Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P11 Si engine swap project

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80549
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:32am

Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Si engine swap project
Posted By: Mush
Subject: Nissan Primera P11 Si engine swap project
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 1:22am
So, I've been thinking about starting this big project for my P11. It currently has a GA16 with a five speed manual and is LHD. Been thinking about swapping an sr20ve engine with the six speed manual transmission from a JDM p12. I have a possible deal on the engine that comes with the trans, ecu and wiring harnessess.

Now I have a few questions.

1. What are the obvious changes I need to make since it is a GA16 to SR20 swap on a p11?
2. Does the transmission fit in place and if not, what changes need to be made?
3. Since it's a JDM engine, will I run into problems with mine being a LHD model? For example not being able to get the AC working etc.

For parts I can get a p11 GT parts car for pretty cheap. Any help is appreciated, I've tried looking around but I didn't find anyone swapping a p12 sr20 into a p11 Si. Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: dysopath
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 9:53pm
Hello and Welcome, I cant answer your questions but someone with more knowledge will look forward to seeing the progression your build

-------------
P11 GT * P11 GTIR BTCC REP * N15 GTi * Mitsubishi RVR * Isuzu TF * Merc 307d * Cabstar * LDV Maxus * Talbot Express

Posted By: Mush
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:35pm
Thank you! Build is currently just in the planning phase but as soon as I get enough information and the required funds it will be on the way.

Right now the plan is:
1.Swap the engine and trannie and get everything functional
2.Disks in the back
3.Slamming it with a BC-racing kit
4.Get all that shit street legal

And some additional steps I have in mind for later on down the road:
5.Nice performance exhaust
6.Some sweet new rims and tires
7.Maybe a paint job? I wanna keep the sleeper look so nothing too flashy but some nice new paint and getting it rust protected (Finnish winters aren't too nice on our cars)

Posted By: ickle
Date Posted: 28 May 2020 at 4:56pm
You've probably already came across this by now but I know when I swapped a sr into my ga16. The chassis gearbox mount was different from a gts. Other than that my mounts and box lined up. This was on a rhd tho

-------------
P11s gotta catch em' all

Print Page | Close Window