Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > NPOC Member Of The Month > 2015 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

September 2015 - NPOC @ Japest 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Staff
NPOC Staff

MOTM Staff

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NPOC_MOTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: September 2015 - NPOC @ Japest 2
    Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 8:15pm
As a change to our normal MOTM and because of the success of the NPOC turnout at Japfest 2 this year, we are doing a Club Feature instead! - This September 2015 feature has many many winners!

Japfest 2 at Rockingham (held on August 16th 2015), saw the NPOC out and about and in MASSIVE NUMBERS Rockon This feature is dedicated to each and everyone of you guys and gals, who showed out and represented the Club - THANK YOU Clap

This feature will look back at the day we all enjoyed and focus mainly on what the NPOC got up to, as well as covering all the other activities on the day. There will be plenty of photos of all the members cars, other random cars and some track action piccies too!

Whilst this feature takes me a lot longer to knock up than a normal MOTM one, it's always a pleasure as it's you peeps that make it so much easier. I use your photos and your words Clap

During the feature, you'll see I have used "actual quotes" from the members who were there. These will be "in this colour" Smile.. There's no better feedback on what we do as a club, as it comes from our own members who attended Japfest  Thumbs%20Up.

ragt20: "Another lovely meet, great to catch up with everyone, and new guys today, day was great... Still don't like Rockingham as a viewing area for cars on track, but everything else was great."

PrimeraPhill: "Was a great day and I enjoyed it on the whole. Track action viewing etc was poor, and poorly organised! Why have the 0-60 at the front!! The main track action should be there!! Though was fantastic to meet up with everyone again, and chat with like minded people over similar interests. Overall a good day!"

It was an early start for NPOC as we all agreed to meet up before the event and roll in to Donington Park in one big convoy!! The pre-meet was planned for 07:30 and we all met up at Phoenix Park Way Retail in Corby.. This proved to be a popular pre-meet location with a lot of other clubs too and the Services was rocking with lovely Jap machinery everywhere!

Once we were all present and correct, it was time to fire up the Nissan Primeras and convoy to the circuit Thumbs%20Up

sunny1600: "Had a great day lads and girls. Lovely weather, good turnout and a great track. What more could you ask for. See you guys at the next meet. Cheers."

Criteria: "Another great meet. I wasn't impressed with the layout of the track action, but at least there was more retail stalls than at Donnington. Cerwin Vega stand was a nice touch too. Need more audio stuff at these shows. More variety in general would be good too. Ultimately it's the cars and people that make these meets worthwhile though."

Let's have an individual look at all the members cars (starting with the Nissan Primeras) on our Club Stand - ** Please note, there are 3 Nissan Primeras missing from the below stand photos, they were all at the track getting ready for their action! You'll see photos of them elsewhere in this feature anyways:

Mad Maru: "Agreed the venue was lacking as Japfest is mostly track oriented day out and this was hidden due to forces outside our control. But NPOC rocked in their own little plots."

Stevie-Boy: "Enjoyed walking around and having a few chats here and there."

And we're not always about Nissan Primeras here at NPOC, we have plenty of members who no longer own or drive one but we stand by our proud club motto of "Members 1st, cars 2nd", so all our members are always welcome at club events! Here's a look at some of the NON Nissan Primeras on the stand at Japfest 2:

FriedGold: "Great day. Shame about viewing of the track, it's cos all but the front stand is subsiding apparently! The track itself was great though, I really enjoyed my two sessions. Sadly after the second one my brake pads were literally gone. I had to get recovery to bring us home!"

Sluffer: "Was great to see everyone again and meet a couple of the new guys, unbelievably my 1st meet of the year. As was to be expected track viewing here was not on par with Castle Combe or Donington Park, but was still a good day and plenty of places to eat, drink and pee.."

A BIG RESPECT shout goes out to some of our members as well, who took out their Nissan Primeras on track and represented Clap Here's a little spotlight for those guys out on track... 3 of them hit the track YAY!! Not forgetting we had 2 other club members, who took their NON Primeras out on track too! So 5 club cars out there in total!

NikC: "Hello everyone. First of all, my deepest gratitude for letting me come on the NPOC stand and see my oldest pals! Probably mentioned this but it was amazing to be with my peeps after a difficult few months (hardest of my life) and I cannot wait until JAE. Miss you all so much already and can't wait to see you all next month!" 

Ady_C (on FB): "
Great day out, loved being out on track with Darren, that boy drove the wheels off his GT, had great fun."

Every inch of the ground around the circuit was ooooozing with hardcore Jap Metal, Japfest is the biggest one day Jap Car event in Europe. The quality of cars is simply outstanding. Every marque and model is catered and shown here, whether it be classic Jap, track slag or high powered monster, let's have a quick look at some other cars:

RS Tom-Hundred: "Great day at Japfest 2 and seeing the NPOC peeps. As already said, the track wasn't the best to view but thanks to Tim for letting me ride shotgun and witness the track again from that perspective - Definitely reinforced my feelings about taking my own car on track as I know my competitive spirit, would have got the better of me more than once and seen me spin out the Altezza! Good to see a decent amount of cars there and NPOC represented well. Good to chat to the people new and old and sorry to the guys I somehow missed talking to!"

RocketMan: "Despite the early start not a bad day out! Pity about the track viewing though!"

Rocker_Kev: "Was good to meet up with the NPOC family at Rockingham. Better venue than Donington I thought, apart from the lack of track viewing areas. Won't be at JAE but will be at Ace Cafe for the NPOC Xmas Meey. Take care one and all."

Here's some odds and sods from around the NPOC Stand and some highlights from members cars and a look at some of our awesome members faces too!:

bavs83: "Such a brilliant day out. Was really good to put faces to names from NPOC. Really good chatting to like minded people. And a big thank you to you guys for all the help and advice with my coolant fan issues. Journey there and back was long and I was shattered."

essNchill: ""Had a great day out with the NPOC family as always, which is mainly the reason I always come out to these.. To hang with you guys!

When we did Rockingham a few years back for JF2, I thought it was a truly shite venue and having gone back a few years later, it really is a truly shite venue for this type of National Jap Meet! The track viewing is utter wank - The end!

Anyways, BIG thanks to all of you who came out to this one, the stand looked fantastic with an epic array of cars too! Nice to see a lovely petrol blue Honda with us on the day hahaha! I hope you all enjoyed meeting my new bike Ella.. I'm pretty sure Rich fell in love!

Thanks again peeps, you represented the NPOC as brilliantly as always!

Take care,
Shaun"

Congratulations once again to ALL OF YOU!

September 2015 MOTM / Feature - NPOC @ Japfest 2 2015

Written by essNchill

Post Reply Post Reply