Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Car Of The Month > 2007 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

September 2007 - Derek (P11 144)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

COTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_COTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: September 2007 - Derek (P11 144)
    Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 6:48pm

Congratulations go to Derek for winning Car of the Month September 2007.  His magnificent P11-144 Sport+ Saloon is a shining lesson in slick modifying!

Well done Derek, how does it feel to win the CotM award?

Absolutely made up..makes all the hard work seem worthwhile, especially when you see some of the cars in the club, pity you lot can't see me at the moment big huge grin pasted on my face.

Before we move onto the car, we'd like to hear a bit about you.

Well I'm 51 years young, married to Kath with one son who has just turned 18 (he's been in the navy since 16!) I currently work for Warburtons Bakery although I'm a telecoms / television engineer by trade. I suppose personality wise I'm a bit of a perfectionist (this I hope shows in the car) I also like to mess about with computers and stuff although I barely know what I'm doing often with disastrous consequences. Finally I love my sport you name it I'll watch it, as long as I've got a can at my side (and the TV remote).

(Derek behind car in shades)

How did you come to buy this particular car and is this your first Primera?

This is my first Primera, nice story behind the buying it....I was driving a Fiat Marea Weekender and it went and got trashed by an Artic so while the car was in the body shop I got a Mondeo TDI hire car, you can imagine the difference, as soon as the Fiat came back I started looking for a new car. That's when I found the Primera, I literally just sat in it at the showroom and knew this was the car I wanted.  So on Saturday morning I dropped Kath off at work in the Fiat and picked her up at 5.00 pm in the Prim you should have seen her face!! (I never told her I was changing the car) but then she drove it and that was that...I actually bought it without driving it first. Never regretted it either.

How did you find NPOC and join the gang?

Easy answer the first thing I did was look for any info I could find on Primeras and obviously came across NPOC, the write ups and technical information just helped to make my mind up.  So I guess you lot were partially responsible for getting me in trouble in the first place.

Tell us a bit about the tiptronic gearbox, how does that all work??

To be honest I don't know how it works, all I can say is you have to try driving it to appreciate it especially when downshifting into corners

All of your mods appear to be very carefully chosen, have you done this before or is this the first car you've modified?

First attempt at modding ...and yes tried to work in a particular direction just minor tweeks at first then moving on to radical changes as I went along, I think it's probably the most rewarding way.

The spoiler is a winning touch, is that a Primera specific part?

LOL, as quite a few of you should know the spoiler cost me a fiver on a car boot sale 'insert your own word here'.. Jammy  ********

This is a good moment to let us know your full spec list please!

Colour coded lightbrows

Colour coded after market spoiler

Clear side repeaters

Sharkfin aerial

Laguna splitter

EBC grooved front discs

EBC rear discs

Greenstuff pads all round

17" Wolfrace alloys with Toyo proxies all round

Colour coded front bumper

Koni sports suspension (lowered by around 30mm)

SS Autochrome  header with full stainless exhaust

Chrome kickplates

Magnecor Competition ignition leads

Modified standard air filter

Meshed front bumper and grill

Chrome washer jets

Debadged

NISMO oil cap

Out of everything you have done, do you have a favourite modification?  Any job you found particularly difficult to do?

It's got to be the suspension even though it's really harsh, the driving pleasure when flying round a corner more than makes up for it. (Not that I fly round corners you understand !!)

What are your plans for the remainder of 2007 and into 2008, any secret plans for the car?!

Now that I'm keeping her I think it's got to be more power..no secrets lol if I had any they would be a secret anyway.

With unlimited funds, what would you do with the car?

I really would like to go down the turbo route, although some form of launch control would be interesting.

Was great to see you at the big shows this year, can we hope to see you out and about for the rest of the year?

I had a great time at JAE this time so yes hopefully going to get to a few more meets, going to miss Peterborough this year.

Congratulations again for winning the coveted Car of the Month award, your Sport+ is a stunning example and we look forward to seeing more of it over the future months.  Please give your shouts and thanks to anyone you wish:

Big huge thanks to everybody it's a pleasure to be involved with the club..as you all know I don't spend a whole lot of time on here so the welcome I do get is all the more appreciated..and a special mention for Gaz for the photos he takes of my car are they are exceptional.

Car of the Month September 2007 - Derek - P11-144 Sport+
Written by Stevie-Boy
 Post Reply Post Reply