Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P11 starts, but won't run!

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80599
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:58am

Topic: Nissan Primera P11 starts, but won't run!
Posted By: Dan Singh
Subject: Nissan Primera P11 starts, but won't run!
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:38am
My 99 P11 has been off the road and not run for a few years so I decided it was time to get it running again. The fuel gauge was off the red so I added around 10ltrs of new fuel. 
It starts, ticks over for about 10 seconds and that's it. It won't rev any higher.
Suspecting a fueling issue I took the pipe off the fuel filter and turned on the ignition expecting to see petrol but there was nothing. 
I checked the fuse which was OK and swapped the relay with the one next to it with the same part number. Then I checked both of the two plugs under the seat on the sender/pump unit. The smaller one shows no power with the ignition on but the bloody thing still starts and runs for 5-10 secs! 
I have run out of ideas, anyone got any suggestions please?     

Replies:
Posted By: Astral07
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 7:24am
Spark plugs?

Posted By: ragt20
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:02pm
check and clean the maf, if you haven't used it for a long time, give it a good service, check all basic stuff, plugs, maf etc...before looking for any complicated expensive issues

-------------
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK

Posted By: Grim
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 10:40pm
When you switch ignition on you should hear the fuel pump prime for a second or two. Now if you remove the fuel line from the filter and switch on the ignition you should get fuel coming out constantly!

-------------
Sorry I scraped all those primeras ☹️

Posted By: p11primeragt
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:02pm
I would of just changed the fuel pump for the time it takes and for what it costs.

And as said check all the basics,if its starting then quitting it's not going to be much.

Posted By: Dan Singh
Date Posted: 02 May 2019 at 9:52pm
Thanks for the input guys, I'll have another look at it this weekend. 

Print Page | Close Window