Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P11-144 ELM327

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80160
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 9:18am

Topic: Nissan Primera P11-144 ELM327
Posted By: Dawek
Subject: Nissan Primera P11-144 ELM327
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 9:43pm
Hi guys,
I recently bought an ELM327 diagnostic tool for my OBD2 P11-144, but I spent whole day trying to make it work. I've tried few different kinds of diagnostic software without success.
Anyone got an idea how to make it work?
Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:34am
Is it Bluetooth, USB, Wifi? What are you connecting it to? Phone? Laptop?

I had a Bluetooth one that worked with My 2008 Mazda and a 2003 Toyota.
Used with Torque on my Android Phone.
It stopped working so I returned it to Amazon

Now have a USB one that I use with with Forscan on a Laptop - Mazda/Ford specific Software.
Also works on 2003 Toyota and 2001 Hyundai using Laptop with Scanmaster - Generic Software

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:28am
It's a USB one connected to laptop. I tried two laptops, one with win10 and another one running win7.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 5:08pm
I use mine with Windows 10 and Windows 8.1
It should pop up in Device Manager. You may need to install a Driver.

I am away for a couple of Days but can have a look when I am back if you are still having problems.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:17pm
I installed a couple of drivers including one for USB to serial so it did pop up in Device Manager.
Even the software recognized the diagnostic device but it didn't connect to ECU.
I once managed to somehow connect to my P11 but it immediately disconnected and the software made some unsuccessful attempts to reconnect.

Posted By: ady_c
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:25pm
Can get cheap obd2 readers off ebay £20 if I remember

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:59pm
Well I have this one https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/JlAAAOSwr7ZW7Lgr/s-l1600.jpg
As it has USB i thought it might be good for sensor reading or some other stuff and not just reading codes.
Do you mean standalone readers?

Posted By: ady_c
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:16am
On my phone but something like this ebay item number 142815938586

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:35am
Thanks, looks like bang for buck, especially if it does some sensor reading (likr O2, RPM, etc.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Dawek Dawek wrote:

Well I have this one https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/JlAAAOSwr7ZW7Lgr/s-l1600.jpg
As it has USB i thought it might be good for sensor reading or some other stuff and not just reading codes.
Do you mean standalone readers?

That's the one I have except mine has a Switch for the Mazda/Ford functions.
Have you tried it on any other Cars?

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 5:46pm
What functions does it have?

Nope, no idea why LOL
I'll try it on Octavia in the evening. 

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Dawek Dawek wrote:

What functions does it have?

Lots of Functions
RPM
Accelerator Pedal Position
Throttle Position
Coolant Temp
O2
Cat Temp
MAF Flow Rate
and Lots more

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:36pm
That sounds like lots of music for little money.

But back to the problem. I connected the ELM scanner to 2011 Octavia and it works like a charm so there is probably problem in my 144.

Posted By: d60_tag
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 1:03pm
Certainly cheap bit of kit and sounds good, if it works and can do all those things.

Does anyone know if I could use one of these on my 1999 P11 GA1.6DE? I think mine has the 14pin 'consult' socket port but have heard you can get adapters to be able to use 16pin OBD2 -like this or will this not work?
Currently just use the onboard diags/ flash codes but would be nice to be able to see more, use software etc.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 1:17pm
Amazing really to get a bundle of software etc with it for that price! Will probably get one anyway and try an adapter (14pin consult to OBD2 16pin). Even if it doesn't work, expect it will work on a few vehicles that have OBD2- and come of use at sometime, even if it doesn't work on the P11.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 7:35am
Have a search on Ebay for Nissan Consult.
You can get 14 Pin Reader from about £15 from China.

If you also get a USB OBD2 Reader make sure it comes with some Software. Free Software not readily available.

If you get a Bluetooth OBD2, Torque is free or cheap for Android/iOS and pretty good for generic reading and monitoring.

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:56pm
Thanks Imckay for the useful info. I will try a Nissan consult 14pin to 16pin OB2 adapter, they are only about £4quid.
Yes, noticed that about the software, some of those EML327 readers/deals have the software and others do not. Will get one with the software and see how I get on and if it works- if it doesn't then expect it may work on other vehicles. Got a Citreon that has OBD2 so it may work on that also, hopefully both vehicles!

Print Page | Close Window