Print Page | Close Window

nissan primerea p12 handbrake adjuster

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79853
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 9:49pm

Topic: nissan primerea p12 handbrake adjuster
Posted By: abba
Subject: nissan primerea p12 handbrake adjuster
Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 7:09am
Good morning all
I need to get at the handbrake adjuster inside the car, can some one tell me how to remove the console without demolishing it ?
Thank you in advance

-------------
i know very little about a lot

Replies:
Posted By: Electrolyte
Date Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:33pm
From my experience the handbrake never needs adjusting, the handle should sit just a little below the halfway travel with a gentle pull on. The rear callipers when working properly should take up the adjustment.  

-------------
If in doubt give it a clout!

Posted By: windum
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 11:04pm
My drive slopes appreciably and I have to yank the P12 h/brake on hard to have any confidence that the cars not going demolish the house in the night.

-------------
wINDUM

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by windum windum wrote:

My drive slopes appreciably and I have to yank the P12 h/brake on hard to have any confidence that the cars not going demolish the house in the night.
It is the same issue, sticking callipers. I had this until I replaced the calliper. nevertheless I always park in gear

Posted By: nigelf
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 12:42pm
The electronic manual explains how to adjust the handbrake ( section pb.pdf)and how to remove the console (ip.pdf)... However, for the console it shows a number of "cap with screws" but my 2004 model doesn't appear to have any as the surface is smooth. 

Anyone got any hints?

Print Page | Close Window