Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 Climate Control Panel

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80476
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 1:06am

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Climate Control Panel
Posted By: SailorBob
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 Climate Control Panel
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:37pm
I've been having some issues with the buttons on the climate control panel intermittently not responding.  I'm assuming the control panel itself is defective, so I disassembled it and the part number is CSW-5880C.  When looking it up on ebay, the seller noted that the part might need programming to the vehicle.

Can anyone tell me if a second hand climate control panel can just be swapped in, or does it need to be registered with the ECU or undergo some other type of programming?

Replies:
Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 2:40pm
Hi Bob. The control panel will swop straight over with no problem. Thumbs Up  They are seldom any trouble. If it is the heater side of it you are having problems with, your fault will lie elsewhere. Ouch

-------------
Roy

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 3:48pm
The whole control panel is on the fritz.  The rear window defroster switch always works, but the radio controls are intermittent, and sometimes the A/C controls will stop responding also.

I'm replacing the CD/Radio unit as well, as the radio just scans forever without stopping on a channel, and the CD doesn't work at all.  When I disassembled it I found a few coins some kid had stuck in there rattling around - probably shorted something...

Posted By: roy.2
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 4:51pm
You will need to be very careful with the electrics, they don't like being messed around with. Ouch   search the forums for information, there is a wealth of it on here. Thumbs Up

-------------
Roy

Posted By: Estyfort
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by SailorBob SailorBob wrote:

The whole control panel is on the fritz.  The rear window defroster switch always works, but the radio controls are intermittent, and sometimes the A/C controls will stop responding also.

I'm replacing the CD/Radio unit as well, as the radio just scans forever without stopping on a channel, and the CD doesn't work at all.  When I disassembled it I found a few coins some kid had stuck in there rattling around - probably shorted something...

The damaged audio unit could be at the heart of the problem. I'd suggest you install another audio unit before attempting to change the multifunction switch (the control panel). I should add that the audio unit is tied up with the security system of the car. That is, if you install another audio unit in the car you'd have to have your key re-programmed to have the audio unit to function.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 9:35pm
You're kidding... I have to re-program my keys for the replacement radio to work?  Think my Launch X431 can do it?

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 9:39pm

You're kidding... I have to re-program my keys for the replacement radio to work?  Think my Launch X431 can do it?

Your Launch just might, but you must have the PIN code converted from your Smart Entrance Control unit.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:31pm
How do I get the PIN code from the Smart Entrance Control unit?

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:35pm

How do I get the PIN code from the Smart Entrance Control unit?

That's a bit involved. Post a clear picture of the label on the unit, and I'll help out with the PIN.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 6:46am
I don't see any way to upload an image here.  The Nissan part number is 28185-AV700, model number PN-2419F.  There's also a serial number listed if that would help.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:36am

I don't see any way to upload an image here.  The Nissan part number is 28185-AV700, model number PN-2419F.  There's also a serial number listed if that would help.

That's your audio unit. The SEC unit should have a part number like this: 28550-AV700. It's under the dash/steering column thereabout. Google it. On yours, copy out the six figures (four are in bold characters) to the far right, and then the four figures at the bottom beside the bar code. So you're sending two sets of figures.

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:42am

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/how-to-put-photos-in-your-posts_topic21276.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/how-to-put-photos-in-your-posts_topic21276.html

Or in short - The image needs to be uploaded to any webspace and then linked in here using the image tags.

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 12:29pm
This is the method I use

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/howto-post-pictures-using-imgur_topic74431.html

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 1:29pm
OK, so the new ( used ) radio/ cd unit just arrived.  The only thing under the dash that I saw which might be the security unit is this remote entry unit:

28550 AV7 Siemens 5WK4 8121

So how do I get the PIN to update to the new ( used ) radio / cd unit and then enter it?

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 3:02pm
You're right. Here's your Pin Code: 7183
Good luck.

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 9:48am
But how do I actually enter or use the PIN Cod?

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:01am

But how do I actually enter or use the PIN Cod?

By using your Launch to programme the key if it has the capability. If it has it will prompt you to enter the code.

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 10:07am
OK, thanks!  Don't think the launch will do it, but we'll see.

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:23pm
I checked Launch X431 Pro and it says it can do "Key/immobiliser coding."

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:09pm
Only for certain makes and models.  I checked the list of vehicles on it's IMMO compatibility list and it only has like three or four Nissans on the list.  The Primera isn't one of them.  I'm going to look in the workshop manual and see if it says anything useful in there...

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 3:33pm
Just to follow up, the Nissan dealership didn't know how to reset the radio and put in the code, so in the end they reset the immobilizer itself, which indirectly reset everything connected to the immobilizer.  They of course had to reprogram the keys also. Cost me about $100 USD.

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 3:43pm

Just to follow up, the Nissan dealership didn't know how to reset the radio and put in the code, so in the end they reset the immobilizer itself, which indirectly reset everything connected to the immobilizer.  They of course had to reprogram the keys also. Cost me about $100 USD.

How did they reset immobizer/programme key? Any word on the 4-digit pin?

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:25am
The PIN you gave me was correct, thanks! 

Regarding how, they used their Consult-III Plus to erase the immobilizer from the system and then add it back as if it was a new replacement immobilizer.  At least that's how I understood it.

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:34am

The PIN you gave me was correct, thanks! 

Regarding how, they used their Consult-III Plus to erase the immobilizer from the system and then add it back as if it was a new replacement immobilizer.  At least that's how I understood it.
Just normal key re-registration (programming) as I advised. You provided them with the PIN, and they provided the tool. Enjoy your ride.

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:37am
One more thing. I hope your spare key (if you have one) was re-registered too.

Posted By: Colin1976
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 1:27pm
Hi Guys

Sorry to piggyback Sailor Bob's post but I'm having a similar issue and I thought I'd best put it on here rather than start a new topic.

I have a '52 plate Primera P12 2.0 T-Spec. My issue is that more and more reguarly, when I start the car, I get NOTHING from the control panel. No Radio, No A/C Climate controls and no Nav. The screen 'wakes up' but just stays black. Then, occasionally, 10 minutes later I'll be driving and everything will just come back on!! The worst part is that if I had the climate control on when I last used the car, it's still active but i have no control of it to switch it off or anything!! ( I was BALTIC this morning)

Has anyone come across this before? Could i be lucky enough that I just need to replace the control panel itself? I have a very, very limited budget so expensive diagnostic tests/re-codings etc, would have to wait but if anyone can offer any kind of help I'd really appreciate it.
This is my 1st P12 after having several P11's.

Thanks in advance guys 'n' gals!

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 1:38pm
Hi Colin,

Pretty sure this will be your problem.

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-blank-console-screen-repair_topic32396.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-blank-console-screen-repair_topic32396.html

I would recommend getting someone to resolder it. Not a DIY job unless you can solder very well.
http://idealtechnology.co.uk/" rel="nofollow - http://idealtechnology.co.uk/  were doing it for around £100

Print Page | Close Window