Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2005 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

September 2005 - Shake (P11)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: September 2005 - Shake (P11)
    Posted: 16 Jun 2007 at 2:03am

Congratulations go to Shakher (Shake) for winning Car of the Month for September 2005.

His gorgeous P11 Precision shows you don't need to have a GT to be at the top of the P11 game!!

Well done Shakher, how does it feel to win Car of the Month?

It totally surprised me. I came on waiting for a PM from another member, but it was Stevie telling me I had won car of the month!!! Took a while for it to set in.

Tell us a bit about yourself, hobbies and interests.

Well, apart from my lil Nissan, I've been playing badminton for about 8 years now, with a group of friends. I try to attend most of the local meets, but being in London most the time I just end up in traffic. I've always liked motor sport and remember watching BTCC since I was little. I'm also keen on WRC but since it changed to ITV I'm always at work when it comes on.

Is this your first Primera and why this particular car?

The Primera is my first car! I had a budget with the help from the family. At the time I didn't know anything about cars, just how to drive one. I went around looking at VW Golfs first, I really wanted the MK 2 or 3. Then down the local car dealer I saw a blue Almera I think it was the Si. They were asking £4k for it and my father was giving it a run down. But then he saw the Primera. The asking price was £2550 and he got it down to £1800. I didn't really have a choice as most of the budget wasn't coming from me. But I'm glad its what I got!

Did you intend to modify from the start or did this all come later? How did you find NPOC?

At first I didn't think I would modify the car, as it's not exactly easy on our cars. But that's what makes it better as you really have to put thought into what you want to do. Also it being my first car I thought I'd probably crash it. Once I got the car I thought there might be an owners club, so searched it in google and it was the first link!

Before we talk bodykits, let's hear your full spec list please and can you tell us your favourite mod that you?ve done to the car?

Smithy Induction kit, Smithy chrome steering pot/ chrome fuse box, Magnecor HT leads, Focuz exhaust manifold, shade's decat, 4" straight through exhaust, Boss xtt 17" alloys, carconcept.de m3 side skirts, and rear bumper, evo 5 front bumper and quad headlights, R34 side repeaters, EVS strobe kit, Pioneer 9600 mp headunit, 12" pioneer sub, renegade 600w amp, infinity 6x9's, Toad ai606 alarm.

My favorite mod would have to be the R34 clear side repeaters. It was my very first mod and I did it myself using the guide from NPOC.

Well, you've certainly been busy!! Can you talk us through the extensive body changes you?ve made?

I ordered the full cc bodykit for the car, then about a week later Kev posted up the Evo kit. I thought if I could get someone to buy the front of my car I would be able to get the Evo kit! Luckily there was quite a bit of interest in the front end of the cc kit and I found a buyer. Once I had all the bits I headed off to a garage to get them fitted and painted. It took a week to do, and I visited everyday to see how it was going and helped out in a few places. I wanted to keep the bonnet black, and had a section of the front bumper kept black too. I thought if it looked bad I'd just get it repainted, but I was happy with the outcome. I sat around on the GT alloys for a while as I couldn?t decide what wheels to get. I always wanted the Boss xtt alloys but wasn't sure how they would look on the car. Now I have them I'm happy, but I have kerbed them pretty badly. I recently hit a kerb whilst driving. I was coming to a mini round about in North London, I didn't see the centre island corner. It's a cheeky island as the edge curves out. The bumper cleared it, but the wheel hit, which I can't figure out how it happened as the wheels sit in the arch and don't stick out. The kerb itself was higher than the clearance of the bumper. So I'm stumped. Will get them refurbed though.

I don't really clean the car that often. I live in Forest Gate, which is littered with trees. Right outside my house aswell, so if I clean the car today, tomorrow it will be covered in tree sap again. Tell you what though, at night the black bonnet looks pretty cool with all the sap on it. Kinda makes it glittery. Plus the amount of rain we get there's not much point. I do give it a clean and polish when the shows come round though!

You've been busy in the performance area too, what sort of effect have these had on your car?

The single most gain I've noticed is the exhaust header. The car picks up loads better at the top end, and the car sounds great. I really want to get the car dynoe'd. I know it won't be a lot, but from what it was before it's much improved.

As a GA16DE owner, do you strive to prove that these can be just as exciting as the SR20DE cars?

In my opinion there isn't much between the two. A friend of mine has a GTLE and lives just down the road. Sure its always going to beat me, but the gap isn't actually that big. On paper it's about 2seconds faster to 60mph, but at the wheel you can still read the number plate! Of course after that the GT goes into a league of its own. You can usually find us down the A406 in the middle of the night. Another friend is a mechanic and we meet often and talk about ideas that we could do.

Any future modifications you might want to give us an exclusive on?

I ordered an Eaton M45 supercharger off the Mini Cooper S. There's loads of space in the GA engine bay so it will be much easier than if it where a SR engine. I'm not going to run huge amounts of boost to start with. Get it spinning at 5 or 6psi would be great! The car needs lowering which will get done one day, lol.

We hear you have quite a talent for off road driving, is this true?!

Well I do like watching WRC, so thought I would give it a go! I was terrified when half the car decided to take the ditch instead of the road. Even with a shot clutch, Ade was on a mission! I took the corner in 2nd gear at about 30mph, the front half made it, so the right side of the car was on the road, and the left half was in the dirt. I didn't think, just acted and swung the wheel around and the car came back to me. I thought to myself, I hope no one saw that! I had Shaun in front of me and Darren behind. Poor Darren after when we arrived at Santa Pod he told me he thought he was going to crash into me, as my car threw dirt into the road and air.

You're a good sport!! Congratulations for all the hard work you've put into your car and promoting the club on your various trips to shows and events!! Please give praise and thanks to anyone you would like to shower praise and thanks upon!!

Wanna thank everyone at NPOC!! And I mean everyone. If I hadn't found NPOC I probably wouldn't know much about how cars run! Also the mod team, always up for some jokes! Thanks to Stefan from carconcept.de he made my purchase happen in ease and with haste. Mark B. for his forever knowledge about the Primera, Ade for the decat. Kev Shek, even though I've never met the geeza he has inspired me like none other!

Car of the Month September 2005 - Shakher (Shake) P11 Precision

Written by Stevie-Boy

Post Reply Post Reply