get some great info on here.

Whats your new car?

My current fleet is mainly BMW's but I have found space for some old Nissans, currently there is:
P10 GT 1996 totally original 2 owners 100k miles
P11 GT 1998 3 owners, I've been using it in standard form as a track car but it now has a couple of track upgrades
P1144 2.0 auto,, 2 owners, low mileage, looks like like new in fact it looks like it came straight out the Nissan Heritage press fleet! A fab engine strangled by a silly gearbox but still an interesting car.

Welcome and enjoy!

-------------
in the garage
P11 GT back on road/track
P10 eGT immaculate road car
BMW 130i sport (for wife)
350 Z new track car 2003
Swift GTi mk2 racing car 89'
Celica St162 GT coupe 1988
Several other 3.0 BMW's

Date Posted: 03 May 2018 at 9:27pm
The new ride is a 1998 dark met green p11 2.0 auto 5 door. 103 k miles, full history. No rust & excellent interior. Drives really well. Other cars are 2015 mx-5, 1976 datsun 260z, 1986 nissan sunny coupe & 1972 honda n600.

Posted By: surreyGT
Date Posted: 03 May 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by thechunkyblackcat thechunkyblackcat wrote:

The new ride is a 1998 dark met green p11 2.0 auto 5 door. 103 k miles, full history. No rust & excellent interior. Drives really well. Other cars are 2015 mx-5, 1976 datsun 260z, 1986 nissan sunny coupe & 1972 honda n600.

Thats a nice collection of rare Jap cars you have! Share some photos or links to the 260z and the little Honda.
Is that Honda anything like the little fast-back S800's they used to rally/race I think they could rev to 9000 revs or something crazy like that.

-------------
in the garage
P11 GT back on road/track
P10 eGT immaculate road car
BMW 130i sport (for wife)
350 Z new track car 2003
Swift GTi mk2 racing car 89'
Celica St162 GT coupe 1988
Several other 3.0 BMW's

Date Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:17pm
The honda is the mini-sized 4 seat saloon with a 2 cylinder air-cooled 600cc engine. Its a uk car. Only 24k miles. Super rare. I will try & put pics of all the older cars incl the p11 when i get time.

Date Posted: 04 May 2018 at 10:12am
Would love to see the pics too, I love a Sunny Coupe!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2018 at 12:07pm
The b12 sunny coupe is my favourite. Mine for 14 years now. 203k miles and still goes well & fun to drive. Dark red. Stock aside from pulsar alloys. Excellent body & interior. Original e16 engine.

Date Posted: 04 May 2018 at 12:16pm
My mate at work had one for a while, sold it to Geordie Chris on here. I loved it, it was just so retro and cool, the shape of them is amazing.

I had an N14 1.4 hatchback for a while, bolted the GTi-R bits on just for a laugh really.

A few of us on here also ran the Nissan Sunny Owners Club for a while, started it up and it ran for a few years but it closed for being too quiet. 

Lot of love for the Sunny and Pulsar.

-------------

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 04 May 2018 at 12:24pm
We had a couple of N600's in the stand next to us at Japfest Silverstone last year - Probably the coolest cars at the whole event if I'm honest!

Date Posted: 04 May 2018 at 12:32pm
I love the shape of the b12 coupe as well, looks good from any angle. The interior is well designed with the most comfortable seats ever. Bought it to work today - love the way it drives. I will never part with it. Wondered what happened to the sunny club.

Posted By: Will20V
Date Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:02pm
My first car was a Sunny Coupe and my second the ZX, it was a great car until the rear towers rusted out and the valve seats went. My younger brother had an absolutely immaculate white ZX that we got the towers fixed before they got too far gone but someone t barred him running a red at a junction and wrote it off a few years ago. I keep looking for them coming up for sale with the idea of doing a bit of a restomod but they're so rare now and I don't have the space.

Posted By: Will20V
Date Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:06pm
I loved the interior too, especially the seats and the 6x9 speaker cabinets either side of the rear bench. Massive boot too, almost like a pickup with a glass cover. My brother would get his whole drum kit in there!

Incidentally, in about 1999 someone put a brick through the back window on mine at random in a car park, it was replaced under window cover with a £25 excess but the glass apparently cost around £1000! That was probably more than the car was worth are the time, they'd have written it off if the damage was anything else.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:05pm
Been driving my p11 a lot since i taxed it a beginning of june. I knew they were nice to drive but i hadn't realised just how talented these cars are. So rewarding to drive, ultra quiet and no rattles, creaks or bangs at all - really well screwed together. Nissan really didn't promote these virtues or they would have had a massive hit on their hands. Why buy a comparable eurobox instead?

Print Page | Close Window