Print Page | Close Window

Nissan Primera P12 Heater problems...

Printed From: Nissan Primera Owners Club
Category: General Open Forums - NO TRADING!
Forum Name: Nissan Primera Help & Queries
Forum Discription: NON Paying Members Q&A Section
URL: http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8941
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:23pm

Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Heater problems...
Posted By: Harpo
Subject: Nissan Primera P12 Heater problems...
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 3:16pm
Hi all,

I am a new member with a p12 (2003) and a problem......
The Heater blower is not blowing, I have tested motor and seems OK.
I have located a control box which I believe controls the air con and fan speed etc, My question is should there be something else to look for , I would expect to find some sort of resistor pack? Does anybody know what I should be looking for or is the fault likely to lie with the control box I have already found (this box was located directly attached to the motor blower housing under the glove box). Any advise would be appreciated.....

Thank you all.....

Dave (Harpo)

Replies:
Posted By: catalistt
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 4:16pm
could be your bcm module!! quite common for these to fail in a particular area!!!

Posted By: Harpo
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 4:20pm
Hi catalistt,

Thanks for the advise. A couple of things.....
What's a bcm? and where is it?

Cheers.....

Posted By: maniclamb
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 4:02pm
Hi Harpo, did you solve this problem with your Primera?

Unfortunetely mine seems to have done the very same thing.  The fans suddenly cut off yesterday, and are not working at all now.  I've checked the fuses but they are fine.

Really don't know where to start, considering the P12 Primera's electrics are a bit of mine field!

Anybody any ideas? Costly?

Cheers

Posted By: chimeo
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 6:56pm
its round 20-30 quid. its up by the clutch pedal on the heater box, its a white connector and held in with 2 philips screws

Posted By: crazy taxi
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 6:59pm

After replacing part after part, i never got to the bottom of this so if you do find the problem it needs saving in the how to's!

-------------
Old enough to know better, too old to change

Posted By: crazy taxi
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 7:03pm
PS, you can overide the pooter side of things by earthing the live connection on the heater blower.
put a switch in line, means you'll only have "full speed" but in this weather and steamy windows it's better than nowt.

-------------
Old enough to know better, too old to change

Posted By: Baz007
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 8:53pm
I assume this is now sorted, Chimeo has it right  on the nose

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 9:30am
Originally posted by chimeo chimeo wrote:

its round 20-30 quid. its up by the clutch pedal on the heater box, its a white connector and held in with 2 philips screws

Thanks chimeo, is there an easy way of testing it is this? I'm not particularly clever when it comes to car electrics.  Also do you know the part number to make sure I don't get the wrong component from Nissan.

Cheers all for your help.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 12:42pm
I've just been in touch with a garage about sourcing a 'Fan Control amp', the technician stated that usually the fan works on full-speed even when these amp blows.

As mine isn't working at all, could this mean its the Blower motor (£192...eek)?  I guess it might be worth changing this part first and seeing if it works? The current fan control amp doesn't have any mjaor burns or anything on it.  What a pain..

Simon

Posted By: chimeo
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 5:21pm
its not known as a fan control amp, ill get the name tomorrow, if your is the blower motor ill be very suprised,

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 10:45am
Well the little white thing above the clutch pedal held in by two phillips screws is known as  the 'Fan control amplifier' according to the Primera service CD, anyway I've ordered the part so hopefully it will cure it!!

Cheers.

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 10:42pm
^^ Keep us update please fella ^^

Cheers,
Shaun

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 10:52am
Originally posted by essNchill essNchill wrote:

^^ Keep us update please fella ^^

Cheers,
Shaun

Will do Wink,  this cold and wet weather has really come at the wrong time for me.. Bit of mission trying to avoid the steamy windows scenario! Hopefully I'll have the replacement part soon. 

Will keep you all updated.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 9:32am
Thanks for your help. Indeed it was the 'Fan control Amp' or 'Heater Reg' as  they called it at the salvage place.  I waited over a week for the part to come in at the local Nissan garage and decided to give up and risk getting a used part. It's soo nice to have warm/steamy-window free car back!

Posted By: Kensai86
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 12:45pm
how much did you pay for this part? as my heater controls only work on No.3!  Shocked

sounds like a similar problem to you?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 3:04pm
My fan wasn't working at any of the levels.. However people says its usually the cause when your fans only work at the top speed. I'm not sure if its a similar system for a P10? If so, then yes it could be the solution to your problem.

The part was listed at £27 + VAT from the Nissan garage, I got it little bit cheaper from the local salvage yard.  I was getting bored of waiting for it to come in at the garage!

Posted By: Kensai86
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 5:56pm
illl get on the blower to nissan... cheers fella Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: DeeJ
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 12:29pm
Can anyone give me the part number for the bcm module

Posted By: arnie 818
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 12:58pm
The heater fan stopped working on my 2002 Primera and on advice I changed the Module Assembly Power (resistor pack). It is located next to the clutch at the back of the heater outlet and secured with two philips screws. It took 5 minutes to change and cost £36 inclusive of VAT at my local Nissan dealer. This sorted the problem.  

Posted By: arnie 818
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 12:59pm
The part number is 27761-AV600

Posted By: norbert eggcup
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2009 at 8:39pm
it would seem on P10, P11 & 144 models the fan will still work on highest speed whereas on a P12 it stops working altogether

-------------

Posted By: rainbow
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 3:35pm

Hi Guys,

New member here. Have problem thats looking for a solution!
Heater not working though fan is.
Also reverse parking camera now very grainy and picture bounces!!
Any advice would be appreciated. 2004 1.8 se (petrol).

-------------
paul martin

Posted By: coldgal
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:38pm
SmileSmileSmile Thanks for the info everyone was telling hubby on the parcel shelf side the air has been blue until I found your information. He's now a happy bunny and am going to be a warm bunnyBig smile

Posted By: PaddyM
Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:18pm
I wanted to post my experience which should help out P12 owners.
  • Blower unit stopped working.
  • P12 has 5 settings - blower didn't work on any (as per mentioned in post above).
  • Got a mechanic to check the blower, was working ok.
  • Mechanic told me I probably needed a resistor board.
  • Came on here to check it out - got a bit confused so rang nissan to ask their advice.
  • Told me most likely a resistor pack so I ordered one.
  • Arrived today - the unit is actually called a Module Assy-POW. £46.17 including vat.
  • It is the part with the white connector behind the clutch pedal mentioned earlier in thread.
  • Replaced it and the blower is now working ok.
  • No sign of damage etc. on old unit.
I have uploaded some pictures which can be found here which should help you out:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47295551@N00/sets/72157623982489211/

Posted By: imckay
Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:37pm
Some dealers suggest changing the pollen filter at the same time. Maybe a blocked filter causes extra load on the motor and blows the fan control module?

Posted By: Orinoco
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 3:31pm
I took my Primera into the main dealer near me to get it fixed today and they quoted me £185 for the module, air filter and fitting. I now wish I had followed the advice above and fitted it myself.

Posted By: fossyant
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 7:42pm
Ah, there is a fair amount for labour there though..... at dealer rates...................

-------------

Posted By: deano235
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 3:04pm
hi there iam enquiring for my grandad about his nissan primera heater, demister isnt working you can turn it up down on fan speed but no difference i know the blower is working, and was wondering if it would be the same problem as  paddy m has posted so can anyone help ?? thanks

Posted By: ragt20
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by deano235 deano235 wrote:

hi there iam enquiring for my grandad about his nissan primera heater, demister isnt working you can turn it up down on fan speed but no difference i know the blower is working, and was wondering if it would be the same problem as  paddy m has posted so can anyone help ?? thanks

what version of primera has he got, depending on that could be one of two things, on the earlier primeras its usually the heater resistor card, about £35 from nissan. for a P12...it could be what has been said earlier in this thread

-------------
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 1:48am
he has a 52 plated car, petrol 1.8 manual with a/c etc thanks

Posted By: essNchill
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 2:10am

Yes it is the same problem, as well as the advice already in this thread, see here:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-fan-speed-control-module-diy-repair_topic12795.html - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-fan-speed-control-module-diy-repair_topic12795.html

Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Isa
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 8:56pm
My P12 had this problem too, first time in 2008 and it cost me about 60€. The fan was working properly but no hot or cold air was produced. Now the fan isn't working at all. Going to rewiew the whole post and see if I can find an answer that matches the problem in my car. Not nice to drive with steamy windows and cold

-------------
Life is Short – Talk Fast!

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 12:26pm
many thanks everyone spot on the problem, ordered part collected next day all fixed brill 

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2010 at 12:28pm
Clapmany thanks everyone spot on the problem, ordered part collected next day all fixed brill Clap Smile Big smile

Posted By: jbennie
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 12:21pm
Hi

Went & checked the Pollen filter cleaned it & replaced no joy, found the module under the clutch pedal & unscrewed it and opened it and found where the resister was.
No guage to measure it however shorted it by soldering 10amp house fuse wire across the resister as the car fuse was 15amps, worked fine & blowers now going ok, then bought the resister from Maplin for 67pence soldered it in and thats it great, estimated cost of garage repair could have been between £60 & £100.
May be an unorthodox test but its the result that counts.
Thanks to all the guys out there who have helped.

thanks John

Posted By: zoy1109
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 5:52pm
Hi

In my P12 02 SE Diesel, the problem is that the fan works, i can also adjust the fan speeds but there is very little air being blown out and therefore causing condensation.

Will replacing the above discussed part resolve my condensation?

Thanks.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by zoy1109 zoy1109 wrote:

Hi

In my P12 02 SE Diesel, the problem is that the fan works, i can also adjust the fan speeds but there is very little air being blown out and therefore causing condensation.

Will replacing the above discussed part resolve my condensation?

Thanks.

Your problem sounds more like a blocked pollen filter.

Posted By: knucklesads20
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:30pm
hi i am a new user to this web site i think it brilliant and would like to say a big thank you to everyone who contributes to make this site what it is. i had the heater problem with my 2002 p12 and and did turn out to be what was mentioned above, saved me a nice bit of money!!!!Smile Thanks will definetly be using this more....Clap

Posted By: RussellH
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:27am
Hi there. Sorry to drag up an old thread, but found this online when searching for help when my blowers packed up this week.  I have a 1994 Nissan Primera P12.

I took the advice in this thread and picked up the heating control module from my local Nissan dealership.  I installed the new part, and it worked for about a day before packing up again.  What I don't know is whether this is a faulty part, or if there's some other problem causing the part to fail.

The dealership say they need me to book the car in to investigate before they will exchange the part.  While this is understandable, I'm not keen to leave my car with them unless I have no other option.

From your experience, is there anything else that could be wrong here.

Thank you so much in anticipation of any help.  This is a great sight.  I'm really glad I found it.

Best wishes,

Russell

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 1:21pm

Welcome to NPOC Russell.

Did you change the pollen filter at the same time? Some Nissan dealers recommend that this is done at the same time. Other than that, it might be worth checking the fan motor is running freely.
Can you do the DIY fix to save paying another £40?

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 1:58pm
Hi imckay, and thank you for the reply.

No, I didn't change the pollen filter.  Do you think that could have caused it to fail again so quickly?  I haven't checked the fan motor either, so I'll have a look through here to see how to do that!  As for the DIY fix, I didn't fancy fiddling around with that, even though it does look fairly simple.

Best wishes,

Russell

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 2:13pm
My local garage (not the Nissan dealership) have agreed to check the new heater module to see if it's working or not. They say it'll only take them a few seconds, which is handy.

I've had a look round the site and can't find anything about the fan motor.  Is it easy to locate and check?

Thanks again for any help.

Best wishes,

Russell

Posted By: timeshock!
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 5:45pm
As said above the pollen filter or a problem with blow the resister card, that is what it is there for.
Changing the filter is easy. As for the blower, i recommend you download our free electronic service manual form th how to section and have a look.
I think your dealer is being helpful it might be worth them taking a look

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 7:32pm

Thanks for that.  I got my trusted local garage (not the Nissan dealership) to take a look, and they're pretty sure it's the fan motor that's gone.  They eliminated just about everything else, and said there wasn't much else it could be.  They said it was one of the hardest parts to get to, and recommended I get a Nissan dealership to do the work, as they may know how to get at it more quickly and easily than they could, which would then cost me less in labour time.  They didn't even charge me for the hour they spend looking at it for me!

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 10:45am
Good honest service, I have no doubt Nissan will be pleased to take your eyes out though, their rates will more than compensate for any extra time your garage will spend on it

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 3:52pm
Indeed they will, though I've chosen not to return to my local Nissan dealership for reasons of past experience.  I'm instead going to one a little further away, but with a better reputation!  I've no doubt I'll still pay dearly though.  It doesn't sound a like a cheap job.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 7:55pm

This afternoon, I collected my car from the Nissan dealership.  They were very helpful and courteous, however there is still a problem.  They have got the blowers working, kind of.

I wondered if I listed the parts and described the latest symptoms, whether anyone here can shed any light on what could be wrong.  Is there a fault with one of the replacement parts?  Is one of these parts the wrong one for my car?  Or has it developed a whole new fault in the last day?

The replacement parts are:

2771-AV600 Heater Control Module Assy-Pow
27760-AV613 Sensor Assy-Amb

The symptoms (that I've notied so far) are:

Only half the fan speeds work, up to 2 and a half bars on the screen.
The de-mister doesn't increase the fan speed, which I now need to do manually.
Certain other automatic functions need manual adjustment when I make selections.
The temperature control used to range from 17 degrees up to 31 degrees, with additional options for hi and lo setting at each end of the range.  It now goes from 18 to 32, with no hi or lo.

The garage say they've never come across this before, and aren't sure why this is happening.  To be fair to them, they're doing everything they can to sort it out.  They're going to check it's the right part, and when they have another part in stock, I'll take the car back and they'll swap it over and see if that fixes it.

I wondered though, if anyone here knows what's going on.

Thank you so much in anticipation.

Russell

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 12:03am
have you got programme disc for sat nav- just a long shot but try using set up disc cos it sounds like your heater has the setting for a pre-facelift p12

my car doesnt do max fan automatically on demist and my temp range is 18-32
later cars seem to do the max thing and have the temp range lo-hi

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 10:03am

Thanks Norbert Eggcup.  I think I've got them.  I'll give it a try.

Posted By: Katie
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 10:54am
Are you Russell Howard?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 11:15am
No, not me.

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Katie Katie wrote:

Are you Russell Howard?

ahh katie as random as everLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 3:32pm
Sadly, re-installing the software disc didn't rectify the problem.

The garage left me the old part they replaced, so I took it to another Nissan dealership, and asked a chap in the parts department what part number this was.  Upon checking, it's not the same as the new part that's now in my car.  Thinking this was the problem solved, I went back to the garage that did the work, and asked them about the part number discrepency.  They agreed to contact the other garage to discuss the matter.

They called back, saying that the part they have put in my car supersedes the original part, and that a bulletin from Nissan tells all dealerships to use the newer version of the part.  What they couldn't understand is why it's still possible to order the older part number if it was not to be used.  I asked if we could try ordering the older part number, just to see if it fixed the problem.  It seems that due to the Nissan bulletin, the older version would come with no guarantee so if it went wrong again, I wouldn't be covered as I would with any other new part.

With regard to the unsual symptoms my car is suffereing, it's occured to me that they're all climate control features.  I can manually adjust the levels of heat and the level of the blowers (although only half of the settings), but that I don't have climate control any more.

Both Nissan garages have been very helpful, and continue to investigate what's going on.

The saga continues...

Posted By: orrhead
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by essNchill essNchill wrote:

Yes it is the same problem, as well as the advice already in this thread, see here:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-fan-speed-control-module-diy-repair_topic12795.html - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-fan-speed-control-module-diy-repair_topic12795.html

Thumbs Up

Hello!

I had the same problem with my '53 plate Primera SE and was about to book it in to a garage when I decided to research the problem online first. I'm glad I did...

Bought the part from my local Nissan dealer (£37.50 inc VAT) then I just followed the advice from the above link and it worked a treat (a bit awkward to unscrew etc because it's right behind the clutch pedal but other than that a really easy fix and I know NOTHING about fixing cars!!!) - many thanks for saving me a lot of money!!SmileClapThumbs Up

Posted By: casementp12
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 9:43pm
hello my dad has a Primera 2005 with problems with the blower it seems to be blowing constantly on the highest speed so my dad has figured out to make the fan abit quieter he has turned the fan onto the feet and head setting but when he goes to turn the fan completely off it turns the head and foot function off and turns on the windscreen demister on could this mean that the fan control unit is at fault?

This fault is now getting annoying Angry

Thanks 

Rob 

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:31pm
I would think following the link would resolve your problem

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:32pm
There isnt a link there mate ^^^

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:35pm
Geek

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:41pm
thanks for advice mate would buying new one be easier than mucking about with it

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:42pm
Just depends which route you prefer going down, many do fit a new one takes no time at all

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:56pm
so  buying a new fan control module would solve the problem ? 

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 11:07pm
The unit when it goes normallty puts the blower into high mode if that is what you have then it is highly likely. The question is why?
This is normally a protection issue, has the pollen filter been changed recently?

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 11:10pm
nope it hasn't been changed recently is it required to change it when i change the control module and just for the question where is the pollen filter located on them 

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 11:12pm
the pollen filter can be cleaned once but replace every two years, very simple job, it is located in and above the glove above, there are instructions and photos in our how to section

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 11:14pm
i dont think it has been changed since he got the car longer than two years ago 

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 11:17pm
I would do that then replace the unit, just check that you can hear no strange noises from the air system that could cause the unit to fail

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 11:19pm
thanks mate :) would it make a difference if i got both parts in one day and fitted the polen filter before the air control unit

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 11:21pm
and have idea on the price of the module ?

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:06am
I have seen them quoted on here at £32. The link below takes you to a post by someone who pad £40 an blew it straight away,although he did not come back after suggesting changing the pollen filter it may have worked, have a read

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-heater-problems_topic47050_post625634.html#625634 - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p12-heater-problems_topic47050_post625634.html#625634

And yes buy both, fit the pollen filter nad then the speed control unit.

Why not take the pollen filter out and inspect it?

Posted By: Yorkshirelass78
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:35am
We had this problem last week

From Nissan the part was around £39
and Andrew Page parts place charged £11 for filter all good as new now

But I did notice in the service history they had this done 2 years ago and cost the £97 at a garage :S only cost us £50 ish to do it our selves

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:11am
thanks for that yorkshire lass :D

Posted By: Sexybubbles1990
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 2:00pm
What do I go on on marlin to get the 67 pence resister

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:22pm
Maplin don't seem to sell the 152 degree thermal fuse any more.
Search on ebay for thermal fuse 152. £1.50 delivered

Posted By: fj1200dd
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 1:11pm
Thanks to everyone offering information on this thread - you've saved me well over £100.

Nissan dealer wanted £75 just to 'diagnose' the fault (despite their parts expert saying she was sure it was the BCM), then £40 for the part and another £42 to fit - total £157.  And of course they wanted the car all day to fit me into their 'busy schedule'.

So I took a punt and bought the part.  Five minutes to fit (would have been quicker if I was a contortionist!), ignition on - we have blower!  Total cost £40.

Excellent result - thanks again.

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 6:02pm
Thumbs Up

Posted By: hodges
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 7:52pm
had a problem with the heater blower and also cd player , we changed the heater blower but still dont work and also we changed the cd player that also dont work it will take the cd and eject the cd but wont play it or the radio but the old one would play the radio could any one help plz its nissan primera 2.2 reg 53

robert

-------------
rhodges

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 8:03pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
have you read this thread at all?
you need to change the fan control unit

If you changed the audio unit did you have it recoded to the car ny Nissan or Clarion? I would have thought you would have the 'Secure' message on the screen

Posted By: Redspaniardp12
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 8:33am
Just to say thankyou for this info I have a Nissan Primera 1.8 SE 52 plate.The Blower/Heater stopped working completely.Took out the above mentioned module by the clutch pedal and bridged the offending component on it. Its now working while im waiting for the new part. Its -3c today so cant thank you enough for this information.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 10:11am
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Thanks for the feedback, pleased you got the problem sorted and that you found the answer yourself well doneThumbs Up

Posted By: Cribber
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:11pm
hi guys, I'm new to the forum and maybe late to the party but hope not. I have a 52 plate p12 where the blowers stopped working, I can adjust the speeds on my control unit but no output from the fan. I tried to do some basic fault finding before I found this forum. I found the 2 blower fuses to be fine and still making circuit but have to supply voltage to the blower itself. do you think that it could be the module by the clutch pedal? as mentioned above

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:01pm
I think it will be pretty certain the fan control unit would have failed so give it a go. Have you checked the state of the pollen filter, lack of maintenance has been highlighted as stressing the unit.

Posted By: Cribber
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 10:27am
Thanks for the reply. I did do alittle more investigating last night with some more reliable test equipment. It appears that I do have a supply to the fan, so is it likely to be a fan problem it is free and not siezed. I tried to take it out removed lots of screws but it still wouldn't come. Any ideas on how to get it out or what tests I could do on it to test it out. A friend of mine suggest connecting 12v straight to it to see if it runs to rule out any of the control circuits. Good idea yes or no?

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 4:21pm
I have not really seen any problems with the blower on here, would not like to comment on putting an un-fused voltage/current across the blower

Posted By: timothycat
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 10:23am
I cant find the resistor by the clutch pedal do you have any photos

-------------
steve

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 10:43am
Welcome to NPOC,

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-fan-speed-control-module-diy-repair_topic12795.html

If you get Photobucket errors, this can be fixed with a Chrome Plugin
Google 'photobucket embed fix'

Photobucket now charge users $400 to let their Pics appear on Forums.
Unsurprisingly, most people haven't paid.

Posted By: Goffy
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:54pm
I have a 52 plate P12 SE. Same problem as described here except I think the blower might have failed intermittently on occasions before failing completely. Local garage thought it might be the fan but then phoned me to say it was the heater blower resistor fan control ie the part discussed in this thread up behind the clutch pedal, they said it would be cheaper for me to find one on ebay and they would fit it for £40. So i ordered one from ebay and a new air filter and fitted both myself as described by the helpful folk on this forum as it was easy enough and didnt want to waste £40.

Sadly the blower is still dead. Its unlikely the new resistor control is also faulty so this makes me wonder if the garage checked things like fuses, relays and the fan....they said the fan would be the first thing they would check. They seemed certain it was the resistor fan control.

Has anyone any idea what else could be wrong? It looks like I wasted my money on the new resistor control and the old one is probably still fine. Maybe I should phone an auto electrician as I dont fancy spending any more time lieing face down in the footwell fiddling with screws.

Print Page | Close Window